The new Bug-A-Salt

HereWeGoAgain

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2010
Fuck Y'all I'm From Texas!
This thing has some power behind it!!!
I'd bought the two previous models but the humidity here in Texas made them clog up constantly.
So when they came out with the new Co2 powered version with the encapsulated salt rounds I jumped on it!!
This thing will take down every bug I've shot with it as long as they're within three foot. Flies are toast at four foot.
Shot myself in the palm from a foot and it stings like a MOFO!!!!!

94CDF826-E840-4DEA-947B-FFFB61CE6C29.jpeg

Nice!

I am good at shooting the pests with a couple of rubber bands that I've looped together. The main problem being that it doesn't take long for the rubber bands to get covered with guts.

Nice!

I am good at shooting the pests with a couple of rubber bands that I've looped together. The main problem being that it doesn't take long for the rubber bands to get covered with guts.

The only thing covered in guts using this is what they're standing on when you shoot em. Going to have to go for some skeet shooting. From what I can tell the spread is around 3 inches from three foot.
You can actually see the fly wings going in different direction when you blast them.

Those work okay if you live in a dry climate.
But they're nothing compared to the Co2 version which is kinda pricey at $124 bucks. It comes with 5 Co2 Cartridges and two packs of ammo each with 120 shots.
You can buy 120 shots for $11 bucks.
I just happened to have a box of 100 Co2 cartridges for my pellet pistol and airsoft pistol I use to correct the dogs.

This thing has some power behind it!!!
I'd bought the two previous models but the humidity here in Texas made them clog up constantly.
So when they came out with the new Co2 powered version with the encapsulated salt rounds I jumped on it!!
This thing will take down every bug I've shot with it as long as they're within three foot. Flies are toast at four foot.
Shot myself in the palm from a foot and it stings like a MOFO!!!!!

View attachment 532805
I have the 1st and 2nd models and lately they clog up. Who sells the latest model?

Know how those bumblebees get up in your face? Try a .22 revolver loaded with snake loads and blast them out of the sky. It's a lot of fun if you are careful and probably legal in Texas.

Hell,why not go the distance and use a 12 gauge with birdshot.
Shotguns are unwieldy for hunting bees and birdshot pellets are almost as big as the bees. We are talking about having fun killing individual bees not wholesale slaughter. Save your 12 gage and birdshot for hornet nests and wear your running shoes. Snake loads are pretty much fine lead powder and don't travel far.

Shotguns are unwieldy for hunting bees and birdshot pellets are almost as big as the bees. We are talking about having fun killing individual bees not wholesale slaughter. Save your 12 gage and birdshot for hornet nests and wear your running shoes. Snake loads are pretty much fine lead powder and don't travel far.

I was being facetious.
But I do have some snake shot for my .45....

I was being facetious.
But I do have some snake shot for my .45....
Too much bullet, too much recoil in a .45 and you tend to take another shot with an automatic without aiming. A .22 is the perfect weapon for bumble bees that tend to hover for no good reason and annoy you. We are getting an influx of those giant hornets in my area of Va. but they fly too fast. They are attracted to light but I haven't figured out how to take them out without taking out the light. I apologize for hijacking the original post that focuses on CO2 powered salt guns. I'll have to look one up. Found one on Ebay but the 150 price is a little steep, For another 30 bucks you can get a laser attachment.

Too much bullet, too much recoil in a .45 and you tend to take another shot with an automatic without aiming. A .22 is the perfect weapon for bumble bees that tend to hover for no good reason and annoy you. We are getting an influx of those giant hornets in my area of Va. but they fly too fast. They are attracted to light but I haven't figured out how to take them out without taking out the light. I apologize for hijacking the original post that focuses on CO2 powered salt guns. I'll have to look one up.

No worries.
The salt gun will take down red wasps inside 3 feet.
Like I said,I shot my palm and it hurt for a good five minutes.

Forum List

Back