The Pathetic NY Yankees

Radicalredneckk

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2020
Honestly I don't know how you fix the New York Yankees for next year. They have a bunch of either over the hill players who have high contracts that no one wants, or a load of young not yet ready rookies, and this system not working, and not good. Fire Boone? I DO AGREE with that but that's not going to fix the problem. They also need to Fire Brian Cashmen, his time has expired a long time ago.

Honestly I don't know how you fix the New York Yankees for next year. They have a bunch of either over the hill players who have high contracts that no one wants, or a load of young not yet ready rookies, and this system not working, and not good. Fire Boone? I DO AGREE with that but that's not going to fix the problem. They also need to Fire Brian Cashmen, his time has expired a long time ago.
The Yankees started to fall when Steinbrenner died in 2010 and became unwatchable after Jeter retired in 2014. I think I watched maybe 4 or 5 games since then.

I grew up in the Bronx and was a rabid fan! We were listening in the porch and after Guidry struck out the side in the first inning against the Angels we drove to the Stadium and watched a record performance 18Ks

My advise? Tune in Miami soccer and watch Leo Messi

How to fix the Yankees:

1. Fire Boone. Too many in game decisions are BAD.

2. Move the analytics staff down in the management hierarchy.

3. Stop giving the players too much data.

4. Send McKinney and Bauers down.

5. 2 more starting pitchers

6. Make sure Rizzo and Trevnio are OK for next year.

7. Get another catcher -- one that hits. Trade Higgy.

8. Get a left fielder

9. OK with Bader and IKF.

10. Get a closer

11. Get rid of the entire coaching staff

12. No more bargain basement acquisitions or retreads.

13. More due diligence -- both medical and scouting -- on FA signings and trades.

14. Learn how to develop young players.

“The Last Place Yankees!”

Never in my 70+ years did I think I’d ever hear that phrase.

Get rid of Stanton. His occasional monster home runs don’t compensate for his generally weak batting average or his lack of speed or his poor baseball instincts.

I’m not sure Boone is the problem. Lots of injuries this season hurt.

Managing the team based on the home run ball is fine if you happen to do it with men on base. But they often don’t have men on base. Or they get a blast in a game they have already basically won.

Forget about the statistics-driven analyses they presently favor. Try doing some of the more old fashioned things.

Small ball would be fun.

Get rid of Stanton. His occasional monster home runs don’t compensate for his generally weak batting average or his lack of speed or his poor baseball instincts.

Managing the team based on the home run ball is fine if you happen to do it with men on base. But they often don’t have men on base. Or they get a blast in a game they have already basically won.

Forget about the statistics-driven analyses they presently favor. Try doing some of the more old fashioned things.

Small ball would be fun.
I know it's fashionable to trash Stanton but I haven't given up on him yet. I think the bad retreads who are replacing the injured are more to blame.

Boone's pitching decisions are always bad.

The Yankees are annually expected to win it all or get far into the playoffs. All of those World Series pennants brings high expectations. Fans expect nothing less.

I know it's fashionable to trash Stanton but I haven't given up on him yet. I think the bad retreads who are replacing the injured are more to blame.

Boone's pitching decisions are always bad.
I’ve grown weary of Stanton’s hot and cold “streaks,” especially since he is mostly cold. I don’t believe the Yankees do so well based on his play. So it has nothing to do with “fashionable.” I think he’s basically done. Hang up the cleats. Call it a career.

Boones’ pitching decisions flop when the pitching staff fails to live up to their paychecks. But I do think that he makes too many mistakes. I’m no coach or manager. But even I can see when he is failing to make a good move in a timely manner.

Small ball would be fun.

Boone is reportedly lousy with pitching. Takes out starter with 2-hit shutout too often at 98pitches or whatever. Bullpen blows games, morale sinks further.

I heard an in depth analysis from a long time Yankee announcer? He said in 2009 Jeter was getting worried. They were changing it all to "sabermetrics". Good baseball people were quitting. Minor leagues became embarrassing. Then it began to fall apart.

They tried to stem the bleeding with big money signings but it was not enough band-aid.

Btw: Bader is not any answer. He stunk it up on STL forever. Dump him ASAP.

Forum List

Back