The Myth of Systemic Police Racism

The false narrative of systemic police bias resulted in targeted killings of officers during the Obama presidency. The pattern may be repeating itself. Officers are being assaulted and shot at while they try to arrest gun suspects or respond to the growing riots. Police precincts and courthouses have been destroyed with impunity, which will encourage more civilization-destroying violence. If the Ferguson effect of officers backing off law enforcement in minority neighborhoods is reborn as the Minneapolis effect, the thousands of law-abiding African-Americans who depend on the police for basic safety will once again be the victims.

Anyone perpetuating this myth is the real racist

With a population of 45 million, and our “systemic racist” cops committing “genocide” against blacks at about one dozen unarmed blacks killed per year, it should only take us 3.7 million years to kill them off.

9AE6F828-504D-4A5E-BAB4-E8585122907D.jpeg

The false narrative of systemic police bias resulted in targeted killings of officers during the Obama presidency. The pattern may be repeating itself. Officers are being assaulted and shot at while they try to arrest gun suspects or respond to the growing riots. Police precincts and courthouses have been destroyed with impunity, which will encourage more civilization-destroying violence. If the Ferguson effect of officers backing off law enforcement in minority neighborhoods is reborn as the Minneapolis effect, the thousands of law-abiding African-Americans who depend on the police for basic safety will once again be the victims.

Here is the conservative of said opinion:
and here is the report, of 2015
--------------------------------
I would say its missing a lot of info.
Heather McDonald knows what she’s saying.. she’s a expert .. she takes in to account stats democrats deny, fatherless rate, lack of Education. Etc..

She has a conservative bias and it shows in her bio on wiki.
Nothing bias about it, data can’t be bias
You're right, raw data does not lie, however most data needs context in order to understand what it represents. One of the easiest ways to skew the data in response to a personally held conscious of subconscious bias is to not collect pertienent information or to simply not include it when reporting on it.

Heather McDonald knows what she’s saying.. she’s a expert .. she takes in to account stats democrats deny, fatherless rate, lack of Education. Etc..

You're right, raw data does not lie, however most data needs context in order to understand what it represents. One of the easiest ways to skew the data in response to a personally held conscious of subconscious bias is to not collect pertienent information or to simply not include it when reporting on it.
Huh

History says otherwise.

If didn't feel like rewriting this so I'm posting a link to my original comment with an excerpt. I hope this isn't against the rules.

The history of police work in the South grows out of this early fascination, by white patrollers, with what African American slaves were doing. Most law enforcement was, by definition, white patrolmen watching, catching, or beating black slaves.”[ii]

Slave Patrols: An Early Form of American Policing

How did Floyd physically get pinned by 3 officers in the first place?

History says otherwise.

If didn't feel like rewriting this so I'm posting a link to my original comment with an excerpt. I hope this isn't against the rules.

The history of police work in the South grows out of this early fascination, by white patrollers, with what African American slaves were doing. Most law enforcement was, by definition, white patrolmen watching, catching, or beating black slaves.”[ii]

No it doesn’t

Huh
You've stated that data cannot be biased. I was agreeing with you but then went on how it can unfortunately be presented in a way that reveals either unconscious or conscious biases.

History says otherwise.

No it doesn’t

Huh
You've stated that data cannot be biased. I was agreeing with you but then went on how it can unfortunately be presented in a way that reveals either unconscious or conscious biases.
Huh

In 2019 police officers fatally shot 1,004 people, most of whom were armed or otherwise dangerous. African-Americans were about a quarter of those killed by cops last year (235), a ratio that has remained stable since 2015. That share of black victims is less than what the black crime rate would predict, since police shootings are a function of how often officers encounter armed and violent suspects. In 2018, the latest year for which such data have been published, African-Americans made up 53% of known homicide offenders in the U.S. and commit about 60% of robberies, though they are 13% of the population.

That’s not an opinion that is data that is evidence that is fax now go put your head in the pillow stomp your feet like a little baby and cry lol
What is the source for your statistics and when did they begin collecting them and from whom?

In 2019 police officers fatally shot 1,004 people, most of whom were armed or otherwise dangerous. African-Americans were about a quarter of those killed by cops last year (235), a ratio that has remained stable since 2015. That share of black victims is less than what the black crime rate would predict, since police shootings are a function of how often officers encounter armed and violent suspects. In 2018, the latest year for which such data have been published, African-Americans made up 53% of known homicide offenders in the U.S. and commit about 60% of robberies, though they are 13% of the population.

That’s not an opinion that is data that is evidence that is fax now go put your head in the pillow stomp your feet like a little baby and cry lol
What is the source for your statistics and when did they begin collecting them and from whom?
Look it up

The data shows blacks commit more crimes than whites, PERIOD
Black people do not commit more crime than whites. They may be profiled, arrested, prosecuted and convicted more frequently and then sentenced more severely than their white counterparts, often for the same crimes.

That you don't understand this doesn't give me a lot of confidence that you actually know how to read and interpret crime statistics. If those are FBI stats what do you know about how they collected them and from whom?

i'm racist against the word "systemic"...they use it every 22 seconds on MSNBC

The data shows blacks commit more crimes than whites, PERIOD
Black people do not commit more crime than whites. They may be profiled, arrested, prosecuted and convicted more frequently and then sentenced more severely than their white counterparts, often for the same crimes.

That you don't understand this doesn't give me a lot of confidence that you actually know how to read and interpret crime statistics. If those are FBI stats what do you know about how they collected them and from whom?
Any data? I have opinions to

Forum List

Back