The new armes forces BDUs (aka ABUs) - like/hate/other?

What do you think of the armed services' "new" uniforms?

• Like a lot

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Like somewhat

• Dislike somewhat

• Dislike a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other (desc)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
WTF? x 2

Geeze, and everybody thought the Navy went to shit when Zoomy allowed beards and mustaches

Remember the blue and grey polyester blend work utilities with the ball cap? The officer style white slacks, button up shirt and cap with the pewter emblem for enlisted?

Sadly, yes. I kept the polys as a back up when the ship's laundry was down or lost everybody's shit. Tossed the ball cap over the side and bought a ship's ball cap. The base commander at 32nd St. outlawed them as non regulation beyond the piers and a bunch of us had to go buy new uniform ball caps.

I finally got in trouble because I would wear dungarees with the gray top and a Dixie Cup shaped into gull wings. I got away with it for a year but then again 90% of the time I was wearing whites. :lol:

Since the recent repeal of DADT there is going to be another change to the uniforms.

They are to be designed by Armani and have a more tailored look to them.

And no more olive drab green or brown desert colors.

Now the uniforms will be in flamboyant colors like magenta are pink and of course with matching boots and other accessories. :cool:
Mr. Leo says:

If you're going to fight, clash!

Since the recent repeal of DADT there is going to be another change to the uniforms.

Now the uniforms will be in flamboyant colors like magenta are pink and of course with matching boots and other accessories. :cool:

The Carmen Miranda look, it'll be all the rage!

thumbnail.php

A return to the olden days?

Zouaves%2B1.jpg

Zouaves%2B1.jpg
Zoaves, they were the big thing in the 1860's. I dunno how or why, but it was a big deal.

Zouaves%2B1.jpg
Zoaves, they were the big thing in the 1860's. I dunno how or why, but it was a big deal.

Everyone at the time were enamored with the French Zoaves and many copied their uniforms. It was a fashion thing, soldiers were supposed to look fancy. :dunno:

More than adequate, they were perfect. Comfortable, versatile, looked good (not dazzling but good for what they were), etc etc. Also loved that you could wear anything from boots to dress shoes w/them and they worked fine either way.

And they just released photos of the new uniforms,

l.jpg

hot_stormtrooper.jpg

The new public relations officers uniform,

barneyvader.jpg

Marine Dress Blacks,

darthvadergay.jpg

I am quite partial to this new uniform,

3915-sexy-vader-girl-gallery.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back