The NBA needs a White Caucus

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Now that Charles Barkley has declared the NBA is a "black league" it's time the minority had some representation, if you're going to declare the majority owns the league.

Charles Barkley: ‘Jackass’ Sterling Needs to Go, ‘We Are a Black League"
4:30 pm, April 26th, 2014

TNT’s NBA halftime show today tackled theDonald Sterling*controversy, with both*Shaquille O’Neal*and*Charles Barkley*weighing in on*his alleged racist rantings. O’Neal said that the big question right now is how the L.A. Clippers will react and whether they “take these remarks personally” and decide they don’t want to play for someone who doesn’t like his girlfriend publicly associating with black people.

Barkley called on NBA Commissioner*Adam Silverto “suspend him and fine him immediately,” and made the obvious point that you can’t have a racist owner in a sport where the overwhelming majority of players are black. He said, “We cannot have an owner discriminating against a league that––we’re a black league, Ernie. We are a black league.”

Kenny Smith*took note of Sterling’s “primitive thought process” that he can work with black people, he just doesn’t like associating with them. Barkley pointed out, however, that it would be “unfair” to punish the Clippers, because the coach and players are in a particularly tight spot now. He said, “The team can’t say we’re gonna shut down because our owner’s a jackass. That’s not fair to the players.

Watch the video below, via TNT:

[

Charles Barkley: ?Jackass? Sterling Needs to Go, ?We Are a Black League? | Mediaite

220px-Nagin2June2006.png

-- I think it might be a chocolate league, just sayin.

I'd guess that the white players would overwhelmingly agree with the black players on this, that Sterling is an asshole.

Just try to have even a team with mostly white players. It's not going to happen.

Just try to have even a team with mostly white players. It's not going to happen.

A Clippers team of all white guys, would probably be just about as successful as the Clippers have historically been.

Of course a Clippers team of all 2nd graders would be as well.

The Celtics teams of the 1980's and this year's Wisconsin team had plenty of success with mostly white guys so it is possible. I think being dissuaded to play basketball because one is white may have as much influence as the general inability to jump as high.

or not shit and hoot, er,, I mean shoot and miss..

I see no reason we should not devote about Three Trillion Dollars into research toward cross-breeding humans and jackrabbits to produce superiour basketball players.

Now what might be done with any accidentally birthed females of the species could be problematic unless we allow unisex teams......

Yeah, thats what all you pussies want...a caucus of wiggers representing the 'white' point of view. You guys would probably kill yourselves when the white caucus disagrees with your hateful points of view.

Yeah, thats what all you pussies want...a caucus of wiggers representing the 'white' point of view. You guys would probably kill yourselves when the white caucus disagrees with your hateful points of view.

What are you babbling about? What's the white POV? What hateful POV are you referring to?

The ridiculousness of people like YOU, spouting nonsense every time someone is chided for making a stupid comment or having an opinion that differs from yours. You racialize conservatism, and that is wrong.

You want a 'white' caucus for basketball players, go for it...I guarantee the MASS majority of 'white' players agree that the comments made by the owner were racist.

Hell, Charles Barkley - a black conservative - disagrees with the owner, so you guys attack him? LMAO...I would ask you to define yourselves...but you already have, over and over and over again.

What are you babbling about? What's the white POV? What hateful POV are you referring to?

The ridiculousness of people like YOU, spouting nonsense every time someone is chided for making a stupid comment or having an opinion that differs from yours. You racialize conservatism, and that is wrong.

You want a 'white' caucus for basketball players, go for it...I guarantee the MASS majority of 'white' players agree that the comments made by the owner were racist.

Hell, Charles Barkley - a black conservative - disagrees with the owner, so you guys attack him? LMAO...I would ask you to define yourselves...but you already have, over and over and over again.

While Barkley's comments came out while discussing the Clippers owners, his racist remarks and the fallout have nothing to do with my suggestion of having a white solidarity group.

You see, Barkley is an unofficial spokesman of the league, and he's declared the league to be a "black league".
That is a dangerous remark to make. It's very unwelcoming to other players, and suggests they are second class members of the league.
If this becomes the thoughts of the majority, the minority is then placed in a precarious position, and needs the cohesivness of an organization dedicated to their advancement.

Forum List

Back