The Outpost (Netflix)

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
You will not regret watching this true life movie about a battle at Combat Outpost Keating in Afghanistan in 2009.

One of the most basic rules of warfare is that you need to have the high ground. When I saw the position of this outpost, I felt an immediate sense of dread just as the soldiers who arrived there did. I also felt angry at the dumb motherfuckers who put those men in that position.

These soldiers knew it was just a matter of time before all hell rained down on them. When the battle comes, it is brutal.

This unit earned the most medals of any unit in Afghanistan as a result of this battle, including two Medals of Honor, and several Silver Stars, Bronze Stars and commendations for valor.

Four veterans of the battle advised the director and the actors of exactly how the battle went. And one of the vets plays himself in the movie. SPC Daniel Rodriguez.

Clint Eastwood's son, Scott Eastwood, stars in this movie. He looks and sounds a lot like his dad.

Watch this movie to the very end. There are clips of interviews with some of the vets, along with photos of the soldiers who were KIA.

An actual photo of Camp Keating:

Keating-US-Army-1536x1154.jpg

President-Barack-Obama-delivers-remarks-and-awards-Staff-Sergeant-Clinton-Romesha-the-Medal-of-Honor.jpg

Ty-Carter-Obama-Medal20130826-1536x1022.jpg

Great movie.

The book, although written by that commie dickhead Jake Tapper, is also very good.

Great movie.

The book, although written by that commie dickhead Jake Tapper, is also very good.
There are clips of Tapper interviewing some of the vets during the end credits.

ROMESHA: Finished up the belt and scurried on back. I called Gallegos and told him (catches breath) and told him I was sorry.

TAPPER: But, Clint, you're one guy with no ammunition facing 400 Taliban, all of whom have the high ground.

ROMESHA: (shrugs) You could always try, though.

Dude got a Medal of Honor.

Forum List

Back