The most conservative state in the union will have 105m dollar surplus

This is why conservatives control local politics.
Idaho revenues on track for big surplus

• $3.16 billion in subsidies 1995-2012.
  • $1.74 billion in commodity subsidies.
  • $421 million in crop insurance subsidies.
  • $745 million in conservation subsidies.
  • $253 million in disaster subsidies.
  • Idaho ranking: 27 of 50 States
  • 64 percent of farms in Idaho did not collect subsidy payments - according to USDA.
  • Ten percent collected 67 percent of all subsidies.
  • Amounting to $1.84 billion over 18 years.
  • Top 10%: $32,475 average per year between 1995 and 2012.
  • Bottom 80%: $935 average per year between 1995 and 2012.
Well its about time they show a surplus, with tax payers throwing money their way all them years, good for them, LOLOLOLOL
According to your own c/p only 10% of the farms took the majority of subsidies.
Is that a real reason to blame the whole state?

No, but it proves that federal aide regardless of how it was distributed contributes to its surplus, duh. The more you make the more the states take, correct?

hey bleeding heart liberals, Idaho has a 105m surplus deal with it
Don't try and obfuscate, or change the subject to something else
Idaho is the most conservative state in the union and has a 105m surplus, and you can't handle it.

Idaho is the most conservative state in the union and has a 105m surplus, and you can't handle it.

Actually, who the hell gives a fuck about Idaho?

Idaho's GDP for 2014 was 64 billion dollars. Population about 1.7 million.

The GDP of California was 2.3 trillion dollars. Get back to us when you are a real state. California's surplus this year is 5.5 billion dollars.

But Idaho grows some good potatoes and has more Mormons than any other sect.
which will be eaten up when they have to come up with the pension payments for the state workers.....

Then let's talk about the REAL cost of the Bullet Train now under construction in California! Engineers in the know are stating that cost estimates to drill the twenty odd miles of tunnels through California's fault lines have been grossly understated. They're putting the cost at 2 to 3 times the estimated cost. One more thing that liberal politicians have obligated the State to.

Budget surplus? That's amusing...

Yes we know who looks for the dark clouds and ignores the sun. How it just pains certain punks that Cali is kicking ass again. Bush's Great Recession was a stomach punch no doubt, but California is rapidly climbing out of that Republican disaster to lead the country again.

But for those of you who NEED to find misery in life, look no further than your front door.

There was indeed a recession when George W. Bush was in office. It turned into the "Great Recession" because under Barack Obama's leadership it became the worst recovery from a recession since the "Great Depression" back in the 1930's.

I'm happy for California that it's economy is finally looking up. Maintaining that there is some huge budget surplus when you've obligated yourself to pay massive amounts of money for State worker's retirement healthcare and a bullet train...with the true costs of both not being included in your calculations...is nothing more than self delusion however.

The GDP of California was 2.3 trillion dollars. Get back to us when you are a real state. California's surplus this year is 5.5 billion dollars.

which will be eaten up when they have to come up with the pension payments for the state workers.....

Then let's talk about the REAL cost of the Bullet Train now under construction in California! Engineers in the know are stating that cost estimates to drill the twenty odd miles of tunnels through California's fault lines have been grossly understated. They're putting the cost at 2 to 3 times the estimated cost. One more thing that liberal politicians have obligated the State to.

Yes we know who looks for the dark clouds and ignores the sun. How it just pains certain punks that Cali is kicking ass again. Bush's Great Recession was a stomach punch no doubt, but California is rapidly climbing out of that Republican disaster to lead the country again.

But for those of you who NEED to find misery in life, look no further than your front door.

There was indeed a recession when George W. Bush was in office. It turned into the "Great Recession" because under Barack Obama's leadership it became the worst recovery from a recession since the "Great Depression" back in the 1930's.

I'm happy for California that it's economy is finally looking up. Maintaining that there is some huge budget surplus when you've obligated yourself to pay massive amounts of money for State worker's retirement healthcare and a bullet train...with the true costs of both not being included in your calculations...is nothing more than self delusion however.

Yeah putting the Bush Great Recession on someone else, that is grand self-delusion.

• 64 percent of farms in Idaho did not collect subsidy payments - according to USDA.
Well its about time they show a surplus, with tax payers throwing money their way all them years, good for them, LOLOLOLOL

No, but it proves that federal aide regardless of how it was distributed contributes to its surplus, duh. The more you make the more the states take, correct?
How do we reign in subsidies?

Yeah putting the Bush Great Recession on someone else, that is grand self-delusion.

Trying to blame the worst recovery in modern economic history on a guy who's been sitting back in Texas for the past seven YEARS is grand self delusion, Isaac!

If you want to prove me wrong...tell me what Barack Obama's strategy is to fix the economy and create jobs...I don't think he's actually HAD a strategy to do either. Tell me who his Chief Economic Adviser is...and then explain why nobody in America knows his name!

"The most conservative state in the union will have 105m dollar surplus"

This fails as a confusion of correlation and causation fallacy.

California also has a budge surplus and it's among the more liberal states in the Union.

California's budget surplus soars to new heights; schools to benefit

California only has a budget surplus on paper because they don't take into account the unfunded liabilities that they are accumulating with costly State workers retirement health care costs...something that was given to those government workers by California liberals. If you figured in the cost of those benefits it comes out to about 1.8 billion per year. Whoops...your "surplus" just vanished!

I think if you'll look more closely you'll find that the liberal parts of California have fully funded local & state worker retirement, while conservative parts of the state have failed to fund their retirement plans. And by a lot. That's what I noticed a few years back When I looked into it

California also has a budge surplus and it's among the more liberal states in the Union.

California only has a budget surplus on paper because they don't take into account the unfunded liabilities that they are accumulating with costly State workers retirement health care costs...something that was given to those government workers by California liberals. If you figured in the cost of those benefits it comes out to about 1.8 billion per year. Whoops...your "surplus" just vanished!

I think if you'll look more closely you'll find that the liberal parts of California have fully funded local & state worker retirement, while conservative parts of the state have failed to fund their retirement plans. And by a lot. That's what I noticed a few years back When I looked into it

How does a "part" of a State fund something while another part of a State doesn't? Your claim makes no sense at all...

My point, was simply that if California had fully funded it's commitments to State worker retirement benefits, that they would not even come close to having a budget surplus. It's a huge amount of money that they've punted down the road but are still liable for.

How do we reign in subsidies?
Sugar subsidies in Idaho are paid for by tariffs on imported sugar.
Its zero sum.
So it doesn't cost the taxpayers anything. Some morons on this forum don't realize that

the people who live there?....just a guess...

its not fully funded.....

the people who live there?....just a guess...
Thank you. And the rest of the country that eats our potatoes and sugar beets.

Nice. In a state where you can live your entire life and never run into another human being, having barely any government can work just fine. What a refreshing thought. Good for them.

I'd like you to come visit Boise's Julia Davis Park on game day.
All my grandkids are BSU fans, As well as my son, and daughterinlaws family.
So I'll remember this. You'll know me cause I'm the one with the BYU sweatshirt on.

Remember, it's just a joke.

12074762_1015825825143216_3847290911166462231_n.jpg

Trying to blame the worst recovery in modern economic history on a guy who's been sitting back in Texas for the past seven YEARS is grand self delusion, Isaac!

If you want to prove me wrong...tell me what Barack Obama's strategy is to fix the economy and create jobs...I don't think he's actually HAD a strategy to do either. Tell me who his Chief Economic Adviser is...and then explain why nobody in America knows his name!

Yes and because 'time' has passed the Japanese didn't attack Pearl Harbor anymore.

Please rejoin reality.

Forum List

Back