The Paranoid Delusion of White Evangelical "Christians"

Who is it that does not believe in getting vaccinated? Who is it that denies climate change? Who is it that is consistently bigoted, homophobic and hate filled? Who is it that lacks formal education beyond high school? Who is it that centers their belief system around what a televangelist is telling them (often to send more money so he can upgrade his Learjet?)

I remember these people well during the W. Bush years, but they are morphing into something even more sinister and grotesque than they were.

In addition to shrinking as a share of the population, white evangelicals were also the oldest religious group in the United States, with a median age of 56. “It’s not just that they are dying off, but it is that they’re losing younger members,” Jones told me. As the group has become older and smaller, Jones said, “a real visceral sense of loss of cultural dominance” has set in.

White evangelicals once saw themselves “as the owners of mainstream American culture and morality and values,” said Jones. Now they are just another subculture.

From this fact derives much of our country’s cultural conflict. It helps explain not just the rise of Donald Trump, but also the growth of QAnon and even the escalating conflagration over critical race theory. “It’s hard to overstate the strength of this feeling, among white evangelicals in particular, of America being a white Christian country,” said Jones. “This sense of ownership of America just runs so deep in white evangelical circles.” The feeling that it’s slipping away has created an atmosphere of rage, resentment and paranoia.

QAnon is essentially a millenarian movement, with Trump taking the place of Jesus. Adherents dream of the coming of what they call the storm, when the enemies of the MAGA movement will be rounded up and executed, and Trump restored to his rightful place of leadership.

“It’s not unlike a belief in the second coming of Christ,” said Jones. “That at some point God will reorder society and set things right. I think that when a community feels itself in crisis, it does become more susceptible to conspiracy theories and other things that tell them that what they’re experiencing is not ultimately what’s going to happen.”

i predicted that the left will start going after white Christians ..... are yall going to start storming into and interrupting church services next ?

We're coming for ya. Antifa and BLM are organizing as we speak. Once you're rounded up we have an interment camp in central Mexico where you will be resettled, and your property and belongings will be forfeited to Mexican and Central American immigrants.

You'll die
Aint skeered.

Me neither, there lies your problem, little dude
We realize the importance of moving swiftly, we have to be halfway completed with the resettlement before Jehova (Trump) is reinstalled to the throne, and the Lord and Savior is able to rally his troops in an attempt to stop the resettlement.

We are moving forward with our plans as I type this. Have your affairs in order.

Grow up and cease annoying me, kid

DO unto others as you would have them do unto you. There is lots of good stuff in the bible, how come so many are focused on fire brimstone killing and destruction.
Cafeteria Christianity. Some of the most hateful people on this board will tell you they’re Christians.

Amazing how many people around the world are so eager to give their “religion” a bad name.

Who is it that does not believe in getting vaccinated? Who is it that denies climate change? Who is it that is consistently bigoted, homophobic and hate filled? Who is it that lacks formal education beyond high school? Who is it that centers their belief system around what a televangelist is telling them (often to send more money so he can upgrade his Learjet?)

I remember these people well during the W. Bush years, but they are morphing into something even more sinister and grotesque than they were.

In addition to shrinking as a share of the population, white evangelicals were also the oldest religious group in the United States, with a median age of 56. “It’s not just that they are dying off, but it is that they’re losing younger members,” Jones told me. As the group has become older and smaller, Jones said, “a real visceral sense of loss of cultural dominance” has set in.

White evangelicals once saw themselves “as the owners of mainstream American culture and morality and values,” said Jones. Now they are just another subculture.

From this fact derives much of our country’s cultural conflict. It helps explain not just the rise of Donald Trump, but also the growth of QAnon and even the escalating conflagration over critical race theory. “It’s hard to overstate the strength of this feeling, among white evangelicals in particular, of America being a white Christian country,” said Jones. “This sense of ownership of America just runs so deep in white evangelical circles.” The feeling that it’s slipping away has created an atmosphere of rage, resentment and paranoia.

QAnon is essentially a millenarian movement, with Trump taking the place of Jesus. Adherents dream of the coming of what they call the storm, when the enemies of the MAGA movement will be rounded up and executed, and Trump restored to his rightful place of leadership.

“It’s not unlike a belief in the second coming of Christ,” said Jones. “That at some point God will reorder society and set things right. I think that when a community feels itself in crisis, it does become more susceptible to conspiracy theories and other things that tell them that what they’re experiencing is not ultimately what’s going to happen.”

The current fundie movement has its roots in the schism of the Baptist Church and the formation of the Southern Baptist Church which was expressly split off over the issue of the promotion of slavery.

The current fundie movement has its roots in the schism of the Baptist Church and the formation of the Southern Baptist Church which was expressly split off over the issue of the promotion of slavery.

They organized in 1909 in Philadelphia in reaction to science and modernity. Its quite an interesting story.
Yes, any religious group from 1909 is directly comparable to fundamentalists today, just like if you are white today you should pay reparations for what whites did hundreds of years ago.

Very sell said.

What are you talking about? They decided the Bible was to be studied literally, they embraced the Scofield heresy and Christian Zionism... and fostered the Scopes Monkey Trial. It was a reactionary period against science and modernity.

Evangelicals still reject science and education.
I'm an Evangelical and I don't reject science or education.

But you flat our reject stories like the Garden of Eden, even though such stories reveal a troubling truth today. For you see, Adam and Eve ate from the tree of knowledge which was forbidden to them. Now why do you suppose that was? Does it seem odd that the tree was so named?

But looking at the world today, what is most threatening? Is it not a virus manufactured in a lab? What could completely wipe out all life from the earth? Are they not WMD's created by scientists.

Evangelicals don't threaten all life on earth, but people like yourself do.

The message of the Garden is simple, knowledge without wisdom brings death.

As the scientist Oppenheimer said after creating the A-bomb that destroyed two Japanese cities "I have become death"

Just about every culture has aa tree of life and a tree of knowledge. .. and knowledge without wisdom is obviously not helpful

Genesis answers a lot of questions for Bronze Age people but those stories are neither science nor history. They are morality tales and teaching narratives.

I am not surprise you think Covid was manufactured in a lab.
The Bible is the only religious book I know of that is used by scientists, that is, Biblical Archeologists.

These are not religious zealots, rather, they simply respect the text in terms of its historical veracity because reading it has helped them find digs.

For example, the only historical reference to the Philistines is in the Bible. They found them in digs by simply following the text.

But being a science hater you totally disregard such findings.

Bible archaeology is deeply flawed because their intention is to PROVE scripture. Modern Archaeologists do the work and let the work speak for itself. Israel has some excellent ones. .. So does Egypt..

Then you have frauds like Yigal Yadim or Ron Wyatt or Hayseed Stevens who use archaeology for their political agendas or to take money from believers.
Mainstream archeology is a fraud. It all seeks to prove existing theories as historical fact. Anytime a researcher uncovers proof or evidence that the current stated history of man is wrong that person is IMMEDIATELY labeled a crackpot.

Do not believe ANYTHING you have learned as gospel. Question EVERYTHING and do your research.
Both the biblical history and modern taught history are wrong about our past.
In your view what are the flaws of both?
Unwillingness to accept new evidence or theories. To do so could dismiss entrenched interests that could upend current teachings, invalidate textbooks & and other forms of archeology which would both cost money to correct current dogma as well as cut off the power of the establishment as it pertains to archeology
I think you will find that it is human nature to want to dismiss things that counter your beliefs. It has little to do with religion specifically. Science has a myriad of stories of other scientists being thrown to the dogs for a different view on what is accepted, only to be proven right years later.

It is because we are unable to prove precious little so we are left with belief to try and piece together reality in order to try and make sense of the world around us. Then when those beliefs are threatened, our ability to make sense of the world is subsequently threatened.

Granted, some beliefs threaten us more than others. Some can be discarded

with less anxiety while others are cornerstones that would force us to start over again.

As for myself, I grew up being told that science and the Bible were mutually exclusive. One was right while the other lying. I was told this from both sides

But as I matured and began investigating how both might be correct about such things as the age of the earth, I began to understand I was sold a bunch of crap from both those of faith and atheists.

Apples and oranges. Religion is spiritual.
Bull

The reason those of faith often have such little regard for science is the same reason those of science has such little regard for theology.

As a result, you have scientists laughing at such places as the Creation museum showing the earth only 6000 years old and scientists attempting theology such as Dawkins with his book "The God Delusion"

Both provide hours of comical entertainment because people have little respect for what they don't understand or bother to study.

They are completely different disciplines. You think there was a worldwide flood or humans lived alongside dinosaurs? Really? You want to challenge science with such mythos?
My views can be labeled Old Earth Creationism. There are a myriad of theories floating out there if interested.

So if you are I will share. If not, then bugger off.

As for the flood, to even know what a flood is one would have to experience it. And all ancient cultures in Mesopotamia have a great flood story.

But from your perspective, its just all rubbish even though the mere fact of the evidence that a great flood actually happened is present in all those cultures

There is evidence of flooding in the Euphrates River Basin. There is NO evidence of a worldwide flood.
So you believe in a Great Flood but not a world wide flood?

The Euphrates River Basin floods from time to time when snowmelt from the Zagros Mountains combines with spring rains. That's what built the delta south of Basra.

One such flood was in 2900 BC. A king in Sumer who sold grain, livestock and beer down river was caught up in the flood. His barges broke loose and ended up in Bahrain in the Persian Gulf. There is a footprint 150 miles wide and 350 miles to the south. This seems to be the source of the Gilgamesh flood story and the Hebrew story of Noah.
The source of the flood story is the Younger Dryas impact.

Probably not. Glaciers don't move fast enough to drown everyone.. That .. 12,000 - 15,000 years ago. I doubt the Babylonians were writing about it 9,000 years later.
I don't think you know what the younger dryas is.

It was multiple massive asteroid impacts. One of which hit the glaciers in Greenland and instantly melted them.
The flood you're referring to was regional and as a result would not have been recorded world wide. Also of note the story of Noah's flood is IDENTICAL to the one recorded by the Sumarians thousands of years BEFORE Egypt rose to prominence

We have hoards of diseased illegals who never saw a vaccination in their lives infiltrating the borders every day but the (bigoted) angry left worries about evangelical Christians. Talk about paranoid.
evangelicals are the next target in line for the evil marxist left ....
Well if Revelations is right, they are just getting warmed up.

But really, any ideology or authority that challenges the Left must be destroyed.

It matters little what it is.

See what I mean. Revelation tells you quite plainly that John, your brother in tribuation is telling you what will soon take place before this generation passes. He tells you there won't be another Temple..

Instead you all follow Scofield, Hal Lindsey and the fututists... and you expect Gog and Magog and the Rapture.

Lack of education.
Revelation is coming true before your very eyes

They organized in 1909 in Philadelphia in reaction to science and modernity. Its quite an interesting story.
Yes, any religious group from 1909 is directly comparable to fundamentalists today, just like if you are white today you should pay reparations for what whites did hundreds of years ago.

Very sell said.

What are you talking about? They decided the Bible was to be studied literally, they embraced the Scofield heresy and Christian Zionism... and fostered the Scopes Monkey Trial. It was a reactionary period against science and modernity.

But you flat our reject stories like the Garden of Eden, even though such stories reveal a troubling truth today. For you see, Adam and Eve ate from the tree of knowledge which was forbidden to them. Now why do you suppose that was? Does it seem odd that the tree was so named?

But looking at the world today, what is most threatening? Is it not a virus manufactured in a lab? What could completely wipe out all life from the earth? Are they not WMD's created by scientists.

As the scientist Oppenheimer said after creating the A-bomb that destroyed two Japanese cities "I have become death"

Just about every culture has aa tree of life and a tree of knowledge. .. and knowledge without wisdom is obviously not helpful

Genesis answers a lot of questions for Bronze Age people but those stories are neither science nor history. They are morality tales and teaching narratives.

The Bible is the only religious book I know of that is used by scientists, that is, Biblical Archeologists.

These are not religious zealots, rather, they simply respect the text in terms of its historical veracity because reading it has helped them find digs.

For example, the only historical reference to the Philistines is in the Bible. They found them in digs by simply following the text.

Bible archaeology is deeply flawed because their intention is to PROVE scripture. Modern Archaeologists do the work and let the work speak for itself. Israel has some excellent ones. .. So does Egypt..

Then you have frauds like Yigal Yadim or Ron Wyatt or Hayseed Stevens who use archaeology for their political agendas or to take money from believers.
Mainstream archeology is a fraud. It all seeks to prove existing theories as historical fact. Anytime a researcher uncovers proof or evidence that the current stated history of man is wrong that person is IMMEDIATELY labeled a crackpot.

Do not believe ANYTHING you have learned as gospel. Question EVERYTHING and do your research.
Unwillingness to accept new evidence or theories. To do so could dismiss entrenched interests that could upend current teachings, invalidate textbooks & and other forms of archeology which would both cost money to correct current dogma as well as cut off the power of the establishment as it pertains to archeology
I think you will find that it is human nature to want to dismiss things that counter your beliefs. It has little to do with religion specifically. Science has a myriad of stories of other scientists being thrown to the dogs for a different view on what is accepted, only to be proven right years later.

It is because we are unable to prove precious little so we are left with belief to try and piece together reality in order to try and make sense of the world around us. Then when those beliefs are threatened, our ability to make sense of the world is subsequently threatened.

with less anxiety while others are cornerstones that would force us to start over again.

As for myself, I grew up being told that science and the Bible were mutually exclusive. One was right while the other lying. I was told this from both sides

But as I matured and began investigating how both might be correct about such things as the age of the earth, I began to understand I was sold a bunch of crap from both those of faith and atheists.

Bull

The reason those of faith often have such little regard for science is the same reason those of science has such little regard for theology.

As a result, you have scientists laughing at such places as the Creation museum showing the earth only 6000 years old and scientists attempting theology such as Dawkins with his book "The God Delusion"

Both provide hours of comical entertainment because people have little respect for what they don't understand or bother to study.

They are completely different disciplines. You think there was a worldwide flood or humans lived alongside dinosaurs? Really? You want to challenge science with such mythos?
My views can be labeled Old Earth Creationism. There are a myriad of theories floating out there if interested.

As for the flood, to even know what a flood is one would have to experience it. And all ancient cultures in Mesopotamia have a great flood story.

But from your perspective, its just all rubbish even though the mere fact of the evidence that a great flood actually happened is present in all those cultures

There is evidence of flooding in the Euphrates River Basin. There is NO evidence of a worldwide flood.

The Euphrates River Basin floods from time to time when snowmelt from the Zagros Mountains combines with spring rains. That's what built the delta south of Basra.

One such flood was in 2900 BC. A king in Sumer who sold grain, livestock and beer down river was caught up in the flood. His barges broke loose and ended up in Bahrain in the Persian Gulf. There is a footprint 150 miles wide and 350 miles to the south. This seems to be the source of the Gilgamesh flood story and the Hebrew story of Noah.

Probably not. Glaciers don't move fast enough to drown everyone.. That .. 12,000 - 15,000 years ago. I doubt the Babylonians were writing about it 9,000 years later.

It was multiple massive asteroid impacts. One of which hit the glaciers in Greenland and instantly melted them.
The flood you're referring to was regional and as a result would not have been recorded world wide. Also of note the story of Noah's flood is IDENTICAL to the one recorded by the Sumarians thousands of years BEFORE Egypt rose to prominence
So we are all in agreement of the Great Flood in that region?

DO unto others as you would have them do unto you. There is lots of good stuff in the bible, how come so many are focused on fire brimstone killing and destruction.
Cafeteria Christianity. Some of the most hateful people on this board will tell you they’re Christians.

Amazing how many people around the world are so eager to give their “religion” a bad name.
Yep.

Hitler said he was as well as Joe Pa Biden.

We have hoards of diseased illegals who never saw a vaccination in their lives infiltrating the borders every day but the (bigoted) angry left worries about evangelical Christians. Talk about paranoid.

But really, any ideology or authority that challenges the Left must be destroyed.

See what I mean. Revelation tells you quite plainly that John, your brother in tribuation is telling you what will soon take place before this generation passes. He tells you there won't be another Temple..

Instead you all follow Scofield, Hal Lindsey and the fututists... and you expect Gog and Magog and the Rapture.

Lack of education.

Very sell said.

Bull

Region? No

World wide? Yes

Sea levels rose world wide near instantly geologically speaking 11700 years ago.

The Bible just co opted history

Yep.

Hitler said he was as well as Joe Pa Biden.
And your Orange hero.

How could you forget THAT?

Lack of education.

Very sell said.

Bull

Specifically in the Euphrates River Basin.. Its quite flat so the water didnt cover the mountains 22 cubits.

Lack of education.

Very sell said.

Bull

Specifically in the Euphrates River Basin.. Its quite flat so the water didnt cover the mountains 22 cubits.
Sea levels rose by around 450 ft after the impact.

Lol, climate change? You loons have been predicting doom and gloom for over 50 years and we are doing just fine. I mean by the year 2000 we were all supposed to starve to death.

Homophobic? That's another lie, I don't care what they do with their lives. At first it was none of my business and now it's in my face 24/7. Go back to living your lives in private, the way I do. Trans that's another story, but they are free to live their life as they choose. But don't take a girls scholarships away just because you can't compete with your own gender.
I don't trust the government, especially since Fauci was wrong on everything about covid. So no I won't get a vaccine for a virus that has over a 99% survival rate. Like you loons say, follow the science.
Education? Just look at what's happening in Portland that's what college is teaching. So they're useless.
I'm a Christian I live my life and leave people alone. I don't hate anyone. But after Trump I see liberals have nothing but hate to offer. I mean your hate cost thousands of American lives, when hydrochroloquine was banned from use no matter what because you didn't want Trump to get credit for something good. Now that's hate.
Glad to show you the truth.

Last edited:

Lol, the only slavery alive today is the democrat welfare system.

Yeah, it has to be just white evangelicals that are hesitant about taking the vaccines, OH WAIT....................

Very sell said.

You mean like the science that you cannot change your DNA? Or the science that bacteria on another planet is life, but a baby in the womb with a heart beat isn't? Or that we can destroy the earth by living our lives, when there is enough energy in a lighting bolt to power new york city. We can destroy something that powerful? Lol, like I said it was predicted that we would all starve to death by the year 2020. Last I looked I'm still eating good.

Very sell said.

I've never met one who thinks a man can be a woman

Right.. They beliee in armageddon and the rapture.
They could be correct. I don't but who knows

Not if you have an education.

Education has little to do with faith.

Education also will tell you a man can't be a woman... that and common sense. Something leftists lack evidently

Do you know the difference between biology and psychology?

~~~~~~
Apparently you don't...

**********​
**********​

Bible Archaeology is like creation science.. Read real archaeologists like Devers or Israel Finklestein.

Yeah, it has to be just white evangelicals that are hesitant about taking the vaccines, OH WAIT....................

Farrakhan is a real moron.. He invented his own racist religion. You don't want to follow Calypso louie.. He's dumb.

Very sell said.

You mean like the science that you cannot change your DNA? Or the science that bacteria on another planet is life, but a baby in the womb with a heart beat isn't? Or that we can destroy the earth by living our lives, when there is enough energy in a lighting bolt to power new york city. We can destroy something that powerful? Lol, like I said it was predicted that we would all starve to death by the year 2020. Last I looked I'm still eating good.

Nive rant if a bit irrational. Who says you can change your dna?

Very sell said.

Nive rant if a bit irrational. Who says you can change your dna?
You loons approve of guy in girls sports, just because the want to be a girl. Sorry to show you loons ignorance. They have the right to do as they please, but don't expect me to play along.

Very sell said.

Nice rant if a bit irrational. Who says you can change your dna?
You loons approve of guy in girls sports, just because the want to be a girl. Sorry to show you loons ignorance. They have the right to do as they please, but don't expect me to play along.

You are lashing out like some demented bully. You don't know what I think. Knock it off. Do YOU think you can change your dna?

Looks like you folks are of a like mind, huh?

Forum List

Back