The most underrated rock bands.

In 70s I started working for bands in LA area ( Cartage / Drum Tech / Merch ) and enjoyed the Golden era ( 1978-1998 ) of the Los Angeles Music scene as an insider

In 70s I started working for bands in LA area ( Cartage / Drum Tech / Merch ) and enjoyed the Golden era ( 1978-1998 ) of the Los Angeles Music scene as an insider
Alex Van Halen.
I heard that anyone within a half mile of the Whiskey a go go...would ask who's playing tonight because of the thumping sidewalk when Alex was playing drums.
I saw them once in 82 in Ohio. Speaking of drummers.....
Rush 6 times ( rest in peace Neil Peart.)

Alex Van Halen.
I heard that anyone within a half mile of the Whiskey a go go...would ask who's playing tonight because of the thumping sidewalk when Alex was playing drums
I was Helping out the Weasels ( Culver City Band and first band played on the fledgeling Radio Station KROQ )as they headlined at Gazzari’s . One of the Opening acts was a band from Pasadena / Arcadia / Highland Park ( Van Halen )

Alex Van Halen.
I heard that anyone within a half mile of the Whiskey a go go...would ask who's playing tonight because of the thumping sidewalk when Alex was playing drums.
I saw them once in 82 in Ohio. Speaking of drummers.....
Rush 6 times ( rest in peace Neil Peart.)
I set up Drums for a few good ones ( Ritchie Hayward / Little Feat ) ( Dennis Conway / Leon Russell / Elton John) ( and various drummers for ( Al Kooper / Temporary Sanity ) ( The Beat / Paul Collins Beat and Peter Case / The Plimsouls and Jack Lee / writer of “ Hanging on the Telephone” that all three performed as first punk outfit on west coast The Nerves .

Van Halen )
So much 70s - early 80s music still resonates strong. The first several Van Halen albums I still listen to .

I like country sometimes and bluegrass,and a lot of chick music mostly smooth jazz R&B type stuff...
Randy Crawford , Lisa Stansfield....
Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey, Alanis Morissette, Aretha Franklin, .

For their lack of mainstream radio play, compared to other bands like AC/DC and Def Leppard or whoever I would say Iron Maiden is probably at least in America the most underrated band.....world wide they're almost the most popular metal act (next to Metallica I would say)

Duran Duran the fact it took them 40 freaking years to be inducted into the hall of fame,as talented as they are,thats fucking rediculous and unacceptable especially sense they were such a smash hit in America and they had the same affect on women the beatles did pretty much,something about these british bands makes these American women fall in love and worship them.

I was Helping out the Weasels ( Culver City Band and first band played on the fledgeling Radio Station KROQ )as they headlined at Gazzari’s . One of the Opening acts was a band from Pasadena / Arcadia / Highland Park ( Van Halen )
I saw The Doors at the Whiskey.

I saw The Doors at the Whiskey.
Cool, around 1983 I was a Drum Tech for The Beat ( Paul Collins Beat ) and Robbie Kreager ( Doors Founder ) opened for us at The Rainbow , The Original Drummer ( Dunsmoor ? ) went on stage during Robbie’s set and they performed some doors hits , the crowd went wild .

Duran Duran the fact it took them 40 freaking years to be inducted into the hall of fame,as talented as they are,thats fucking rediculous and unacceptable especially sense they were such a smash hit in America and they had the same affect on women the beatles did pretty much,something about these british bands makes these American women fall in love and worship them.
A lot of good songs for sure.
Like Hall and Oates.

A lot of good songs for sure.
Like Hall and Oates.
take a look at these two videos and tell me on a scale of a scale up to a four star rating what you give them not just the song but the video as well. one being crappy,two being average,3 above average 4 excellent. the first one is a live performance,i so much wish i could have been there because that year thats when they played their best material and roger taylor totally rocks on the drums in this song like no other song except maybe hungry like the wolf my fave and andy taylor was pumped up with energy like no other concert ever before jumping around.I think he was excited with energy playing in front of his home town in england.

now take a look at this one.This is one IMO their most underrated song,its a shame they dont perform it anymore. The thing that is unique about this song is it does not have the usual normal loud rock and roll teir others usually have like wild boys and hungry like the wolf,its a song the average music goer not familiar with them not into wild rock and roll like a good portion of their songs are,can even enjoy.:thup: and how you like the video? the video itself WITHOUT the song is a blast to watch,It was very well put together,incredibly edited.great cinemotography.:thup:

For me it is one of my top five faves because the words are very encouraging if you are going through a rough time in your life when he says -YOU GOT TO BELIEVE IT WILL BE ALL RIGHT IN THE END.:thup: agreed?:)

have you seen this video before? i had never known about this song till i saw their live 2004 concert performance in england recently which is what is seen in the first video.:)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back