The Most Disreputable Institution In The Nation.

Americans don't trust the news media any more because it is dominate by Left Wing assholes that have no concept of reality.
Americans of the trump persuasion don't trust the news media because the orange baby king has told his unwashed 32% mass to agree on fake news, even when what the media is saying is obviously true to anyone that saw a given event, attacking the media for his own stupidity and paranoid vision from his own little world. A little over a third of the country needs deprogramming and is on the verge of drinking the poison kool-aide.

Can you really be this much of a moron??????

Fake news is said to have been born August 9, 2014 when MSNBC, the NYTimes, CNN, the WashingtonPost and the rest of the mainstream media all colluded to propagate the fairy tale that Michael Brown, ‘the gentle giant,’ was shot by the police as he put his hands up and begged ‘don’t shoot.’

Only one journalist, Jonathan Capehart, wrote in the Washington Post....

"Standing by my opinion that ‘Hands up, don’t shoot’ was built on a lie"
Opinion | Standing by my opinion that ‘Hands up, don’t shoot’ was built on a lie

‘Hands Up, Don’t Shoot’ Never Happened, But Networks Keep Using It

● Media Helped Spread ‘Hands Up, Don’t Shoot’ Theme: Broadcast networks used the phrase, “Hands up, don’t shoot,” 140 times in protest coverage discussing the Ferguson case from Aug. 9, 2014, through March 4, 2015, the date of the Justice Department report.

● Networks Perpetuate False Claim: Despite the DOJ ruling the left’s “fact” a “myth,” the networks have continued to use the meme an additional 16 times since release of the Ferguson report.

● ABC, NBC Never Admit Expression Wasn’t True: CBS called out the “Hands up, don’t shoot” falsehood in a March 4 report saying, “Despite protests” the report found there was “no credible evidence Brown had his hands upattempting to surrender.” So have CNN, The Washington Post and even The New York Times. ABC and NBC haven’t dared to address it.

● Pop-Culture Support: The false narrative has even made its way into pop culture in television shows, professional sports and music awards shows. Entertainment media have helped promote “Hands up, don’t shoot” -- from the hit show Scandal to a Pharrell Grammy performance.

Editor’s Note: Some language in this story might be deemed offensive.

The phrase “Hands up, don’t shoot,” has come to define a movement protesting alleged mistreatment of African-Americans at the hands of police. It came from a witness account of how African-American 18-year-old Michael Brown was killed by a white police officer.

ABC, NBC and CBS used the phrase -- mostly B-roll of protesters chanting -- an incredible 140 times from the day Brown was shot to the date the Department of Justice report was released. Even after the government determined the phrase had no credibility, network journalists continued to use it an additional 16 times, most recently in coverage of the Baltimore riots and during protester attacks on citizens in Cleveland following the Brelo verdict."

....statements about the Trump administration in June, July and August, of which 1,422 (91%) were negative vs. a mere 145 (9%) which were positive. Since Trump took office on January 20, there have been 4,144 such evaluative statements, of which 3,712 (90%) were negative, vs. 432 (10%) which were positive.
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/rich-noyes/2017/09/12/liberal-medias-summer-pummeling-trump

And.....how many times did we hear the word 'bombshell' from the fake news about
First collusion, collusion, collusion failed

Russia, Russia, Russia failed.

Obstruction, Obstruction, Obstruction failed.

Racist, Racist, Racist failed.

Impeach, Impeach, Impeach failed.

Recession, Recession, Recession failed.

Emoluments, 25th amendment, Stormy Daniels, lies about Charlottesville fine Nazis, Kurds, Ukraine, Quid Pro Quo, ‘lynching,’ the GAO charges, Lev Parnas, impeachment, coronavirus ‘hoax,’ General Flynn perjury trap, one after another lead balloons.

What the heck is wrong with you??????
Oh Pol Chic,
I wonder if it’s worth considering 2 ideas that may explain the conditions you see as a wide spread left wing conspiracy to hobble the free peoples of the world. Let me suggest, that most often when it seems like an individual or group is acting out if some malice for their common man (I’m assuming you will not take offense to my use of the masculine here) that the real root of this immoral/amoral behavior tends to be greed. I would put most media outlets in this category, they are profit making machines that will allow anything else to bend or even break so long as the bottom line remain, well, the bottom line.
As for the DNC, I agree that it seems they must be up to something as much of what they are trying to accomplish appears so absurd and generally contradictory to their stated goals. Not to over simplify, but let me suggest rampant incompetence as the actual driving force. Remember, President Trump won this past election because the Dems seem to forget that the electoral college and not popular vote selects a president. The howls of “unfair” after the election all bore this out.
So to sum up, I think your seeing greed and incompetence, not some conspiracy that’s attempting to separate anyone from their freedom, their guns or their God.

"I wonder if it’s worth considering 2 ideas that may explain the conditions you see as a wide spread left wing conspiracy..."

Are you disputing the ownership of the media by the Democrats/Leftists/Progressives???

Last time I put you in your place, you ran and hid.

Might be a good idea to take the same tack now.
You’re silly...and little bit crazy...and maybe you should consider why you feel the need not only be combative with those that disagree with you but attempt to belittle them...this says a whole lot more about you than those of us you cast aspersions on.
Sad really. I paid you the respect of taking your ideas seriously. I didn’t call you a moron or an idiot, just disagreed. What a scared, little person you must feel like. I hope you can find some confidence.
Americans don't trust the news media any more because it is dominate by Left Wing assholes that have no concept of reality.
Americans of the trump persuasion don't trust the news media because the orange baby king has told his unwashed 32% mass to agree on fake news, even when what the media is saying is obviously true to anyone that saw a given event, attacking the media for his own stupidity and paranoid vision from his own little world. A little over a third of the country needs deprogramming and is on the verge of drinking the poison kool-aide.
Well said,best damn post on this thread,

Fake news is said to have been born August 9, 2014 when MSNBC, the NYTimes, CNN, the WashingtonPost and the rest of the mainstream media all colluded to propagate the fairy tale that Michael Brown, ‘the gentle giant,’ was shot by the police as he put his hands up and begged ‘don’t shoot.’

Opinion | Standing by my opinion that ‘Hands up, don’t shoot’ was built on a lie

● Media Helped Spread ‘Hands Up, Don’t Shoot’ Theme: Broadcast networks used the phrase, “Hands up, don’t shoot,” 140 times in protest coverage discussing the Ferguson case from Aug. 9, 2014, through March 4, 2015, the date of the Justice Department report.

● Networks Perpetuate False Claim: Despite the DOJ ruling the left’s “fact” a “myth,” the networks have continued to use the meme an additional 16 times since release of the Ferguson report.

● ABC, NBC Never Admit Expression Wasn’t True: CBS called out the “Hands up, don’t shoot” falsehood in a March 4 report saying, “Despite protests” the report found there was “no credible evidence Brown had his hands upattempting to surrender.” So have CNN, The Washington Post and even The New York Times. ABC and NBC haven’t dared to address it.

● Pop-Culture Support: The false narrative has even made its way into pop culture in television shows, professional sports and music awards shows. Entertainment media have helped promote “Hands up, don’t shoot” -- from the hit show Scandal to a Pharrell Grammy performance.

The phrase “Hands up, don’t shoot,” has come to define a movement protesting alleged mistreatment of African-Americans at the hands of police. It came from a witness account of how African-American 18-year-old Michael Brown was killed by a white police officer.

ABC, NBC and CBS used the phrase -- mostly B-roll of protesters chanting -- an incredible 140 times from the day Brown was shot to the date the Department of Justice report was released. Even after the government determined the phrase had no credibility, network journalists continued to use it an additional 16 times, most recently in coverage of the Baltimore riots and during protester attacks on citizens in Cleveland following the Brelo verdict."

....statements about the Trump administration in June, July and August, of which 1,422 (91%) were negative vs. a mere 145 (9%) which were positive. Since Trump took office on January 20, there have been 4,144 such evaluative statements, of which 3,712 (90%) were negative, vs. 432 (10%) which were positive.
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/rich-noyes/2017/09/12/liberal-medias-summer-pummeling-trump

And.....how many times did we hear the word 'bombshell' from the fake news about

Emoluments, 25th amendment, Stormy Daniels, lies about Charlottesville fine Nazis, Kurds, Ukraine, Quid Pro Quo, ‘lynching,’ the GAO charges, Lev Parnas, impeachment, coronavirus ‘hoax,’ General Flynn perjury trap, one after another lead balloons.

Oh Pol Chic,
I wonder if it’s worth considering 2 ideas that may explain the conditions you see as a wide spread left wing conspiracy to hobble the free peoples of the world. Let me suggest, that most often when it seems like an individual or group is acting out if some malice for their common man (I’m assuming you will not take offense to my use of the masculine here) that the real root of this immoral/amoral behavior tends to be greed. I would put most media outlets in this category, they are profit making machines that will allow anything else to bend or even break so long as the bottom line remain, well, the bottom line.
As for the DNC, I agree that it seems they must be up to something as much of what they are trying to accomplish appears so absurd and generally contradictory to their stated goals. Not to over simplify, but let me suggest rampant incompetence as the actual driving force. Remember, President Trump won this past election because the Dems seem to forget that the electoral college and not popular vote selects a president. The howls of “unfair” after the election all bore this out.
So to sum up, I think your seeing greed and incompetence, not some conspiracy that’s attempting to separate anyone from their freedom, their guns or their God.

"I wonder if it’s worth considering 2 ideas that may explain the conditions you see as a wide spread left wing conspiracy..."

Are you disputing the ownership of the media by the Democrats/Leftists/Progressives???

You’re silly...and little bit crazy...and maybe you should consider why you feel the need not only be combative with those that disagree with you but attempt to belittle them...this says a whole lot more about you than those of us you cast aspersions on.
Sad really. I paid you the respect of taking your ideas seriously. I didn’t call you a moron or an idiot, just disagreed. What a scared, little person you must feel like. I hope you can find some confidence.
Well said,people laugh at this clown all the time,easily one of the biggest trolls at usmb.you are finding out what everybody does when they try and have a civilized discussion with her.anytime she gets taken to school and can’t refute facts that her hero’s the republicans are as corrupt as the democrats,she belittles people and resorts to insults when she is backed Up against the wall with irrefutable evidence how corrupt they are,example,she always bitched about how corrupt Obama is.while true,the troll,always ignores evidence that he only expanded the policys that bush got started,that his policys were the exact same as bush. She is a joke.

Oh Pol Chic,

You, my dear, are an ass. Good luck getting to where you‘re going. I hope some day you get there, feel content and can treat others how they should be treated and not how your insecurities dictate.

Welcome to the karma cafe....there are no menus but you will get what you deserve.

True.

And?I
And... you’re engaging in mental masturbation, which while I’m sure is gratifying for you, actually does very little toward making the arguments you seem so desperate for the rest of us to buy into.

Somehow, when your sort are put in their place, their response is of a sexual nature.
Is that to show how mature you are?

Now.....are you back to admit that I schooled you on the fact that there is no Far Right in this country, only a Far Left?
You are a ridiculous human being..good luck with that.
You nailed it,the UNDERSTATEMENT of the year.

Your finding out what the majority of posters here at USMB always discover when she goes on and on with her babble how the democrats are always responsible for all the corruption all the time blah blah blah blah.

So how would you fix this? Have the gubbermint take over?
This clown is as childish and as stupid as the op is,his warped solution is that if there were no democrats in office,everything would be gravy always evading the evidence the republicans are as evil and corrupt as the dems.so who cares what this troll thinks as the solution? Lol

Quite a Gishs Gallop. Primarily, fake news is more often than not just thing trump would rather not hear whether true or not.

Everything in the post is factual, including my describing you as a moron.
From your point of view.

From a factual point of view.
One persons facts or fake news in another person's "alternative facts" in the right wing trump world. To tell truth, I didn't even read all of your Gish gallop post, because I had no intention of checking it or responding, as is the intention of that sort of post. You should know better. Haven't had much time to play here, this week, as been tied to a project in another city.

Quite a Gishs Gallop. Primarily, fake news is more often than not just thing trump would rather not hear whether true or not.

From your point of view.

One persons facts or fake news in another person's "alternative facts" in the right wing trump world. To tell truth, I didn't even read all of your Gish gallop post, because I had no intention of checking it or responding, as is the intention of that sort of post. You should know better. Haven't had much time to play here, this week, as been tied to a project in another city.
She can’t come to grips with reality that her hero reagan ran the most corrupt administration ever at the time,was a traiter to America and has the gall to tell bullshitbhe was the best president of the twentieth century. Comedy gold,engage her in that discussion and watch her evade the facts of his corruption.hee hee.

You got something to back that up or is this just a late-night fart-post ?

From your point of view.

The big deceit is the filthy Left Wing world where the fake news media is telling you yokels that Trump hasn't been doing a great job and that the filthy ass Democrat agenda will be good for you. You Useful Idiots believe that lying shit you hear from those clowns at CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC and PBS. Then you wonder why we ridicule you and call you uneducated and low information.

From your point of view.

Translation: "I simply refuse to believe anything that conflicts with my worldview, no matter how clearly true it is."

So, you're a government school grad, huh?

From your point of view.

She can’t come to grips with reality that her hero reagan ran the most corrupt administration ever at the time,was a traiter to America and has the gall to tell bullshitbhe was the best president of the twentieth century. Comedy gold,engage her in that discussion and watch her evade the facts of his corruption.hee hee.
She has a blind spot alright, but this is just how she entertains herself. As for Reagan, I voted for him twice. I was not thrilled with him after the "Godless Russian" speech and that was way before Ollie (his fixer) started coordinating the sail of cruise missiles to Iran to finance a war Congress refused to fund. I know he did not run the most corrupt administration ever as I voted for Richard Nixon in 1972. Nixon/Agnew administration was on a par the trump administration, though possibly worse because was more corrupt than Pence. At the same time, Nixon left, knowing he had been caught without having to go through impeachment, so you have to give him credit for greater intelligence. If society is going to get fooled by a crooked bastard, it is better is better that the asshole is of above average intelligence to avoid society having the carry the guilt of being fooled by a high functioning moron.

From your point of view.

She has a blind spot alright, but this is just how she entertains herself. As for Reagan, I voted for him twice. I was not thrilled with him after the "Godless Russian" speech and that was way before Ollie (his fixer) started coordinating the sail of cruise missiles to Iran to finance a war Congress refused to fund. I know he did not run the most corrupt administration ever as I voted for Richard Nixon in 1972. Nixon/Agnew administration was on a par the trump administration, though possibly worse because was more corrupt than Pence. At the same time, Nixon left, knowing he had been caught without having to go through impeachment, so you have to give him credit for greater intelligence. If society is going to get fooled by a crooked bastard, it is better is better that the asshole is of above average intelligence to avoid society having the carry the guilt of being fooled by a high functioning moron.

Obama's was the most corrupt administration in American history.

Difference between Watergate and the Obama Spying?

Watergate was a failed attempt by a political party to spy on their political enemies.

I posted at 7:45 PM, not exactly late night unless you are 4 years old and already used to getting your way. If you are upset about the 32% figure, OK use 38% like many of his approval ratings in the polls and use of the 38% figure lends itself to the number that need deprogramming.

From your point of view.

Watergate was a failed attempt by a political party to spy on their political enemies.
Hardly most corrupt administration with Nixon and of course trump in the mix. You must really admire Barack Obama if you think he was too smart for the Republicans to be able to catch him in anything illegal, since there is no evidence he did anything illegal to this very day.

From your point of view.

Hardly most corrupt administration with Nixon and of course trump in the mix. You must really admire Barack Obama if you think he was too smart for the Republicans to be able to catch him in anything illegal, since there is no evidence he did anything illegal to this very day.

Wait......you are actually sophomoric enough not to recognize the strangle hold the Left has on the judicial system??????

This didn't teach you??????

"Deep State"??????

J. Edgar Comey?????

Mueller?????

I suppose there are enough simpletons like you around to keep the Democrat Party in power.

From your point of view.

The big deceit is the filthy Left Wing world where the fake news media is telling you yokels that Trump hasn't been doing a great job and that the filthy ass Democrat agenda will be good for you. You Useful Idiots believe that lying shit you hear from those clowns at CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC and PBS. Then you wonder why we ridicule you and call you uneducated and low information.
My problem with trump has never been media coverage. He lost me giving the benefit of the doubt about 9 months in, after Kelly Anne started justifying outright lies as "alternative facts". I knew then, he was just going to lie and cover up, all the way through. I do not approve or follow those type people, as I was raised better. Besides, I didn't like the cast of characters as a whole, his shifty "fixit" lawyer, his hiring and firing instincts or lack thereof. His tear it down without building up policies (foreign and domestic), attacks on allies while sucking up to enemies, and attacks on our military even while they were under fire. He simply proved he never had the instincts or potential to grow into the job.

Him and the op are incapable of opening their mouths without farting all over the place.hee hee.

From your point of view.

Trump hasn’t started any new wars like Nixon,Bush and Obama did so I don’t think he is as corrupt as they are even though he is corrupt.I hate having to agree with the troll but she is correct that Obama ran the most corrupt administration ever but again,the troll always ignores the facts that Obama was just expanding the policys that bush got started in doing so,that prior to Obama,Bush ran the most corrupt administration ever..the apple did not fall far from the tree,same as his dad.

It is because of Bush that we live in an Orwellian world now.a fact the troll can’t get around is the patriot act he signed into law has taken away all our civil libertys and freedoms allowing the NSA to illegally spy on its citizens.Obama is as much a traiter to Americans as Bush is because He lied to the people saying he would get rid of the patriot act but instead reinstated it.Trump as well is a traiter because he also reinstated it as well.

The case is easy as pie to make on Nixon being the most corrupt president In talking about him because it is because of that evil monster the economy has never been able to thrive sense then because that bastard took us off the gold standard and economically wise,we have never been able to recover sense then and don’t forget as well he lied to the people about immediately ending the Vietnam war expanding it by illegally bombing Cambodia murdering women and children. All these presidents are evil tyrants who’s actions rival hitler and stalins as mass murderers.

From your point of view.

Great stuff there,well said on Reagan,notice how she evaded that. Lol like clockwork true to form.lol yeah you get very little argument out of me at all that Nixon was the most corrupt president ever obviously from my last post.as I just got done proving,that man was pure evil,He was as demonic as Stalin or hitler but again,all presidents usually are,you just don’t hear about their atrocities from the corporate controlled media.you have to hear it from alternative news sources.

Sense you brought up Nixon,there is an irony in it to Reagan getting elected.Nixon and Reagan were long time pals back in the seventys when Nixon was potus.there is at least one photo out there I have seen where Reagan is at a meeting sitting there talking with Nixon and his mentor war criminal warmonger Henry Kissinger.I guarantee if you could be a fly on the wall at that meeting you would have heard Nixon say to Reagan back then “hang in there Ronnie,you’ll get your turn to be president Someday in the future very soon,we’ll take care of you.”Hee hee

Reagan learned very well from his pal Dick how to run a successful corrupt administration That burned the constituition and how to destroy American livilhoods.hee hee.

Remember we don’t elect these people and put them in office as we have been taught by our corrupt school system,they are selected for us.FDR gave that away,saying nothing happens in politics by accident,everything happens for a reason.

From your point of view.

Great stuff there,well said on Reagan,notice how she evaded that. Lol like clockwork true to form.lol yeah you get very little argument out of me at all that Nixon was the most corrupt president ever obviously from my last post.as I just got done proving,that man was pure evil,He was as demonic as Stalin or hitler but again,all presidents usually are,you just don’t hear about their atrocities from the corporate controlled media.you have to hear it from alternative news sources.

Sense you brought up Nixon,there is an irony in it to Reagan getting elected.Nixon and Reagan were long time pals back in the seventys when Nixon was potus.there is at least one photo out there I have seen where Reagan is at a meeting sitting there talking with Nixon and his mentor war criminal warmonger Henry Kissinger.I guarantee if you could be a fly on the wall at that meeting you would have heard Nixon say to Reagan back then “hang in there Ronnie,you’ll get your turn to be president Someday in the future very soon,we’ll take care of you.”Hee hee

Reagan learned very well from his pal Dick how to run a successful corrupt administration That burned the constituition and how to destroy American livilhoods.hee hee.

Remember we don’t elect these people and put them in office as we have been taught by our corrupt school system,they are selected for us.FDR gave that away,saying nothing happens in politics by accident,everything happens for a reason.
Possibly ironic, but not surprising Reagan was elected. Jimmy was and is a smart man and I believe an honest man, but he couldn't get lucky in a two dollar whorehouse. I think he was only elected as backlash of Nixon's hand chosen successor's pardoning and he said he came to Washington to clean up both sides, making him an outsider to both sides and like I said, was just pretty unlucky as far as the challenges that came up on both on international and domestic fronts. Reagan was responsible for Iran Contra scandal, no doubt, but it didn't come up until 1985, and at least he was smart enough to keep is fingerprints off of it. Very personable man. If you are going to go against the law, both houses of congress, and the American people, there is a lot to be said for not being a belligerent asshole while you do it.

1. "The job of the newspaper is to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable."

The famous quote is about a hundred years old and can be traced to the work of Finley Peter Dunne, one of the great journalists of the day, who wrote about politics and culture in the voice and persona of an Irishman named "Mr. Dooley."

2. We mourn the death, on this date, of the man celebrated for proclaiming the importance of a free press in a free society.
John Peter Zenger, (born 1697, Germany—died July 28, 1746, New York City), New York printer and journalist whose famous acquittal in a libel suit (1735) established the first important victory for freedom of the press in the English colonies of North America.
Britannica.com

With the understanding about a free press, unchained from power, the Founders honored the concept in our first amendment.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

None of the unspoken promises of a free press apply today.

3. The media today serves the interests of the Democrat Party and the international Left….as an appendage of the DNC. Rather than news channels, we have Democrat news outlets. Not journalism….it’s politics by other means.
Anyone who can predict what a DNC press release will look like, can predict what CNN’s, the NYTimes, the WaPo reporting will look like.
Journalists???? Life-long Democrats pre-positioned in the media.

Watching the media interview a Democrat is like a member of the politburo being interviewed by a reporter from Pravda or Izvestia or Tass.

MarkTwain: If you don’t read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed.

4. The real irony is not how closely the media mirrors the Soviet media, it that all that is left for us, the real Americans is samizdat.

Samizdat (Russian: самизда́т, lit. "self-publishing") was a form of dissident activity across the Eastern Bloc in which individuals reproduced censored and underground makeshift publications, often by hand, and passed the documents from reader to reader. The practice of manual reproduction was widespread, due to the fact that most typewriters and printing devices were inventorized and required permission to access. This grassroots practice to evade official Soviet censorship was fraught with danger, as harsh punishments were meted out to people caught possessing or copying censored materials. Wikipedia

Vladimir Bukovsky summarized it as follows:
"Samizdat: I write it myself, edit it myself, censor it myself, publish it myself, distribute it myself, and spend time in prison for it myself."

Pointless attempt at pushing her personnel bias.

Forum List

Back