The most underrated rock bands.

The other day, saw the movie "Spy Game" (seen it before but I had forgotten the plot) and I had the pleasure of Joe Walsh...

The Hollies.
One of the bands the Beatles "borrowed" sounds from then accused them of copying them... such as is the ego of Paul McCartney.
The Hollies were a hit record making machine, chances are you know at least 10 songs by them but don't know it.

(The Beat / Paul Collins Beat ) ( The Plimsouls ) ( Oingo Boingo ) ( Montrose ) ( Black Oak Arkansas ) ( Stan Ridgeway ) ( Sparks )

The Guess Who is somewhat a mixed bag.

They have one of the world's most popular songs American Woman wichh I always hated for whatever reason ...( one of those songs everybody heard before but most people don't know who it is, right ?)...but --they have a lot of other songs that never got a lot of airplay which are really good.__
Undone, No Time, New Mother Nature, Hand me down World.....Bus Rider....and a lot more.

This was always one of my favorites....
Rock on Burton!

If you ask a rock & roll enthusiast who is under 55 years old about Montrose they are clueless
That would be a whole category onto itself but I'm an old school rocker..... that first yellow Montrose album was one of the first ones I ever bought when I was like 14...

I got three records with my own money Montrose the first Rush album and Emerson Lake and Palmer Brain Salad Surgery

Last edited:
M
That would be a whole category onto itself but I'm an old school rocker that first yellow Montrose album was one of the first ones Iever bought about when I was like 14...

I got three records with my own money Montrose the first Rush album and Emerson Lake and Palmer Brain Salad Surgery
My first Album ( With money from Lemonade Stand set up outside a side MGM studios gate ) was Led Zeppelin 2

Forum List

Back