The NRA vs "Me Too" Corporations

Dicks, Major Gun Retailer, Will Stop Selling Assault-Style Rifles
Source: New York Times

One of the nation’s largest sports retailers, Dick’s Sporting Goods, said Wednesday morning it was immediately ending sales of all assault-style rifles in its stores.

The retailer also said that it would no longer sell high-capacity magazines and that it would not sell any gun to anyone under 21 years of age, regardless of local laws.

The announcement, made two weeks after the school shooting in Parkland, Fla., that killed 17 students and staff members, is one of the strongest stances taken by corporate America in the national gun debate. It also carries symbolic weight, coming from a prominent national gunseller.

Late last week, after coming under attack on social media for their ties to the National Rifle Association, a number of major companies, including Hertz car rental, MetLife insurance and Delta Air Lines, publicly ended those relationships, issuing brief, carefully phrased statements.

Read more: Dick’s, Major Gun Retailer, Will Stop Selling Assault-Style Rifles

And what does that have to do with this?

Since there is no connection, in any way or degree, with the massacre at the Florida school......one begins to wonder why Democrats/Liberals would not acknowledge two simple changes that would, essentially, end mass shooting.

Outlaw Gun Free Zones

And….

Restrict the use of and the prescribing of psychotropic drugs.

Neither the NRA nor the AR-15 are the cause of such shootings

One of the nation’s largest sports retailers, Dick’s Sporting Goods, said Wednesday morning it was immediately ending sales of all assault-style rifles in its stores.

The retailer also said that it would no longer sell high-capacity magazines and that it would not sell any gun to anyone under 21 years of age, regardless of local laws.

The announcement, made two weeks after the school shooting in Parkland, Fla., that killed 17 students and staff members, is one of the strongest stances taken by corporate America in the national gun debate. It also carries symbolic weight, coming from a prominent national gunseller.

Late last week, after coming under attack on social media for their ties to the National Rifle Association, a number of major companies, including Hertz car rental, MetLife insurance and Delta Air Lines, publicly ended those relationships, issuing brief, carefully phrased statements.

The emoticon you proffered indicates that you have no answer.

Seems common among Leftists....it's the reason for the axiom "In the market place of ideas, the Right eats the Left's lunch.'

There's not a thing that the Delta upper management does that doesn't revolve around maximizing profits (and of course, their bonuses). And that's your idea of a leftist?

"There's not a thing that the Delta upper management does that doesn't revolve around maximizing profits..."

What a stupid observation.....clearly false.

How does falling in line and being politically correct, alienating potential customers, maximize profits????????
Read their statement. They don't want to politicize their business.

I asked this:
How does falling in line and being politically correct, alienating potential customers, maximize profits????????

You couldn't answer it.

I win, huh?

Glad to have educated you on the issue.
Maybe you should concentrate on one thread at a time. The truth is out there.

I asked this:

You couldn't answer it.

And, in this post, you insist on remaining a dunce.

It's a free country.
1. This has become a hot-button issue.
2. More people oppose the NRA on this issue than support them.
3. Delta wants to disconnect from this hot-button issue because it's potentially more damaging than helpful.

Maybe if you didn't take such a simpleminded view of the world, this might have been more obvious.

Although the NRA had not a thing to do with the horrible shooting of school children in Florida, a number of corporations have withdrawn their association with the NRA, no longer offering their discounts to NRA members.

As is so often the case with Liberal-associated decisions, there is no association with realty in these decisions.
In it, we see the usual collectivist actions of the Left.

The Left has boycotts, walk-outs, marches, organized riots, etc….while we on the Right are more individualistic, and so appear smaller in number. The Left has the sort of noise machine that the Right can’t match.

But the NRA sent out a letter that represents Americanism, that Leftists eschew.

This:

"FAIRFAX, VA – The more than five million law-abiding members of the National Rifle Association have enjoyed discounts and cost-saving programs from many American corporations that have partnered with the NRA to expand member benefits.

Since the tragedy in Parkland, Florida, a number of companies have decided to sever their relationshipwith the NRA, in an effort to punish our members who are doctors, farmers, law enforcement officers, fire fighters, nurses, shop owners and school teachers that live in every American community. We are men and women who represent every American ethnic group, every one of the world’s religions and every form of political commitment.

The law-abiding members of the NRA had nothing at all to do with the failure of that school’s security preparedness, the failure of America’s mental health system, the failure of the National Instant Check System or the cruel failures of both federal and local law enforcement.

Despite that, some corporations have decided to punish NRA membership in a shameful display of political and civic cowardice. In time, these brands will be replaced by others who recognize that patriotism and determined commitment to Constitutional freedoms are characteristics of a marketplace they very much want to serve.

Let it be absolutely clear. The loss of a discount will neither scare nor distract one single NRA member from our mission to stand and defend the individual freedoms that have always made America the greatest nation in the world."

That's a great big 'Amen'!

Mm, maybe all the NRA members will boycott those businesses.

From the NRA letter:

"Despite that, some corporations have decided to punish NRA membership in a shameful display of political and civic cowardice. In time, these brands will be replaced by others who recognize that patriotism and determined commitment to Constitutional freedoms are characteristics of a marketplace they very much want to serve."
I can't wait to see who steps up.

Since there is no connection, in any way or degree, with the massacre at the Florida school......one begins to wonder why Democrats/Liberals would not acknowledge two simple changes that would, essentially, end mass shooting.

Outlaw Gun Free Zones

And….

The Florida shooter bought a gun at Dick's. There is a connection.

"There's not a thing that the Delta upper management does that doesn't revolve around maximizing profits..."

What a stupid observation.....clearly false.

Read their statement. They don't want to politicize their business.

I asked this:

You couldn't answer it.

I win, huh?

Glad to have educated you on the issue.
Maybe you should concentrate on one thread at a time. The truth is out there.

I asked this:

You couldn't answer it.

And, in this post, you insist on remaining a dunce.

It's a free country.
1. This has become a hot-button issue.
2. More people oppose the NRA on this issue than support them.
3. Delta wants to disconnect from this hot-button issue because it's potentially more damaging than helpful.

Maybe if you didn't take such a simpleminded view of the world, this might have been more obvious.

You made the error of posting this inanity...

"There's not a thing that Delta upper management does that doesn't revolve around maximizing profits."

I asked this:

Of course, you were unable to respond to this in a cogent fashion.

Isn't it time for you to admit that your statement was a simple-minded knee-jerk attempt to make nice with the Liberal mob, and retract your clearly stupid statement, one that I was able - with one hand tied behind my back- to incinerate?

Prove you still have some character by admitting your mistake.

I'm never wrong.
I would guess that you took a circa 1980's self-esteem class. You know, that ones that suggested that attendees should create a persona of ridiculously pumped up ego as a mask for insecurity. It followed the assertion that 'as you think so shall you become'.

Not working.

Here is the canned response I received from Enterprise

-Geaux

--

In order to better serve you, we have sent this feedback to the corporate office that oversees this location. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to give them a call. Thank you for choosing Enterprise, we appreciate your business!

Response: Sharon - 02/23/2018 01:57 PM

Dear Mr. xxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting Enterprise holdings. My name is Sharon and I will be happy to help you today.

Enterprise Holdings doesn’t sponsor, endorse or take a political stance with any organization. We regularly review our discount offers and decide which ones continue to make sense for our business.

Your reference number for this incident is: xxxxx-xxxxx

Sincerely,

Sharon

Enterprise holdings customer care

Customer: xxxxx xxxxxx - 02/23/2018 09:13 AM

I am notifying you today that as a result of your decision to cancel discounts for NRA members, I will no longer be an Enterprise Customer in the future.

xxx

Outlaw Gun Free Zones

And….

One would hope that you had a modicum of synaptic connection.

Let's remediate your view:

No matter the type of gun, nor the source.....it will never be the solution to mass shootings.

Many nations with far stricter regulations have comparable and worse massacres.

Outlaw Gun Free Zones

And….

Neither the NRA nor the AR-15 are the cause of such shootings.

All the talk about guns is to give simpletons....you.....their marching orders: end the second amendment.

I'm never wrong.
I would guess that you took a circa 1980's self-esteem class. You know, that ones that suggested that attendees should create a persona of ridiculously pumped up ego as a mask for insecurity. It followed the assertion that 'as you think so shall you become'.

Not working.

I never needed any such 'course.'

Folks like you prove that I am never wrong.

Thanks so much.

If you ever develop the courage.....deal with the issue:
I asked this:
"There's not a thing that Delta upper management does that doesn't revolve around maximizing profits."

Of course, you were unable to respond to this in a cogent fashion, as your statement was counter-intuitive on its face.

Outlaw Gun Free Zones

And….

No matter the type of gun, nor the source.....it will never be the solution to mass shootings.

Outlaw Gun Free Zones

And….

All the talk about guns is to give simpletons....you.....their marching orders: end the second amendment.

Except Dick's would now no longer sell a high school student an AR15 style weapon. That is the connection, well, along with the fact that they actually did sell the Parkland shooter a weapon.

-Geaux

--

In order to better serve you, we have sent this feedback to the corporate office that oversees this location. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to give them a call. Thank you for choosing Enterprise, we appreciate your business!

Dear Mr. xxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting Enterprise holdings. My name is Sharon and I will be happy to help you today.

Enterprise Holdings doesn’t sponsor, endorse or take a political stance with any organization. We regularly review our discount offers and decide which ones continue to make sense for our business.

Sincerely,

Sharon

I am notifying you today that as a result of your decision to cancel discounts for NRA members, I will no longer be an Enterprise Customer in the future.

xxx

I applaud your superb handling of the situation.

It appears many who are not held sway by fear of Leftist retribution, have done the same.

Very American of you.

-Geaux

--

Dear Mr. xxxxxx,

Sincerely,

Sharon

xxx

It appears many who are not held sway by fear of Leftist retribution, have done the same.

Very American of you.

Fear of Enterprise Rent-a-car's retribution? :21:

How brave.

I'm never wrong.

Not working.

Thanks so much.

I asked this:

Of course, you were unable to respond to this in a cogent fashion, as your statement was counter-intuitive on its face.
I've answered your question and anyone with a brain can see that. I suspect that you just want to bump your own thread.

Outlaw Gun Free Zones

And….

Outlaw Gun Free Zones

And….

Except Dick's would now no longer sell a high school student an AR15 style weapon. That is the connection, well, along with the fact that they actually did sell the Parkland shooter a weapon.

Are you suggesting that that is the end of school shootings and mass murder?

No?

Then, it is simply the sort of feel-good but vapid response one can expect from the Left.

Here is the dispositve facts.....you will be unable to deny any:

a."Over 98% of mass shootings occurred on gun-free zones, research shows"
According to the Crime Prevention Research Center, from the 1950’s through July 10th of 2016, 98.4 percent of mass shootings have occurred on gun-free zones, with just 1.6 percent occurring where citizens are allowed to have firearms with them."
Over 98% of mass shootings occurred on gun-free zones, research shows

b. "From 1994 through 2004, a federal ban on ‘assault weapons’ was in place, and it had no detectable effect on crime.

We have a unique advantage in judging calls for a ban on so-called assault weapons: We’ve done it before. From 1994 through 2004, a federal ban on “assault weapons” was in place, and it had no detectable effect on crime. The independent Task Force on Community Preventative Services found no evidence that the assault-weapon ban prevented any violence. The National Research Council’s review of the academic literature on the question found that the data “did not reveal any clear impacts on gun violence.” The Justice Department’s own study suggested that any effects of the law were too small to be statistically measured. Indeed, the only statistically significant outcome that could be detected was a steep rise in prices for various firearms that weren’t banned. Political realities being what they are, it is no surprise that Smith & Wesson shares went up almost 7 percent after the Orlando murders."
Assault-Weapon Ban: No | National Review

c. … the data shows that all mass shooting are in ‘Gun Free Zones,’ and when nearly all mass shooters are on prescribed psychotropic drugs…..
“At least fourteen recent school shootings were committed by those taking or withdrawing from psychiatric drugs.

It is important to note the … cases where the information about the shooters psychiatric drug use was made public. To give an example, although it is known that James Holmes, suspected perpetrator of the Aurora, Colorado movie theater shooting, was seeing psychiatry-ist Lynne Fenton, there has been no mention of what psychiatric drugs he may have been taking—though it is highly probably he was taking psychiatric drugs considering he was under a psychiatrist’s “care”.

Of these 14, seven were seeing either a psychiatrist (5 of them) or psychologist (2 of them). It is not known whether or not the other half were seeing a psychiatrist, as it has not been published.

There have been 22 international drug regulatory warnings issued on psychiatric drugs causing violence, mania, hostility, aggression, psychosis, and other violent type reactions. These warnings have been issued in the United States, European Union, Japan, United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.”
Columbine | CCHR International

Now....you don't have to be a dunce your entire life.....

.....take a day off.

I'm never wrong.

Not working.

Thanks so much.

I asked this:

I've answered your question and anyone with a brain can see that. I suspect that you just want to bump your own thread.

She just likes to repeat herself ad nauseam and declare victory, it's her schtick.

-Geaux

--

Dear Mr. xxxxxx,

Sincerely,

Sharon

xxx

Very American of you.

How brave.

That is the civil approach I know you libs don't care for. Instead I should be burning down their business. Right?

-Geaux

-Geaux

--

Dear Mr. xxxxxx,

Sincerely,

Sharon

xxx

Very American of you.

How brave.

Let's go over the Left's plans for America:

1. Start by trying to control what people say and think…target any who stray from the orthodoxy…get them fired from their jobs…ridicule them...make sure everybody was afraid to disagree.

2. Work to disarm the population…take their guns away, so they’d be entirely dependent on government for their safety….and unable to resist any unpopular government

3. ... systematically target any institution that oppose your power: churches, the family, and independent businesses, using laws and relentless propaganda

4. And, if elections still didn’t go your way…you’d use an entrenched, unelected bureaucracy to neuter any leader you hadn’t hand-picked

5. And, to make sure it didn’t happen again, you’d work tirelessly to replacd the old and recalcitrant population with a new and more obedient….dependent….one.

6. Hence, the speech codes, the calls for gun control, the relentless attacks on the nuclear family and demands for unlimited mass immigration and none of it is to the benefit of American citizens.

7. It is to make you more and more dependent

See where you fit in?

Outlaw Gun Free Zones

And….

Outlaw Gun Free Zones

And….

Are you suggesting that that is the end of school shootings and mass murder?

No, it's a start to reducing the number of mass shootings. I see you're still not that bright.

Forum List

Back