The Official 2014 Winter Olympics Thread

TheGreatGatsby

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2012
California
There doesn't seem to be one; not counting the random niche threads. So, I'll create a thread for comprehensive review of the 2014 Olympics at Sochi.

Except that russian dude in the ice skating. Is his name Pachenko? Anyway..he skates well but he sure has attitude. Not good attitude either. Snotty.

Is anybody watching this stuff? It's dull as dishwater and a total clusterfuck by the Russians.

Maybe, if we're lucky; Bob'll give us more of this gold (sarcasm):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOi7If0zW9s]NBC's Bob Costas on Gun Control following Jovan Belcher tragedy Sunday Night Half-Time Show Tribute - YouTube[/ame]

I'm looking forward to seeing if Shawn White can three-peat in the half-pipe. IMO, he got a little lucky last time. I don't know how good the competish is relative to him this time yet.

Fair enough. I erased my posts, then. Yes, the net news is r/t and the NBC TV coverage is on delay. You're better off discussing matters from the prior day or matters as they occur on television.

The Russian pairs skaters got the highest score in the history of the Olympics. They were definitely good... but I clearly have no understanding of skating because I thought the others were better :dunno:

The Russian and French judges are always corrupt in all sports. Though, they are especially notorious in figure skating. It was so bad that they had to redo the medals in SLC, I think.

The Russian pairs skaters got the highest score in the history of the Olympics. They were definitely good... but I clearly have no understanding of skating because I thought the others were better :dunno:

The Russian and French judges are always corrupt in all sports. Though, they are especially notorious in figure skating. It was so bad that they had to redo the medals in SLC, I think.

That Sean White run was awful. The guy can clearly reach a level entirely above the rest of the competition but he messed up. If this is his last event for this Olympics then I hope he can make it back for one last run at 31 in 4 years

That slope thingy was bad for Shaun White and everyone else. Did you see them trying to make it smoother? Hosing it down, adding salt. All the boards were skittering everywhere. But the guy that won did a great job.

The women's luge? omg. That is some scarey stuff! And we got a bronze!

NBC has the video rights to the Sochi Olympics, and it seems like without video the rest of the stations cannot provide any coverage of the games.

I think outside of NBC there is zero interest being generated for it.

Let me know how it goes, I am finding the Olympics, winter and summer less interesting every time they compete.

Not sure why, anyone else feel this way?

The US is doing piss poor this year. obama wanted to have some kind of gay Jesse Owens moment. Instead we get creamed.

Forum List

Back