The "OZONE HOLE" scam was the pre-curser to the Global Warmists movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q: What do you call someone who uses this as an argument: "due to the geo-engineering that has been going on in earnest since at least 1997. Using aerosol spraying in conjunction with ionospheric heaters, they have been creating weird weather anomalies that they then blame on "climate change" because they had to stop using "global warming" because it didn't fit the narrative"

A: Whack-job

But yet? It's happening....you can keep screaming "It's your fucking car that is killing Mother Gaia!!!! to the hills and back but you are just pissing into a rather strong breeze. Owning the weather and using it as a force multiplier for full spectrum dominance has always been something that the military industrial complex has coveted.

Q: What do you call someone who uses this as an argument: "due to the geo-engineering that has been going on in earnest since at least 1997. Using aerosol spraying in conjunction with ionospheric heaters, they have been creating weird weather anomalies that they then blame on "climate change" because they had to stop using "global warming" because it didn't fit the narrative"

A: Whack-job

But yet? It's happening....you can keep screaming "It's your fucking car that is killing Mother Gaia!!!! to the hills and back but you are just pissing into a rather strong breeze. Owning the weather and using it as a force multiplier for full spectrum dominance has always been something that the military industrial complex has coveted.

Regardless of what the skidmark says, he is glad that you stopped in to talk...it gives him an opportunity to avoid facing the fact that he had his ass handed to him on the topic of ozone.

The ban on those nasty CFCs back in the 80s which closed "The Hole in the Ozone" (queue woman screaming) was a bunch of Liberal Hooey. But the success of the Ozone scam gave birth the Warmer movement and many of the same scientists that pushed the Ozone scare are the same ones pushing human caused climate change. Don't believe them, they have a reason why they use "science" to push scams just like they did with the Ozone Hole and CFCs.

Are you some kind of a retard.

The thing was, that because we banned CFC, the damage done to the Ozone layer was reversed. Ozone is created through a natural process of sunlight converting normal oxygen (O2) into Ozone (O3). The reason why it is thinner at the poles is that those areas get less sunlight for a large portion of the year.

So we banned CFC's, and the problem as solved...

You know, wow, we put aside greed and fixed a problem. This is what horrifies the right. They think all problems can be fixed with greed and Jesus.

images

This global/climate change is all b.s. This was a plan thought up by the think tank group that wrote the Iron Mountain Report back in the mid to late 60's. The Club Of Rome, an offshoot of the U.N was created and commissioned by the Committee of 300 to start pushing what the architects of the Iron Mountain Report

Oh, is that what it is?

So when I see that the climate here in Chicago, where we used to have really cold winters and now some winters, we are lucky if we see snow at all... this is all a conspiracy by the shadowy club of Rome or whoever you see when the medications aren't working.

The ban on those nasty CFCs back in the 80s which closed "The Hole in the Ozone" (queue woman screaming) was a bunch of Liberal Hooey. But the success of the Ozone scam gave birth the Warmer movement and many of the same scientists that pushed the Ozone scare are the same ones pushing human caused climate change. Don't believe them, they have a reason why they use "science" to push scams just like they did with the Ozone Hole and CFCs.

Are you some kind of a retard.

The thing was, that because we banned CFC, the damage done to the Ozone layer was reversed. Ozone is created through a natural process of sunlight converting normal oxygen (O2) into Ozone (O3). The reason why it is thinner at the poles is that those areas get less sunlight for a large portion of the year.

So we banned CFC's, and the problem as solved...

You know, wow, we put aside greed and fixed a problem. This is what horrifies the right. They think all problems can be fixed with greed and Jesus.

The ozone hole is not, and was not fixed...it never was a man made issue. While it is true that CFC's can break an ozone molecule, CFC's at the time the montreal protocols were instituted existed in the stratosphere at a concentration of a touch over 3 parts per BILLION....that according to the graph provided above...CFC's aren't the only thing ozone reacts with...ozone readily reacts with nitrogen which exists in the stratosphere at about 780,000 parts per million...now tell me, which is likely to break more ozone molecules, CFC's at 3 parts per BILLION or nitrogen at 780,000 parts per MILLION.

Like you noted, the hole exists because there is less UV entering the stratosphere at the poles during their winters..we can not fix it unless we can figure out how to flood the polar skys with UV during their winters.

The ozone hole is not, and was not fixed...it never was a man made issue. While it is true that CFC's can break an ozone molecule, CFC's at the time the montreal protocols were instituted existed in the stratosphere at a concentration of a touch over 3 parts per BILLION....that according to the graph provided above...CFC's aren't the only thing ozone reacts with...ozone readily reacts with nitrogen which exists in the stratosphere at about 780,000 parts per million...now tell me, which is likely to break more ozone molecules, CFC's at 3 parts per BILLION or nitrogen at 780,000 parts per MILLION.

AGAIN, I'll take the word of scientists over someone who listens to hate radio all day, thanks.

images

This global/climate change is all b.s. This was a plan thought up by the think tank group that wrote the Iron Mountain Report back in the mid to late 60's. The Club Of Rome, an offshoot of the U.N was created and commissioned by the Committee of 300 to start pushing what the architects of the Iron Mountain Report

Oh, is that what it is?

So when I see that the climate here in Chicago, where we used to have really cold winters and now some winters, we are lucky if we see snow at all... this is all a conspiracy by the shadowy club of Rome or whoever you see when the medications aren't working.

It is always a losing proposition to rely on your own memory for climate information. It never fails that your short view of history will turn out to be dead wrong. Here, have a look at the snow fall history of chicago since 1884....your short view of the snowfall history of chicago is terribly flawed. The link below is for snowfall...if you bother to look up the temperature history of chicago, you will find that your anecdotal evidence of temperature is also quite wrong. The seasonal temperatures in the outlying areas around chicago don't show any appreciable warming at all...in the city, a heat island effect is working due to concrete, traffic, etc. It is a local effect however, and not to be confused with global anything.

Chicago, IL Seasonal Snowfall Amounts from 1884 to present!

It is always a losing proposition to rely on your own memory for climate information. It never fails that your short view of history will turn out to be dead wrong. Here, have a look at the snow fall history of chicago since 1884....your short view of the snowfall history of chicago is terribly flawed.

again, going to believe my own eyes rather than some twit who listens to Hate Radio all day.

AGAIN, I'll take the word of scientists over someone who listens to hate radio all day, thanks.

Not a student of history huh? Do some reading sometime. Historically speaking, with no scientific education whatsoever, you stand a better than even chance of being right if you choose the opposite side of a scientific arguement than that supported by the consensus in any relatively new field of science...climate science being one where the surface has barely been scratched.

And I don't listen to radio at all...so your tendency to assign some political whatever to people based on what they say to you is as wrong as your perception of that the climate has always been like in chicago. I can back up my position on the ozone hole, and in fact, did above. Feel free to read and perhaps, just perhaps, apply just a bit of critical thinking if you possess any of that skill at all and learn something...

It is always a losing proposition to rely on your own memory for climate information. It never fails that your short view of history will turn out to be dead wrong. Here, have a look at the snow fall history of chicago since 1884....your short view of the snowfall history of chicago is terribly flawed.

again, going to believe my own eyes rather than some twit who listens to Hate Radio all day.

Again...I don't listen to any radio...and how smart is it to go with your very short view of history vs long records that show clearly that you are wrong? And you guys call us skeptics deniers...you won't even accept recorded facts if they challenge your beliefs.

Guess you don't realize that your entire position, and defense of that position has thus far been nothing but logical fallacy? Do you have any critical thinking skills at all?

3. The "hole's" in the ozone are larger during the winter months....this is because O3 production is reduced because there is less UV entering the stratosphere over the poles during the winter.
And you said less sun hit Antarctica in its winter than hit the Arctic in its winter. How can it get more hilarious as an explanation to the larger ozone 'hole' over Antarctica?

By the way...not that someone like you would ever research, but the whole ozone hole scam was the result of greed...dupont had a very expensive, less effective refrigerant that they couldn't sell...so they hijacked the environmental movement, bought some politicians and got freon banned so they could make billions on their freon "replacement".

It is somewhat funny that people like you think replacing a perfectly good, inexpensive refrigerant with an inferior, more expensive refrigerant was about the greed of the manufacturer of the refrigerant that got replaced...laughable..and again, shows a complete absence of critical thinking skills.

Not a student of history huh? Do some reading sometime. Historically speaking, with no scientific education whatsoever, you stand a better than even chance of being right if you choose the opposite side of a scientific arguement than that supported by the consensus in any relatively new field of science...climate science being one where the surface has barely been scratched.

Look, buddy, I know that the Koch brothers spend a lot of money getting you to ignore science and stuff, but again, I really don't have time to waste with you luddites.

3. The "hole's" in the ozone are larger during the winter months....this is because O3 production is reduced because there is less UV entering the stratosphere over the poles during the winter.
And you said less sun hit Antarctica in its winter than hit the Arctic in its winter. How can it get more hilarious as an explanation to the larger ozone 'hole' over Antarctica?

That is one factor...then there is the fact that ground level in antarctica is far higher there than in the arctic...there are multiple reasons but the fact is, the holes appear in the winters because there is less sunlight. You guys have the strangest notions about ozone. Look above, at the post with all the blue...and learn something about ozone...

Look, buddy, I know that the Koch brothers spend a lot of money getting you to ignore science and stuff, but again, I really don't have time to waste with you luddites.

Actually, my position is based on science...I have provided plenty of it through the course of this thread to support my position...you on the other hand clearly have no informed opinion on the topic but instead, simply spew an opinion given to you by someone with a political agenda...

And you clearly don't have any time to waste learning about the nature of ozone, its formation, and what breaks it down.

Right here.
The "holes" vary in size from summer to winter over each pole with them being larger during each respective winter...and the "hole" is always larger over the south pole because it receives less solar energy than the north due to the tilt of the earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back