The one big government idea I might support

Powerman

Jul 23, 2005
Of course the worthless cocksuckers in goverment didn't come up with it. I did.

I was thinking the other day about all the stupid big government nanny laws that we have and how meaningless they all seem to be. Smoking bans in restaurants being the main example. Whether or not you care for that idea (I hate it) I'd like you to think of another more reasonable idea.

Put an end to drunk driving by doing the following : by the year 2008 every car must be equipped with a breathalizer to start the ignition. If you can't start the car you can't drive drunk. They already give these to repeat DUI offenders so it's not like it's anything remarkable.

And why not? We already have stupid things like emission standards that automobile manufacturers have to work around. Something like this wouldn't be a big deal at all. If you don't have the breathalizer your car won't pass inspection. Simple as that.

I'm not sure if I'm actually in favor of the idea or not because I'm usually in opposition to big government. But this is actually something that would protect you from other people and not yourself.

By doing this you could almost guarantee:

1. Substantial decrease in insurance premiums for everyone

2. Substantially decrease the amout of injuries and fatalities in motor vehicle accidents

3. Save tax payers money with less of this nonsense taking up space in court

What do you guys think?

Of course the worthless cocksuckers in goverment didn't come up with it. I did.

I was thinking the other day about all the stupid big government nanny laws that we have and how meaningless they all seem to be. Smoking bans in restaurants being the main example. Whether or not you care for that idea (I hate it) I'd like you to think of another more reasonable idea.

Put an end to drunk driving by doing the following : by the year 2008 every car must be equipped with a breathalizer to start the ignition. If you can't start the car you can't drive drunk. They already give these to repeat DUI offenders so it's not like it's anything remarkable.

And why not? We already have stupid things like emission standards that automobile manufacturers have to work around. Something like this wouldn't be a big deal at all. If you don't have the breathalizer your car won't pass inspection. Simple as that.

I'm not sure if I'm actually in favor of the idea or not because I'm usually in opposition to big government. But this is actually something that would protect you from other people and not yourself.

By doing this you could almost guarantee:

1. Substantial decrease in insurance premiums for everyone

2. Substantially decrease the amout of injuries and fatalities in motor vehicle accidents

3. Save tax payers money with less of this nonsense taking up space in court

What do you guys think?

blow up a balloon before you go drinking......put the balloon over the breath thingy....squeeze....car starts....nice try though

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
blow up a balloon before you go drinking......put the balloon over the breath thingy....squeeze....car starts....nice try though

I'm not so sure people would be that proactive in trying to cirumvent the breathalizer.

And I'm also not convinced that would actually work.

I think the best way to combat drunk driving, at least in cities and suburbs, would be to have a viable mass transit system. (Notice I didn't say public transportation.) If you want to get hammered, take the bus or train. The reason we don't have privately owned mass transit is because government regulations and subsidies make it unprofitable.

Forum List

Back