The other woman: New information comes out about Martin Luther King Jr.'s paramour

More and more it's looking like MLK wasn't the saint everyone has always painted him to be.

By The Conversation | Posted June 29, 2019 at 06:15 AM

In a recent article published in Standpoint Magazine, Pulitzer Prize-winning Martin Luther King Jr. biographer David Garrow details new information about King he discovered in FBI documents. The most damaging is that King may have witnessed – and encouraged – a sexual assault at a Washington, D.C. hotel in January 1964.

Some historians have cautioned against taking too much stock of Garrow’s findings; the FBI, after all, has a well-known track record of trying to undermine the beloved civil rights leader.

But in the ensuing controversy, one aspect of Garrow’s explosive, 7,800-word article has gone largely overlooked.

Garrow publishes content from FBI files noting that a woman named Dorothy Cotton was King’s “constant paramour.” He also details FBI wiretaps from 1964 noting that King’s wife, Coretta, “berated” him “for not spending enough time alone with her.” At the time of the phone call, according to the FBI files, King was with Dorothy at a hideaway apartment in Atlanta. Garrow, at one point in his piece, calls Cotton “the most important woman in King’s life.”

The other woman: New information comes out about Martin Luther King Jr.'s paramour

Interesting, all this muckraking dedication to rumors about a guy who died half a century ago, while Kristin Anderson, Lisa Boyne, E. Jean Carroll, Rachel Crook, Jessica Drake, Jill Harth, Cathy Heller, Alva Johnson, Juliet Huddy, Ninni Laaksonen, Jessica Leeds, Temple Taggart McDowell, Mindy McGillivray, Jennifer Murphy, Cassandra Searles, Natasha Stoynoff, Ivana Trump, Karena Virginia and Summer Zervos are all independently just "lying".

Innit.

Partisan hacks. Such cat toys.

A woman just accused Trump of rape last week and folks like this Dick Head OP label her a lying bitch, but he will go after a man who altered the history of America who has been dead for 50yrs. It's a fucking disgrace.

You should be mad at your own Lefty Brothers, Brutha. They are the ones who specialize in digging up old dirt and trying to make it relevant. Based on that same standard you have only yourselves to blame if ghosts from the past that happen to be true pop up and smear reputations that are important to you.

What would Christine Blasey Ford say about Dr. King's treatment of women?

Jo

The same folks who hated Dr. King when he was alive are the same dick heads who hate him today and try to do anything they can to tarnish his image. Dr. King has a federal holiday in his name, you assholes should think about that the next King Holiday you are enjoying when your off from work.

It just tickles me to no end that in between those two periods they desperately tried to claim him as a "Republican". That claim is now an unclaim that never happened, down the memory hole, or something.

More hypocrisy.

But hey, next week, give 'em forty acres and they'll turn that rig around again.

More and more it's looking like MLK wasn't the saint everyone has always painted him to be.

By The Conversation | Posted June 29, 2019 at 06:15 AM

In a recent article published in Standpoint Magazine, Pulitzer Prize-winning Martin Luther King Jr. biographer David Garrow details new information about King he discovered in FBI documents. The most damaging is that King may have witnessed – and encouraged – a sexual assault at a Washington, D.C. hotel in January 1964.

Some historians have cautioned against taking too much stock of Garrow’s findings; the FBI, after all, has a well-known track record of trying to undermine the beloved civil rights leader.

But in the ensuing controversy, one aspect of Garrow’s explosive, 7,800-word article has gone largely overlooked.

Garrow publishes content from FBI files noting that a woman named Dorothy Cotton was King’s “constant paramour.” He also details FBI wiretaps from 1964 noting that King’s wife, Coretta, “berated” him “for not spending enough time alone with her.” At the time of the phone call, according to the FBI files, King was with Dorothy at a hideaway apartment in Atlanta. Garrow, at one point in his piece, calls Cotton “the most important woman in King’s life.”

Interesting, all this muckraking dedication to rumors about a guy who died half a century ago, while Kristin Anderson, Lisa Boyne, E. Jean Carroll, Rachel Crook, Jessica Drake, Jill Harth, Cathy Heller, Alva Johnson, Juliet Huddy, Ninni Laaksonen, Jessica Leeds, Temple Taggart McDowell, Mindy McGillivray, Jennifer Murphy, Cassandra Searles, Natasha Stoynoff, Ivana Trump, Karena Virginia and Summer Zervos are all independently just "lying".

Innit.

Partisan hacks. Such cat toys.

A woman just accused Trump of rape last week and folks like this Dick Head OP label her a lying bitch, but he will go after a man who altered the history of America who has been dead for 50yrs. It's a fucking disgrace.

You should be mad at your own Lefty Brothers, Brutha. They are the ones who specialize in digging up old dirt and trying to make it relevant. Based on that same standard you have only yourselves to blame if ghosts from the past that happen to be true pop up and smear reputations that are important to you.

What would Christine Blasey Ford say about Dr. King's treatment of women?

Jo

The same folks who hated Dr. King when he was alive are the same dick heads who hate him today and try to do anything they can to tarnish his image. Dr. King has a federal holiday in his name, you assholes should think about that the next King Holiday you are enjoying when your off from work.

Why do you see it as a tarnish? If what this biography says is true Dorothy Cotton May well have been Martin Luther King's Chief inspiration.

Jo

Whelp, whoever she is, she seems to have suddenly acquired a last name beginning with an uppercase letter, so I guess congratulations are in order.

What the rest of that post is about, and why it looks so unfamiliar to you, is American history. You're obviously oblivious to it, yet you went out on the limb of "never more alive than today" and that limb snapped like a twig, because you don't bother to do your homework.

Boy, and I do call you Boy with a capital B.
if the entire substance of your objection rests on the single grammatical error of capitalization you are indeed a shallow as your skin color and have no business talking about content of anyone's character.

The subject has defeated you utterly to the point where you grasp at straws and ankle bite.

Your chains are showing.....Boy.

Jo

For the Illiterati ---- the substance there consists of "forty acres and a mule" and its relation to "1868" --- which I notice you're bending over backward to avoid. Judging by your last post alone that's because you're either too stupid to deal with it, or willing to appear that way on the internet.

I'm not, so we am done.

I learned long ago to avoid non sequit
If you want to talk about 40 acres and a mule fine. Your clumsy attempt to leverage it into the conversation as some contradiction to the statement that I made about the length of social memory is just that.... Clumsy.

Jo

I already did, JerkOff, and I did that specifically because your own ignorance brought it up. DUH??

ROLL TAPE.

1968 looks and feels like a long time ago.
But then again so does 1868... And yet the subject of reparations was never more alive than it is today.

shoot-foot.gif

Keep rattling those chains son. The worst kind of chain is the one that enslaves the mind. There is no key for that lock.

Better yet start a go fund me page to have the biographer assassinated.

Jo

You got BUSTED for your foot-in-mouth ignorance, JerkOff, and you can't deal with it. Hence yet another non sequitur.

Wimp. :gay:

Boy, and I do call you Boy with a capital B.
if the entire substance of your objection rests on the single grammatical error of capitalization you are indeed a shallow as your skin color and have no business talking about content of anyone's character.

The subject has defeated you utterly to the point where you grasp at straws and ankle bite.

Your chains are showing.....Boy.

Jo

For the Illiterati ---- the substance there consists of "forty acres and a mule" and its relation to "1868" --- which I notice you're bending over backward to avoid. Judging by your last post alone that's because you're either too stupid to deal with it, or willing to appear that way on the internet.

I'm not, so we am done.

If you want to talk about 40 acres and a mule fine. Your clumsy attempt to leverage it into the conversation as some contradiction to the statement that I made about the length of social memory is just that.... Clumsy.

Jo

I already did, JerkOff, and I did that specifically because your own ignorance brought it up. DUH??

ROLL TAPE.

But then again so does 1868... And yet the subject of reparations was never more alive than it is today.

shoot-foot.gif

Keep rattling those chains son. The worst kind of chain is the one that enslaves the mind. There is no key for that lock.

Jo

You got BUSTED for your foot-in-mouth ignorance, JerkOff, and you can't deal with it. Hence yet another non sequitur.

Nonsense. I thoroughly wiped my ass with you in this thread. In my opinion you are simply angry that this threat even exists.
Why not ask the moderators to erase it?
In the meantime make sure to spell Cotton with a capital C dude.

Or you could pretend that she never existed.

Jo

Who gives a shit? The current president* is a rapist.

Well then he should be one of your heroes.

It seems like that's a prerequisite for a lefty icon.

Quickly now get those me too's to sign NDA's before they start talking.

Jo
But he’s your hero, not mine.

Why do you support a rapist?

I support the same standard across the board. I simply question why you have a double standard.

Jo

Really the guy is dead and the only think left is his accomplishments. I can only imagine what Trump will be remembered for.

The number of woman accusers

Buying a beauty pageant and felt the need to can walk into the ladies dressing room because he owns it.

or I like to grab it cause I'm rich

I'm not, so we am done.

Jo

ROLL TAPE.

shoot-foot.gif

Jo

Nonsense. I thoroughly wiped my ass with you in this thread. In my opinion you are simply angry that this threat even exists.

Jo

Far as I'm concerned, she doesn't.

That's because I don't think what other people are doing with THEIR sex lives is any of my business ---- let alone what dead people from 50 years ago were doing with theirs.

The OP though, seems to be into that sort of thing. Yet he can't answer why he's not in hot pursuit of present somebody-else's-sex-life events. Notice he always runs away from that question.

As far as the 1868 and "never more than today" faux pas, next time do some fucking homework before you jam your foot in your mouth, and then maybe you won't get busted for it and then have to spend the rest of the day engaged in Peewee Hermanesque "I DID NOT" warbling.

Really the guy is dead and the only think left is his accomplishments. I can only imagine what Trump will be remembered for.

Buying a beauty pageant and felt the need to can walk into the ladies dressing room because he owns it.

Yabbut Rump has Tic Tacs. MLK didn't.

Obviouy history has two viewpoints of a person. Columbus will always be remembered as a great explorer. In their passion for social justice left-wing activists have uncovered the seamier side of Columbus' history. Now they want to eliminate him from the history books, year down all the statues across the country that bear his resemblance and take Columbus day off of the calendar. So if those details about a person's life are not important why are they suddenly important for Christopher Columbus who has been dead far longer than Martin Luther King?

On the flip side what if Dorothy Cotton was actually more important to the civil Rights movement than Martin Luther King was and her memory is simply being suppressed in favor of male supremacy?

The biographer seems to think that Dorothy was MLK's Chief inspiration. Why are we afraid to explore that?

Oh wait I know you've already made those waters poisonous and keep forgetting that you too have to swim in them.

Jo

Jo

ROLL TAPE.

shoot-foot.gif

Jo

Jo

That's because I don't think what other people are doing with THEIR sex lives is any of my business ---- let alone what dead people from 50 years ago were doing with theirs.

The OP though, seems to be into that sort of thing. Yet he can't answer why he's not in hot pursuit of present somebody-else's-sex-life events. Notice he always runs away from that question.

As far as the 1868 and "never more than today" faux pas, next time do some fucking homework before you jam your foot in your mouth, and then maybe you won't get busted for it and then have to spend the rest of the day engaged in Peewee Hermanesque "I DID NOT" warbling.

So you wish to suppress the memory of one of Martin Luther King's Chief Civil Rights activists who worked hand-in-hand with him (and apparently bed to bed) over the course of his entire ministry.

How very close-minded and obtuse of you.

How very revealing that you don't even know who she is.

Jo

what Columbus did is already in the books and will not be changed because of a bandwagon

Its a biography don't jump on the band wagon MLK is known for what he did, if a biography makes a difference then the bandwagon will get crowded.

Still why not talk about the living and that bandwagon. Trump will always be the listed as a president but the biography will be hilarious.

ROLL TAPE.

shoot-foot.gif

Jo

Jo

So you wish to suppress the memory of one of Martin Luther King's Chief Civil Rights activists who worked hand-in-hand with him (and apparently bed to bed) over the course of his entire ministry.

How very close-minded and obtuse of you.

How very revealing that you don't even know who she is.

Jo

Once AGAIN -- she's none of my business.

Obviouy history has two viewpoints of a person. Columbus will always be remembered as a great explorer. In their passion for social justice left-wing activists have uncovered the seamier side of Columbus' history. Now they want to eliminate him from the history books, year down all the statues across the country that bear his resemblance and take Columbus day off of the calendar. So if those details about a person's life are not important why are they suddenly important for Christopher Columbus who has been dead far longer than Martin Luther King?

On the flip side what if Dorothy Cotton was actually more important to the civil Rights movement than Martin Luther King was and her memory is simply being suppressed in favor of male supremacy?

The biographer seems to think that Dorothy was MLK's Chief inspiration. Why are we afraid to explore that?

Oh wait I know you've already made those waters poisonous and keep forgetting that you too have to swim in them.

Jo

I'm uh pretty sure Martin Luther King Jr didn't send Indians out demanding they find gold in a land where there wasn't any, and then cut off their hands when they came back emptyhanded. I'm also pretty sure he didn't send natives back to Alabama as "specimens".

Go ahead, prove me wrong.

what Columbus did is already in the books and will not be changed because of a bandwagon

Its a biography don't jump on the band wagon MLK is known for what he did, if a biography makes a difference then the bandwagon will get crowded.

Still why not talk about the living and that bandwagon. Trump will always be the listed as a president but the biography will be hilarious.

Huh?

There is no shortage of information about Dorothy Cotton. There may however be some purposeful suppression of that information.

It's all history dude. The problem is the double standard. Nobody cares until somebody does.

Jo

Huh?

There is no shortage of information about Dorothy Cotton. There may however be some purposeful suppression of that information.

It's all history dude. The problem is the double standard. Nobody cares until somebody does.

Jo

And it's interesting that there are those of you determined to go sniffing around in people's bedrooms. And when I say "interesting" I mean in the sense of psychological study.

Jo

I'm uh pretty sure Martin Luther King Jr didn't send Indians out demanding they find gold in a land where there wasn't any, and then cut off their hands when they came back emptyhanded. I'm also pretty sure he didn't send natives back to Alabama as "specimens".

Go ahead, prove me wrong.

Oh dear now we're into the levels of wrongdoing and assigning points for how hideous the wrongdoing was.

There is no shortage of information about Dorothy Cotton.

If she was Martin Luther King's Chief inspiration it is both wrong and unfair to keep that a secret from the world.

Jo

Huh?

Jo

And it's interesting that there are those of you determined to go sniffing around in people's bedrooms. And when I say "interesting" I mean in the sense of psychological study.

Are you saying that nobody has any business in the bedroom of a well known person?

And who the hell are you to reduce Dorothy Cotton to something as trivial as a bedroom detail in Martin Luther King's life?

She was a person not a fuck dummy.

See these are the mistakes you guys always make when you try to hide behind the
Shield of moral relativity.

Jo

Huh?

Jo

Are you saying that nobody has any business in the bedroom of a well known person?

Jo
BRAVO MADGE. Good ol' stopped clock, eventually it's on da money.

Forum List

Back