The ongoing effects of the 2010 BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
The Obama administration gave the 'green'(pun intended) light to dump millions of gallons of dispersants to sink the oil instead of containing it , making an already
bad thing much worse.
Since the 2010 BP oil spill, marine scientists at the University of South Florida (USF) have sampled more than 2,500 individual fish representing 91 species from 359 locations across the Gulf of Mexico and found evidence of oil exposure in all of them, including some of the most popular types of seafood. The highest levels were detected in yellowfin tuna, golden tilefish and red drum.

The study, just published in “Nature Scientific Reports,” represents the first comprehensive, Gulf-wide survey of oil pollution launched in response to the Deepwater Horizon spill. It was funded by a nearly $37 million grant from the independent Gulf of Mexico Research Initiative (GoMRI) to establish the Center for Integrated Modeling and Analysis of Gulf Ecosystems (C-IMAGE), an international consortium of professors, post-doctoral scholars and students from 19 collaborating institutions.

Over the last decade, USF scientists conducted a dozen research expeditions to locations off the United States, Mexico and Cuba examining levels of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), the most toxic chemical component of crude oil, in the bile of the fish. Bile is produced by the liver to aid in digestion, but it also acts as storage for waste products.
(Continued )

Jesus takes care of the earth. Pray for him to remove the oil so he can save his fish.

Blame British Petroleum, not Obama. They cut corners on safety... Opting for speed.

Blame British Petroleum, not Obama. They cut corners on safety... Opting for speed.

Halliburton is the main culprit here ... and the protection this corporation gets from Dick Cheney's friends ... these Rich People all protect each other no matter the political party ...

Do they say how they determined the "PAH"'s came from Deepwater Horizon ... instead on the many many natural seeps in the Gulf ... I really really hate saying this, but I'm afraind Rush Limbaugh is right, the oceans will clean themselves ...

To wit:
Those coastal areas along Prince William Sound that were mechanically cleaned after the Exxon Valdez broke apart are still in deep distress ... whereas the coasts that were just given fertilizers are now about as clean as can be ...

Right ... I did say fertilizers ... crude oil has been seeping into the oceans since forever ago ... there's bacteria that has evolved to eat the stuff ... all the microbes need is extra organic nitrogen ... i.e. fertilizer ... and presto, it eats up all the spilled oil ... nature-like the way hippies want it to be ...

Halliburton is the main culprit here ... and the protection this corporation gets from Dick Cheney's friends ... these Rich People all protect each other no matter the political party ...

Do they say how they determined the "PAH"'s came from Deepwater Horizon ... instead on the many many natural seeps in the Gulf ... I really really hate saying this, but I'm afraind Rush Limbaugh is right, the oceans will clean themselves ...

To wit:
Those coastal areas along Prince William Sound that were mechanically cleaned after the Exxon Valdez broke apart are still in deep distress ... whereas the coasts that were just given fertilizers are now about as clean as can be ...

Right ... I did say fertilizers ... crude oil has been seeping into the oceans since forever ago ... there's bacteria that has evolved to eat the stuff ... all the microbes need is extra organic nitrogen ... i.e. fertilizer ... and presto, it eats up all the spilled oil ... nature-like the way hippies want it to be ...

Halliburton had nothing to do with it. My youngest brother was hired to do a safety audit. BP was to blame.

Rush Limbaugh was a complete idiot.

Halliburton had nothing to do with it. My youngest brother was hired to do a safety audit. BP was to blame.

Rush Limbaugh was a complete idiot.

Who held the contract? ... I understand BP owned the operation ... but were each and every individual person there a BP employee? ... or does BP and the like contract out certain oil rig services? ...

I honestly don't know and just repeating what I've heard ...

Ask your brother why Halliburton pleaded guilty to felony charges associated with the Deepwater Horizon spill? ... yeesh ...

Who held the contract? ... I understand BP owned the operation ... but were each and every individual person there a BP employee? ... or does BP and the like contract out certain oil rig services? ...

I honestly don't know and just repeating what I've heard ...

Ask your brother why Halliburton pleaded guilty to felony charges associated with the Deepwater Horizon spill? ... yeesh ...

Halliburton covered for BP after the fact. BP didn't follow Halliburton's instructions before the blowout.

BP farmed out the safety checks to different companies that didn't communicate with each other, nor was there ever any central accounting. It was by design to put speed over safety.

BP has been a shit company since the late 1950s. They have zero core values.

Forum List

Back