The "OZONE HOLE" scam was the pre-curser to the Global Warmists movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read the link I provided. And despite your efforts otherwise, I am aware that ozone is produced by oxygen and ultraviolet. Now read the fucking link.

Last edited:
Read the link I provided. And despite your efforts otherwise, I am aware that ozone is produced by oxygen and ultraviolet. Now read the fucking link.

You apparently didn't read your own link...or perhaps you are unable to read and comprehend. Here, from your own link:

The hole lasts for only two months, but its timing could not be worse. Just as sunlight awakens activity in dormant plants and animals, it also delivers a dose of harmful ultraviolet radiation. After eight weeks, the hole leaves Antarctica, only to pass over more populated areas, including New Zealand and Australia. This biologically damaging, high-energy radiation cancause skin cancer, injure eyes, harm the immune system, and upset the fragile balance of an entire ecosystem

Two months...at a time when there is very little UV entering the upper atmosphere...as the seasons move on and there is more sunlight entering the atmosphere, the hole goes away. How do you suppose that does anything more than confirm what I have been saying?

And the fact that you believe sites like that is hard, and indisputable evidence that you are a top shelf dupe.

The gist of that paragraph is how the hole "closes up over Antarctica" and then "travels around letting the UV blast populated areas. What bullshit. There are enough nasa time lapse images of the hole over periods of years, to see that the hole does not "drift" around over populated areas at the end of the Antarctic winter...More solar energy enters the atmosphere and forms ozone which then closes the hole...wherever solar energy is entering the atmosphere, O3 is forming...there is no "hole" drifting around over populated areas....

The "hole" is over antarctica and to a lesser degree over the arctic...and there it stays...the sun is always and forever north of the "hole" over antarctica, and south of the "hole" over the arctic...the idea that the sun is shining through them onto populated areas is absolutely laughable and only the most ignorant sort of dupe would even entertain such a ridiculous thought... Do give me a rational explanation as to how a hole that is south of the sun, which is north of said hole, lets harmful UV down on a land mass that is also north of the hole....don't ever tell me you are educated again, because it is nothing more than a bald faced lie and the fact that you could be taken in by such pseudoscientific bullshit says all that ever needs to be said about your "education". You are nothing more than a useful idiot.

So now that you acknowledge that O3 forms due to solar energy entering the atmosphere...and that if there is less solar energy, there will be less O3 formation, lets talk about the things that O3 will react to...there is Nitrogen at 780,000 ppm in the atmosphere, and other naturally occurring gasses and compounds, and then there are CFC's at 5 to 20 ppm. Tell me, which do you think breaks down more O3 molecules? Any guesses?

Tell you what...find me a satellite video showing this hole "drifting" around over populated areas where plenty of solar energy is entering the atmosphere...if such a thing existed, you should certainly have no problem finding it... Just more pseudoscientific bullshit designed explicitly to fool stupid little goobs like you.

Last edited:
And so the massive and perfectly maintained globe-spanning conspiracy deniers claim grows even larger.

And so the massive and perfectly maintained globe-spanning conspiracy deniers claim grows even larger.
I can’t help but notice that you didn’t provide a video showing the O-Zone whole wandering around the southern hemisphere allowing you the to burn up people and populated area’s. There are certainly plenty of videos and time lapse photos provided by NASA. Yeah if your article is true, don’t you think there would be images to prove it.

Arguing with a logical fallacy is about your speed but not very effective. Either you can provide some evidence to support your claims or you can’t. The fax support mine. Only fantasy supports yours

I can't help but notice you ignore it when someone points out that your claims are blatantly unbelievable. There is no conspiracy. Climate scientists are not all crooks nor all fools but you are an idiot to make the contention.

I can't help but notice you ignore it when someone points out that your claims are blatantly unbelievable. There is no conspiracy. Climate scientists are not all crooks nor all fools but you are an idiot to make the contention.

Exactly what have I said that is unbelievable? That UV from the sun is what causes O3 to form? That when there is less UV, there will be less O3 formation? What exactly is unbelievable about that? Your article makes the claim that the ozone hole wanders around when the sun starts shining over the poles in the spring....That is unbelievable...got any evidence whatsoever to back it up?

From the NOAA

"Why has an “ozone hole” appeared over Antarctica when ozone- depleting substances are present throughout the stratosphere?

Ozone-depleting substances are present throughout the stratospheric ozone layer because they are transported great distances by atmospheric air motions. The severe depletion of the Antarctic ozone layer known as the “ozone hole” occurs because of the special atmospheric and chemical conditions that exist there and nowhere else on the globe. The very low winter temperatures in the Antarctic stratosphere cause polar stratospheric clouds (PSCs) to form. Special reactions that occur on PSCs, combined with the relative isolation of polar stratospheric air, allow chlorine and bromine reactions to produce the ozone hole in Antarctic springtime."

This is now standard 101 stuff, get over it Crick!

From the NOAA

"Why has an “ozone hole” appeared over Antarctica when ozone- depleting substances are present throughout the stratosphere?

Ozone-depleting substances are present throughout the stratospheric ozone layer because they are transported great distances by atmospheric air motions. The severe depletion of the Antarctic ozone layer known as the “ozone hole” occurs because of the special atmospheric and chemical conditions that exist there and nowhere else on the globe. The very low winter temperatures in the Antarctic stratosphere cause polar stratospheric clouds (PSCs) to form. Special reactions that occur on PSCs, combined with the relative isolation of polar stratospheric air, allow chlorine and bromine reactions to produce the ozone hole in Antarctic springtime."

This is now standard 101 stuff, get over it Crick!

They fail to mention that in addition to naturally occurring chlorine and bromine compounds, O3 also readily reacts with Nitrogen at 780,000ppm, and hydrogen.

Back in 2007, an article was published in nature in which an order of magnitude sized error in molecular chemistry measurement threatened to undermine the accepted explanation that CFC's caused ozone depletion.

The author of the article stated that "our understanding of chloride chemistry has really been blown apart." Silence followed for nearly 10 years on the topic. Rather than admit that the molecular rate change (CFC's reacting with O3) was 10 times lower than they had claimed they simply moved on allowing the public misconception to persist.

Then in 2013 NASA says that the Ozone "hole" size is naturally determined

New Results From Inside the Ozone Hole

clip: The classic metrics create the impression that the ozone hole has improved as a result of the Montreal protocol. In reality, meteorology was responsible for the increased ozone and resulting smaller hole, as ozone-depleting substances that year were still elevated. The study has been submitted to the journal of Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics.

Pozzuoli et al., 2013

Clip: The changes in meteorology (not including stratospheric variations) and natural emissions account for 75 % of the total variability of global average surface O3 concentrations.
Regionally, annual mean surface O3 concentrations increased by 1.3 and 1.6 ppbv over Europe and North America, respectively, despite the large anthropogenic emission reductions between 1980 and 2005.

Ivy et al., 2017

Recent research has demonstrated that the concentrations of anthropogenic halocarbons have decreased in response to the worldwide phaseout of ozone depleting substances. Yet, in 2015 the Antarctic ozone hole reached a historical record daily average size in October.

The fact is that the ozone hole being anthropogenic in origin was a scam...a large chemical company hijacked the environmental agenda for the purpose of selling a more expensive, less effective refrigerant that would not have had a market so long as freon was readily available...the scare they created in conjunction with politicians still persists even in the face of overwhelming evidence that the hole is not, and never was a anthropogenic in origin.

What is it you think I need getting over?

Being a dupe...believing in the scam...having no informed opinion of your own and simply spewing one given to you by someone with a political agenda.

"CFCs have a lifetime in the atmosphere of about 20 to 100 years, and consequently one free chlorine atom from a CFC molecule can do a lot of damage, destroying ozone molecules for a long time. Although emissions of CFCs around the developed world have largely ceased due to international control agreements, the damage to the stratospheric ozone layer will continue well into the 21st century."

The Ozone Hole

Dupe

"CFCs have a lifetime in the atmosphere of about 20 to 100 years, and consequently one free chlorine atom from a CFC molecule can do a lot of damage, destroying ozone molecules for a long time. Although emissions of CFCs around the developed world have largely ceased due to international control agreements, the damage to the stratospheric ozone layer will continue well into the 21st century."

The Ozone Hole

Dupe

And CFC's are between 5 and 20 ppm....Nitrogen which also reacts readily with O3 is 780,000ppm....tell me skid mark, what is the lifetime of a nitrogen atom in the atmosphere? Can you do basic math? What are the chances of an O3 molecule encountering, and reacting with a N2 molecule compared to encountering and reacting with a CFC molecule?

There is no damage to the ozone layer...there is only seasonal variation...more and more papers are exposing the scam, pointing out that the montreal protocols have done nothing...

it is somewhat humorous that a large chemical corporation hijacked your beliefs, and tricked you into believing that freon was destroying the ozone layer so they could sell a more expensive, less effective replacement...and after all this time, they still have you fooled. You are a top shelf goob and it appears that you are incapable of changing...even when the observable evidence makes it clear that you are wrong.

As to your laughable web site...I see no mention whatsoever of how O3 is formed...nor is their any mention of the fact that CFC's are a vanishingly small part of the atmosphere that will readily react with O3...no mention at all that O3 readily reacts with natural chlorine and bromine compounds as well as Nitrogen which is over 3/4 of the atmosphere...your site is a dupe site...designed for people with no critical thinking skills...a site for people who are unable to develop an informed opinion and need to have one handed to them.

Last edited:
And CFC's are between 5 and 20 ppm....Nitrogen which also reacts readily with O3 is 780,000ppm.

SSDD's deranged theory that says the ozone layer instantly disappears whenever the sun sets.

However, that doesn't happen.

Hence, the real world again says that SSDD is one deluded little bitch.

And he likes it. The "being a bitch" part, at least.

The Montreal Protocol worked and that is what truly scares the bejeesus out of conservatives. The Protocol which has been very successful reduced ozone emissions which led to the recovery of the ozone layer. The reason it scares conservatives is because it is a precursor of a frame work that can work to fight climate change.

Given how anti-science and anti-fact the conservative movement has become, the Montreal Protocol would never, or at least be nearly impossible, to implement today to our detriment. At least then there were still rational conservatives like George HW Bush.
You want to fight natural earth evolution?
Lol

And CFC's are between 5 and 20 ppm....Nitrogen which also reacts readily with O3 is 780,000ppm.

SSDD's deranged theory that says the ozone layer instantly disappears whenever the sun sets.

However, that doesn't happen.

Hence, the real world again says that SSDD is one deluded little bitch.

And he likes it. The "being a bitch" part, at least.

Again...making up arguments and railing against them. When there is no solar radiation incoming, there is no Ozone production...ozone is a very unstable molecule which readily reacts with nitrogen and other naturally occurring molecules...the half life of an ozone molecule out in the wild is about a day and some studies find that it is as little as 30 minutes. If ozone is breaking down and there is no incoming solar to break O2 molecules some of which reform into O3, what do you think is happening on the dark side of the earth...tell me about the magic that you think happens which prevents this very unstable molecule from breaking down and how it might regenerate in the absence of UV incoming from the sun which is responsible for its creation in the upper atmosphere. Lets hear it hairball

Here: From the favorite source of warmers:

Ozone - Wikipedia

Ozone is among the most powerful oxidizing agents known, far stronger than O2. It is also unstable at high concentrations, decaying into ordinary oxygen. Its half-life varies with atmospheric conditions such as temperature, humidity, and air movement. In a sealed chamber with a fan that moves the gas, ozone has a half-life of approximately one day at room temperature.[25] Some unverified claims assert that ozone can have a half life of as short as thirty minutes under atmospheric conditions.[26]

The reference of a half life of 30 minutes comes from the Goddard Space Flight Center

– Earth Science FAQ: Where can I find information about the ozone hole and ozone depletion?

I encourage you to keep talking hairball...I find it enjoyable bitch slapping you cultists down with facts. And there is the added bonus of demonstrating that you have no informed opinion of your own, but are simply spewing one given to you by someone with a political agenda.

Last edited:
Again...making up arguments and railing against them. When there is no solar radiation incoming, there is no Ozone production...ozone is a very unstable molecule which readily reacts with nitrogen and other naturally occurring molecules...the half life of an ozone molecule out in the wild is about a day and some studies find that it is as little as 30 minutes.

Fine. I stand corrected. You crank theory states that the ozone layer disappears _shortly after_ the sun sets, as opposed to _instantly_ after the sun sets. It's still a stupid and delusional crank theory, because the ozone doesn't disappear overnight. Come morning, most of it is still there.

I encourage you to keep talking hairball...

Pisschugger, how do you explain the inconvenient fact that the ozone layer does not disappear overnight? You're spouting even stinkier shit than usual out of your piehole.

Again...making up arguments and railing against them. When there is no solar radiation incoming, there is no Ozone production...ozone is a very unstable molecule which readily reacts with nitrogen and other naturally occurring molecules...the half life of an ozone molecule out in the wild is about a day and some studies find that it is as little as 30 minutes.

Fine. I stand corrected. You crank theory states that the ozone layer disappears _shortly after_ the sun sets, as opposed to _instantly_ after the sun sets. It's still a stupid and delusional crank theory, because the ozone doesn't disappear overnight. Come morning, most of it is still there.

I encourage you to keep talking hairball...

Pisschugger, how do you explain the inconvenient fact that the ozone layer does not disappear overnight? You're spouting even stinkier shit than usual out of your piehole.

Use your brain just a bit hairball...If incoming UV from the sun is required to maintain the ozone in the upper atmosphere...and the half life of an ozone molecule in ideal conditions at room temperature is a day, what do you think is happening to the ozone layer when the sun sets? Even if we give it a half life of 8 hours vs the 30 minutes or so that the Goddard space center said, how much ozone will be left when the earth spins back into the oncoming UV....use your brain if you can...I don't expect that you can, but do try...maybe you can find an adult to help you out...or maybe even a moderately bright child could help you figure this one out. Children generally have pretty good critical thinking skills till the modern education system breaks that sort of thinking down so they can keep up their steady output of compliant little drones.

A question for those of you suggesting that CFCs are not responsible for decreasing ozone levels in the stratosphere: Do you believe that chlorine and bromine do NOT catalyze the O3 > O + O2 reaction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back