The Next Debate Won't Be So Easy For Romney

True. But Romney is damn good.

He completely dominate the Great Orator last time around.

Just like the left leaning judges having to listen to the Governments attorney trying miserably to defend Obamacare, it wouldn't surprise me if a couple of "hints" and "self helps" from this moderator to Obama will begin to appear when the President get's into trouble.

..... psst ..... mr president..... pssssssst ... try looking at the telepromter instead of looking down in the debates.

I believe the left will do everything in their power to give Obama a win, even if it costs them their credibility. They don't give a crap what the conservatives think and the liberals will be hailing their brilliance for asking the questions Obama is comfortable with.

I wish the moderators didn't know what the questions were in advance, I'd like to see a separate bipartisan group mull the questions for appropriateness without anyone else knowing what they were.

Romney doesnt' even have to show up for the next debate. He only has to put a life sized image of Ambassador Stevens at the podium and a large sign that says, "Why?"

Second presidential debate the fat lib lady will moderate is a Town Hall format with topics to include foreign and domestic policy, so there's always a chance the lefties will pack the Hall with more Barry fans than Romney, but in the final analysis they're both left to answer the questions and rebut the other guy's points. Mitt will be short, concise, and to the point with his answers. Barry will ramble on and on as that's what he does. He thinks such style trumps substance.

The third debate is the same format as the first one except with a different lefty moderator and the topic is foreign policy.

Romney has already demonstrated he learned from Newt during the primary debates not to let the moderator get away with anything, from inane topics to trying to adversely control things, etc. So he'll do it again in 2 and 3 if necessary.

Barry's problem of course is the topics, foreign and domestic policy. He has to defend on those two fronts, which will certainly be uncomfortable at times and utterly indefensible at others. Take for example the debacle in Libya. With more and more coming to light about the terrorist aspects vs. the stupid video, the various warnings we now know about that were met with the administration turning down requests for additional security from the now dead ambassador, and Romney is going to have a field day pointing out how tragically feckless Obama & Co. were in a region seething with growing anti-American hostility.

Barry looked and sounded bad in #1, so I suspect he'll at least portray himself better in the next two. He won't be looking down or taking imaginary notes any longer, but he'll still have to answer the questions and Mitt's rebuttals. And, again, that's his problem. This go-round he's got a record to run on and it's a hell of a lot harder than just uttering his hope and change mantra over and over.

I think we're going to see even more of the amateur-in-chief in the last two debates. Just think of it as his audition for Habitat for Humanity for their January volunteer openings in the Chicago area.

I do think there will be a temptation on Crowleys part to see that the debate goes Obama's way, however, she will remember her performance will be scrutinized as much as the participants. I'm sure she mulled over the reviews that Jim Lehrer received after the first debate and she wants an kudos, not the hammer.

The questions will be the key. If she avoids the Benghazi attacks, the questions around that debacle, the fix was in.

If she helps Obama she will be given tons of praise and maybe a better gig. :eusa_eh:

I believe the left will do everything in their power to give Obama a win, even if it costs them their credibility. They don't give a crap what the conservatives think and the liberals will be hailing their brilliance for asking the questions Obama is comfortable with.

I wish the moderators didn't know what the questions were in advance, I'd like to see a separate bipartisan group mull the questions for appropriateness without anyone else knowing what they were.

Very well said. The corrupt MSM will rally for their Dear Leader. It's predictable. And obviously there is a problem with who they're appointing as Moderators. The woman from PBS actually wrote a book worshipping her Dear Leader. How did she become a Moderator? Anyway, great points. Thanks.

No matter how badly Romney gets beaten in either of the next debates, you won't hear any of the conservatives on this board admit it,

why? Because there are exactly zero conservatives on this board who have the character and integrity to do so.

So what's been Obama's excuse from the liberals on the first one?

True. But Romney is damn good.

He completely dominate the Great Orator last time around.

Even the liberal media didn't try to cover up that Obama was dominated. They tried to excuse it, but they didn't deny it. As that goes on, the trend will be apparent. Obama is arrogant, thin skinned and can't think on his feet. Not a good combination for debating outside the liberal locker room where all he has to do is gurgle liberal rhetoric and they scream their delight.

Second presidential debate the fat lib lady will moderate is a Town Hall format with topics to include foreign and domestic policy, so there's always a chance the lefties will pack the Hall with more Barry fans than Romney, but in the final analysis they're both left to answer the questions and rebut the other guy's points. Mitt will be short, concise, and to the point with his answers. Barry will ramble on and on as that's what he does. He thinks such style trumps substance.

The third debate is the same format as the first one except with a different lefty moderator and the topic is foreign policy.

Romney has already demonstrated he learned from Newt during the primary debates not to let the moderator get away with anything, from inane topics to trying to adversely control things, etc. So he'll do it again in 2 and 3 if necessary.

Barry's problem of course is the topics, foreign and domestic policy. He has to defend on those two fronts, which will certainly be uncomfortable at times and utterly indefensible at others. Take for example the debacle in Libya. With more and more coming to light about the terrorist aspects vs. the stupid video, the various warnings we now know about that were met with the administration turning down requests for additional security from the now dead ambassador, and Romney is going to have a field day pointing out how tragically feckless Obama & Co. were in a region seething with growing anti-American hostility.

Barry looked and sounded bad in #1, so I suspect he'll at least portray himself better in the next two. He won't be looking down or taking imaginary notes any longer, but he'll still have to answer the questions and Mitt's rebuttals. And, again, that's his problem. This go-round he's got a record to run on and it's a hell of a lot harder than just uttering his hope and change mantra over and over.

I think we're going to see even more of the amateur-in-chief in the last two debates. Just think of it as his audition for Habitat for Humanity for their January volunteer openings in the Chicago area.

With all the left leaning moderators monitoring a majority of the Presidential debates, what would be said of (and how would the media handle) someone like Bill O'Reilly giving oversight to one?

You can tell by the responses on this thread that the rightwingers know that Romney is an epic fail.

It's kind of sad. But hey, whatcha gonna do?

With all the left leaning moderators monitoring a majority of the Presidential debates, what would be said of (and how would the media handle) someone like Bill O'Reilly giving oversight to one?

On many topics, Bill O'Reilly takes a big government, Progressive-like position...but your point is well made. How would the media handle a moderator like Stephen Moore of the WSJ or my personal choice, David Boaz from the Cato Institute? They'd shit a brick!

No matter how badly Romney gets beaten in either of the next debates, you won't hear any of the conservatives on this board admit it,

why? Because there are exactly zero conservatives on this board who have the character and integrity to do so.

So what's been Obama's excuse from the liberals on the first one?

Obama was suffering from lack of oxygen
Obama didn't study
Obama was afraid of being called "An Angry Black Man"
Romney cheated
Romney lied
The Sun was in Obama's eyes

Believe it or not O'Reilly is a liberal too.

I think to balance this out you need Rush Limbaugh moderating a debate.

You can tell by the responses on this thread that the rightwingers know that Romney is an epic fail.

It's kind of sad. But hey, whatcha gonna do?

Ah, the "Because I said so" argument. What a well reasoned and powerful argument you've put forth. You framed the topic succinctly, drew on indisputable facts and made a rock solid case for your point.

:eusa_eh:

I don't think the media was prepared for such a lackluster performance on the President's part.

He really wasn't into it at all.

This is the way he goes about doing his job every single day.

He's just not into it.

Forum List

Back