The New Wonka Movie Looks Really Good 😁

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I think that they made an excellent casting choice for the part of Willy Wonka. I saw and heard a lot of Johnny Depp mannerisms who played Wonka in the remake. I'm really excited about this one and I can't wait to see it!! :D

I think that they made an excellent casting choice for the part of Willy Wonka. I saw and heard a lot of Johnny Depp mannerisms who played Wonka in the remake. I'm really excited about this one and I can't wait to see it!! :D

Not again? Oh wait....I saw a black person in the trailer. :laughing0301:

• Banned
Not again? :icon_rolleyes:

What? I find a Willy Wonka origin story rather interesting. It's not like it's just another remake. It wasn't asked for I admit, but my curiosity has overcome me and it looks good.

• Banned
I don't know.

Gene Wilder had his flair.
Johnny Depp had his flair.

This kid doesn't seem to have any special flair of his own. He's "meh".

Well feel free to disagree with me but he seems like a younger Johnny Depp to me. I definitely see more Johnny than Gene in him though. Maybe a tiny percentage of Gene but mostly Johnny.

Well feel free to disagree with me but he seems like a younger Johnny Depp to me. I definitely see more Johnny than Gene in him though. Maybe a tiny percentage of Gene but mostly Johnny.

I'm just saying that Gene and Johnny had their own personal flairs integrated into the character to make it their own.

This new guy may not be bad, but he's got no flair. Not in the clip anyway.

Maybe they are keeping his "flair" for the movie and not showing it in the trailers. Who knows.

Talking strange and wearing kooky clothes doesn't cut it. He's going to have to "kill" the character with a whole new personality, quirks, traits, and jargon..........and not depend on anything from the two previous movies. That's what I'm looking for, and I didn't see it.

I will be watching the movie, however, because I do want to see if he DOES "pull a rabbit out of his hat"........so to speak.

Gene Wilder had his flair.
Johnny Depp had his flair.
This kid doesn't seem to have any special flair of his own. He's "meh".

It seems to me, from what I can see in the trailer, that he's trying to play a younger version of the Johnny Depp incarnation of Willie Wonka. That makes a certain amount of sense, if this movie in intended to be a prequel to the movie in which Johnny Depp played the role. I get the sense that this movie is meant to be contiguous with that one, so it makes sense to try to keep the character as consistent as they can.

I recall, at some point, seeing a list of other actors that had been considered beside Johnny Depp, and realizing that each of those actors would have brought a very different personality to the role, a very different take on it, just as Johnny Depp ultimately did compared to Gene Wilder.

They could make this movie with a different actor, putting his own take on the role, different than Johnny Depp's, different than Gene Wilder's, but what I see in the trailer seems to eschew that idea. I think this movie clearly means to depict the same incarnation of the character as the one played by Johnny Depp, but at a younger age.

It seems to me, from what I can see in the trailer, that he's trying to play a younger version of the Johnny Depp incarnation of Willie Wonka. That makes a certain amount of sense, if this movie in intended to be a prequel to the movie in which Johnny Depp played the role. I get the sense that this movie is meant to be contiguous with that one, so it makes sense to try to keep the character as consistent as they can.

I recall, at some point, seeing a list of other actors that had been considered beside Johnny Depp, and realizing that each of those actors would have brought a very different personality to the role, a very different take on it, just as Johnny Depp ultimately did compared to Gene Wilder.

They could make this movie with a different actor, putting his own take on the role, different than Johnny Depp's, different than Gene Wilder's, but what I see in the trailer seems to eschew that idea. I think this movie clearly means to depict the same incarnation of the character as the one played by Johnny Depp, but at a younger age.

Yes, but Johnny Depps character already gave us his back story, and he had no mother. This new one has a mother, from what I saw in the clip.

Yes, but Johnny Depps character already gave us his back story, and he had no mother. This new one has a mother, from what I saw in the clip.

It gave us bits and pieces of a backstory. No explanation of what happened to his mother, and when, and not much about the process by which he established his business and his factory. Just hints and bits at what this movie apparently means to cover.

Kind of like in the original Star Wars movie where there's a terse reference to those who sacrificed their life to get the plans to the Death Star into the hands of the Rebellion, and then later, the Rogue One movie came out and told us that story

Too many Negroes.

I'm just surprised they cast Wille as White. Look like more than half the rest of the cast is Black. Typical Hollywood wokism nowadays. I'll pass.

I get very concerned for Hollywood when they have to make "new" versions of great old movies.

This is a prequel.

I'm just surprised they cast Wille as White. Look like more than half the rest of the cast is Black. Typical Hollywood wokism nowadays. I'll pass.

I don't have any issues with a black cast as long as it isn't race swapping a character that used to be white or vice versa.

I just saw this movie today and I loved it. I give it a ten out of ten. Oh and I was right about thinking about the man cast as Wonka as an excellent choice. Hugh Grant also did a fantastic job as the Oompa Loompa as he was hilarious. XD

I saw the movie recently it was enjoyable, but not as good as the previous ones. I think Gene Wilder will always be my favorite Wonka.

Forum List

Back