The Pope-Canonize Or Castrate?

Great vid! Thanks for posting it. The crap this pope if spewing is a far cry from what he said when he first became pope. Bummer. I liked him then. now? Not so much.

There is no army, moron. There is the Swiss Guard, which is akin to the Secret Service. Believe it or not, morons of your ilk sometimes try to assassinate the pope. Not you personally perhaps, but others of your ilk.
Ah, NO. Questioning leadership is a far cry from assassinating leadership. No where in the OP or the thread have I called for harm.
BUT I think his leadership can called into question without threats or people suggesting like you that to question is to threat.
Become a Catholic if you want to criticize him. He isn't your leader.
Do I need to become a democrat to question Obama?
Do I need to become a muslim to question islamic state?
No, and their is CLEARLY a reason for that. Man has a RIGHT to question when he sees a bias.
Obama is your leader as you are an American.
You can question the motives of terrorists because they seek to harm you.
The pope has nothing to do with you.

There is no army, moron. There is the Swiss Guard, which is akin to the Secret Service. Believe it or not, morons of your ilk sometimes try to assassinate the pope. Not you personally perhaps, but others of your ilk.
Ah, NO. Questioning leadership is a far cry from assassinating leadership. No where in the OP or the thread have I called for harm.
BUT I think his leadership can called into question without threats or people suggesting like you that to question is to threat.
No, and their is CLEARLY a reason for that. Man has a RIGHT to question when he sees a bias.
When he makes statements or suggests policy that COULD impact or harm ANY Christian from ANY branch of the Christian faith I have a right to question.

When he makes statements or suggests policy that COULD impact or harm ANY Christian from ANY branch of the Christian faith I have a right to question.
Yet he has done no such thing other than in your imagination.

Canonize or castrate? Neither. I am Catholic. I'm not a fan of Pope Francis - I was, and still am, disappointed that Benedict left. Of course, Benedict got folks in an uproar by saying stuff too. When asked about condoms to protect people from the AIDS virus, he actually had the temerity to observe that if you only have sex with your spouse (who does not have AIDS) there is no reason for a condom!

Every Pope says things people get worked up over. Francis talks to the media more and doesn't have the charm of John Paul II ( of course some people thought it was amusing when John Paul was shot and nearly killed by a whacko). Francis' comments also tend to be clipped. Your comedy show link is just one example of how much attention to detail Francis' remarks are given.

Euro blood gave him power and wealth, eh? You do know that Pope's have nothing, right? It's a priest thing, vow of poverty. Here's some eurohistory. The Vatican and the Pope's residence housed many Jews hiding from the nazis.

What do you care if the Pope has guards? You aren't paying for them. And if you aren't Catholic, why is the Pope's opinion of interest to you at all- other than for a punch line?

I agree with Old Lady, he's a religious dude. If that's not your thing, move on.
Why were the guards first put in place?
Why were the walls built?
Protecting the Church and the museum and the offices/residence of the Pope is difficult for you to fathom?
No, no its not. But is it right to deny the same protections to the "flock?" Is it not his job to not only pray for their safety but to argue for it?

Denying protection to his flock? What are you talking about? What do you think the job of the Pope is, exactly?
When the wolves are at the door does the keeper of the faith run or deny? Or does he stand shoulder to shoulder WITH the flock barring the door?
You didn't answer my question. You don't know what the Pope's job is, and you clearly are not looking to learn, only demean. Of course, you made that clear with the title of your thread.

Why were the guards first put in place?
Why were the walls built?
Protecting the Church and the museum and the offices/residence of the Pope is difficult for you to fathom?
No, no its not. But is it right to deny the same protections to the "flock?" Is it not his job to not only pray for their safety but to argue for it?

Denying protection to his flock? What are you talking about? What do you think the job of the Pope is, exactly?
When the wolves are at the door does the keeper of the faith run or deny? Or does he stand shoulder to shoulder WITH the flock barring the door?
You really don't know what the Pope's job is, and you clearly are not looking to learn, only demean. Of course, you made that clear with the title of your thread.
I keep saying question, you keep crying demean. Is it NOT his job to seek even demand the protections of his faith? Should he have rose to speak AGAINST the killings in Monsul?

If he does not fight FOR the faith and the followers what good is he? Is it truly Christian leadership when leadership turns a blind eye to assaults/rapes and murders of Christians?

You really don't know what the Pope's job is, and you clearly are not looking to learn, only demean. Of course, you made that clear with the title of your thread.
I keep saying question, you keep crying demean. Is it NOT his job to seek even demand the protections of his faith? Should he have rose to speak AGAINST the killings in Monsul?

If he does not fight FOR the faith and the followers what good is he? Is it truly Christian leadership when leadership turns a blind eye to assaults/rapes and murders of Christians?
hmmm. This sounds like the same things they say about Trump! If he doesn't repeatedly denounce something or other he must be turning a blind eye!

Actually, Francis has repeatedly addressed the Christians being murdered, martyred, driven out of their homes.

Your ignorance just keeps getting more glaring.

Last edited:

hmmm. This sounds like the same things they say about Trump! If he doesn't repeatedly denounce something or other he must be turning a blind eye!

Actually, Francis has repeatedly addressed the Christians being murdered, martyred, driven out of their homes.

And he showed that bringing 12 Syria islamic refugees back with him instead of 12 Syrian Christian refugees?

And he showed that bringing 12 Syria islamic refugees back with him instead of 12 Syrian Christian refugees?
Yep. Good Samaritan. Christian refugees have an easier time getting asylum.

Forum List

Back