The MODERN Case for Reparations

Do you really believe building more prisons is better than building more schools?
Hello, alang. Keeping it 100% Real.

When a large population of mostly single parent households encourage and allow their children to bully or harass other children for acting "too white", Schools are not the problem!

Peace ♥ EndHate
Sorry but my attention span is too short to view all that. If you have a point to make, make it yourself but I wonder about your sources. Where did you get a 'large population' from? Hopefully not from bitchute.com:

BitChute
QUESTIONABLE SOURCE A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news.
Bitchute is all the conservatives who have been banned or made unsearchable by YouTube.
And now you know why they were banned. You're welcome.
Because they're conservative.
YouTube has the right to ban them and 5 other sites have started and YouTube has so far lost about 9 million members with more to leave.
Sounds like a good, self-correcting system. Got an example of a conservative who was banned?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Do you really believe building more prisons is better than building more schools?

When a large population of mostly single parent households encourage and allow their children to bully or harass other children for acting "too white", Schools are not the problem!

Peace ♥ EndHate
Sorry but my attention span is too short to view all that. If you have a point to make, make it yourself but I wonder about your sources. Where did you get a 'large population' from? Hopefully not from bitchute.com:

BitChute
QUESTIONABLE SOURCE A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news.
Bitchute is all the conservatives who have been banned or made unsearchable by YouTube.
YouTube has the right to ban them and 5 other sites have started and YouTube has so far lost about 9 million members with more to leave.
Sounds like a good, self-correcting system. Got an example of a conservative who was banned?
Goto Bitchute and about 80% of those posters there were banned.

The other are now unsearchable on YouTube, such as...
The Legacy Media Begs You to Ignore the CCP Leak and Focus on Largely Mythical Russian Hacking - YouTube

I figure a great scientific mind such as yours would have had the inertia to check it out on your own.

Peace ♥ EndHate

BitChute

The Legacy Media Begs You to Ignore the CCP Leak and Focus on Largely Mythical Russian Hacking - YouTube

I figure a great scientific mind such as yours would have had the inertia to check it out on your own.
So I'm supposed to figure which 80% were banned from Bitchute or watch a video? I figured anyone who can kvetch like you would have a perfect example to provide. I'll wait.

1608492742401.png

Peace ♥ EndHate

BitChute

So I'm supposed to figure which 80% were banned from Bitchute or watch a video? I figured anyone who can kvetch like you would have a perfect example to provide. I'll wait.
The fact that everything anybody posts seems to befuddle you indicates you're not quite as world wise as you have us believe.

Peace ♥ EndHate

BitChute

The fact that everything anybody posts seems to befuddle you indicates you're not quite as world wise as you have us believe.
First you claimed that Bitchute is all the conservatives who have been banned, then you claimed it is only 80%. I do agree that one of us is befuddled.

Peace ♥ EndHate

BitChute

First you claimed that Bitchute is all the conservatives who have been banned, then you claimed it is only 80%. I do agree that one of us is befuddled.
I'm trying to confuse you and it's working.
It still doesn't take away from the fact that you seem confused, and need proof of, just about anything that's posted here.
It's like, "Uhhh...I need a Link!".
Seriously, if you're a teacher, get your head into the real world once in a while.

It still doesn't take away from the fact that you seem confused, and need proof of, just about anything that's posted here.
Seriously, if you're a teacher, get your head into the real world once in a while.
So you're trying to confuse me and then wonder why I want proof of what you say? You are in need of a teacher, unfortunately I'm not one. I prefer to think of myself as a student.

So you're trying to confuse me and then wonder why I want proof of what you say? You are in need of a teacher, unfortunately I'm not one. I prefer to think of myself as a student.
You have to check out more sites than USMB.

“What white Americans have never fully understood but what the Negro can never forget--is that white society is deeply implicated in the ghetto. White institutions created it, white institutions maintain it, and white society condones it. It is time now to turn with all the purpose at our command to the major unfinished business of this nation. It is time to adopt strategies for action that will produce quick and visible progress. It is time to make good the promises of American democracy to all citizens-urban and rural, white and black, Spanish-surname, American Indian, and every minority group.”1.

Ignoring that we have been focused on that for many generations.

"It's no secret that Jewish people were enslaved by Egyptian Pharaohs to do backbreaking labor building monuments and the pyramids. In the spirit of reparations, it would seem logical that Israel should demand reparations from Egypt to atone for their original sin. I believe this claim is every bit as valid as the current call for reparations for Black slavery in America. If you disagree, state clearly why Israel's claim would not be valid."

Silly season never ends in this forum. I know what is coming and it's going to be the same crazy from the same people.

The MODERN Case for Reparations Pt.1

“What white Americans have never fully understood but what the Negro can never forget--is that white society is deeply implicated in the ghetto. White institutions created it, white institutions maintain it, and white society condones it. It is time now to turn with all the purpose at our command to the major unfinished business of this nation. It is time to adopt strategies for action that will produce quick and visible progress. It is time to make good the promises of American democracy to all citizens-urban and rural, white and black, Spanish-surname, American Indian, and every minority group.”1.

Kerner Commission Report

. Now before I go any further, let us review some definitions from Merriam Webster.

Definition of fact: 1 a: something that has actual existence. b: an actual occurrence. 2: a piece of information presented as having objective reality. 3: the quality of being actual. 4: a thing done. b archaic: action. c obsolete: feat

Definition of opinion:1 a: a view, judgment, or appraisal formed in the mind about a particular matter. 2 a: belief stronger than impression and less strong than positive knowledge. b: a generally held view. 3 a: a formal expression of judgment or advice by an expert. b: the formal expression (as by a judge, court, or referee) of the legal reasons and principles upon which a legal decision is based.

Definition of delusion:1 a: something that is falsely or delusively believed or propagated. b psychology: a persistent false psychotic belief regarding the self or persons or objects outside the self that is maintained despite indisputable evidence to the contrary; also: the abnormal state marked by such beliefs. 2: the act of tricking or deceiving someone the state of being deluded.

Definition of empirical:1: originating in or based on observation or experience. 2: relying on experience or observation alone often without due regard for system and theory. 3: capable of being verified or disproved by observation or experiment. 4: of or relating to empiricism.

I present these definitions because so much of racism is based in delusions, yet it has been shown that if something is said often enough and not challenged, people will believe it whether true or not. This has been the foundation on which racism has been built. Consistently throughout this thread. you will be shown examples based on something that has actual existence, originating in or based on observation or experience, relying on experience or observation alone often without due regard for system and theory, and capable of being verified or disproved by observation or experience.

On July 28, 1967, President Lyndon Johnson established the National Advisory Commission on Civil Disorders. The more common name for this is The Kerner Commission. This commission was tasked to answer three basic questions pertaining to the racial unrest in American cities: What happened? Why did it happen? What can be done to prevent it from happening again? It is common knowledge how this commission deemed that two separate Americas existed, one for whites, the other for blacks.

On February 26, 2018, 50 years after the Kerner Commission findings, the Economic Policy Institute published a report evaluating the progress of the black community since the Kerner Report was released. It was based on a study done by the Economic Policy Institute that compared the progress of the black community with the condition of the black community at the time of the Kerner Commission. Titled “50 years after the Kerner Commission,” the study’s central premise was that there had been some improvements in the situation blacks faced but there were still disadvantages blacks faced that were based on race. These are some of the findings:

African Americans today are much better educated than they were in 1968 but still lag behind whites in overall educational attainment. More than 90 percent of younger African Americans (ages 25 to 29) have graduated from high school, compared with just over half in 1968—which means they’ve nearly closed the gap with white high school graduation rates. They are also more than twice as likely to have a college degree as in 1968 but are still half as likely as young whites to have a college degree.

The substantial progress in educational attainment of African Americans has been accompanied by significant absolute improvements in wages, incomes, wealth, and health since 1968. But black workers still make only 82.5 cents on every dollar earned by white workers, African Americans are 2.5 times as likely to be in poverty as whites, and the median white family has almost 10 times as much wealth as the median black family.

With respect to homeownership, unemployment, and incarceration, America has failed to deliver any progress for African Americans over the last five decades. In these areas, their situation has either failed to improve relative to whites or has worsened. In 2017 the black unemployment rate was 7.5 percent, up from 6.7 percent in 1968, and is still roughly twice the white unemployment rate. In 2015, the black homeownership rate was just over 40 percent, virtually unchanged since 1968, and trailing a full 30 points behind the white homeownership rate, which saw modest gains over the same period. And the share of African Americans in prison or jail almost tripled between 1968 and 2016 and is currently more than six times the white incarceration rate.2

Following up on this, Richard Rothstein of the Economic Policy Institute wrote an op ed published in the February 28th edition of the New York Daily News entitled, “50 years after the Kerner Commission, minimal racial progress.” It had been 50 years since the commission made their recommendations at that point, yet Rothstein makes this statement: “So little has changed since 1968 that the report remains worth reading as a near-contemporary description of racial inequality.”3 There is a reason little has changed.

The commission recommended solutions based on the following 3 principles: 1.“To mount programs on a scale equal to the dimension of the problems.” 2.”To aim these programs for high impact in the immediate future in order to close the gap between promise and performance.” 3.“To undertake new initiatives and experiments that can change the system of failure and frustration that now dominates the ghetto and weakens our society.”4

With all due respect, I do not believe the members of the commission truly understood the real size of the problem. As of today, principle number 1 has yet to be met. In order for a societal problem to be solved, there must be a will consensual among all to solve the problem by any means necessary. Not by a half measure here and a half measure there. Principle number 1 was to create programs equal to the dimension of the problem. That’s a laudable goal, but the dimension of the problem in 1967 was 191 years of denied income, education, housing and wages. What series of programs could be proposed to a nation where half the people believed that “Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice?”

As a result of this study the commission identified 12 `grievances common in the communities they visited: “1. Police practices 2. Unemployment and underemployment 3. Inadequate housing. 4. Inadequate education 5. Poor recreation facilities and programs 6. Ineffectiveness of the political structure and grievance mechanisms. 7. Disrespectful white attitudes 8. Discriminatory administration of justice 9. Inadequacy of federal programs 10. Inadequacy of municipal services 11. Discriminatory consumer and credit practices 12. Inadequate welfare programs.”6

Americans would be hard pressed to say the grievances presented by the commission do not still exist. Martin Luther King called it over 50 years ago. “A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.” Had Johnson spent the billions he wasted in Vietnam on programs suggested by the Kerner Commission, many of the problems blacks face today would be reduced or eliminated. The Kerner Commission report is perhaps the finest government study done on race in the history of this nation. As I wrote earlier, there is a reason why Rothstein came to his conclusion. We are now more than 50 years past the Kerner Commission findings. There has been little progress because at no level of government or society has America met even the first principle of the Kerner Commission.

“To mount programs on a scale equal to the dimension of the problems.”
This was 1968 and the second study that concluded: So little has changed since 1968 that the report remains worth reading as a near-contemporary description of racial inequality.” was done in 2018. Reparations are not about slavery.

Report of the National Advisory Commission on Civil Disorders (New York: Bantam Books, 1968), pg.1. http://www.eisenhowerfoundation.org/docs/kerner.pdf

Janelle Jones, John Schmitt, Valerie Wilson, “50 years after the Kerner Commission,” Economic Policy Institute, February 26, 2018, 50 years after the Kerner Commission: African Americans are better off in many ways but are still disadvantaged by racial inequality

Richard Rothstein, “50 years after the Kerner Commission, minimal racial progress.”, New York Daily News, February 28, 2018

Report of the National Advisory Commission on Civil Disorders (New York: Bantam Books, 1968), pg.2. http://www.eisenhowerfoundation.org/docs/kerner.pdf

Report of the National Advisory Commission on Civil Disorders (New York: Bantam Books, 1968), pg.7. http://www.eisenhowerfoundation.org/docs/kerner.pdf

Report of the National Advisory Commission on Civil Disorders (New York: Bantam Books, 1968), pg.7. http://www.eisenhowerfoundation.org/docs/kerner.pdf

Report of the National Advisory Commission on Civil Disorders (New York: Bantam Books, 1968), pg.9. http://www.eisenhowerfoundation.org/docs/kerner.pdf

Lester Graham, The Kerner Commission, and why its recommendations were ignored, Detroit Journalism Cooperative, The Kerner Commission, and why its recommendations were ignored | Detroit Journalism Cooperative

Additional readings:

National Research Council 1989. A Common Destiny: Blacks and American Society. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press. A Common Destiny: Blacks and American Society | The National Academies Press.

Gunnar Myrdal, Richard Sterner, Arnold Rose, An American dilemma : the Negro problem and modern democracy, First edition, New York : London, Harper & Brothers, [c1944] https://ia800503.us.archive.org/32/...ndModernDemocracy/AmericanDelemmaVersion2.pdf
Which is why most people who come here from South of the Border go to school, study and have their own businesses.

The modern se for REPARATIONS is simple. Round up every person who has any guilt in pushing or supporting race-based Affirmative Action discrimination, fine them for every cent they've got, and split the money up among all white people (and some Asians), excluding those whites who bear Affirmative Action guilt.
lol

Peace ♥ EndHate

BitChute

Hello, alang. WADR, sadly I am not surprised a person revealing he or she has a short attention span is unfamiliar with America's large, divisive, IN YOUR FACE, emotionally troubled, FEMALE dominated, Child Neglecting, NO SNITCHING, Segregation minded, Intra-Racial Discrimination practicing ProBlack/BLM community:

Again with all due respect, I am amazed people with short attention spans believe they have the skills or facts required to engage in a cogent discussion about whatever topic they choose to become involved in...when in fact people with short attention spans generally just waste other people's time, and in most cases are not SOLUTIONS oriented people.

alang, wishing you a Safe, Happy Holiday

#StopChildAbuse
#EndIntraRacialDiscrimination

EDswU02WsAAvooA.jpg
ETYQRkaX0AMoxk8.jpg
EPH8FL5XsAAHzsu.jpg

☮️♥️ EndHate

Attachments

• ED10ICfXYAYfa0d.jpg
    ED10ICfXYAYfa0d.jpg
    462.9 KB · Views: 53
It seems that most whites here really don't have a clue. It's because as Dr. Carol Anderson states:

The second key maneuver, which flowed naturally from the first, was to redefine racism itself. Confronted with civil rights headlines depicting unflattering portrayals of KKK rallies and jackbooted sheriffs, white authority transformed those damning images of white supremacy into the sole definition of racism. This simple but wickedly brilliant conceptual and linguistic shift served multiple purposes. First and foremost, it was conscience soothing. The whittling down of racism to sheet-wearing goons allowed a cloud of racial innocence to cover many whites who, although 'resentful of black progress' and determined to ensure that racial inequality remained untouched, could see and project themselves as the 'kind of upstanding white citizen(s)' who were 'positively outraged at the tactics of the Ku Klux Klan". The focus on the Klan also helped to designate racism as an individual aberration rather than something systemic, institutional and pervasive.”

Carol Anderson, White Rage: The Unspoken Truth of Our Racial Divide
So while we hear the same repeated ignorance, what we know from this ignorance is that those making to silly comments believing they are doing something, have not studied the reality of racism That's because they don't have to be concerned about it no matter how much they whine because schools are no longer keeping secret what was done in this country.

As this thread is about the modern case for reparation, some stern realities are going to be shown. We have seen the ignorant deny the facts of the Kerner Commission. Another fool tried dismissing the reality of forced slave breeding by whites for profit that turned 400,000 Africans into 4 million Black American slaves thereby debunking the excuse of Africans selling all the slaves to whites.

So having said this:

The MODERN Case for Reparations Pt. 2

Structural racism and myocardial infarction in the United States.

There is a growing research literature suggesting that racism is an important risk factor undermining the health of Blacks in the United States. Racism can take many forms, ranging from interpersonal interactions to institutional/structural conditions and practices. Existing research, however, tends to focus on individual forms of racial discrimination using self-report measures. Far less attention has been paid to whether structural racism may disadvantage the health of Blacks in the United States.

The current study addresses gaps in the existing research by using novel measures of structural racism and by explicitly testing the hypothesis that structural racism is a risk factor for myocardial infarction among Blacks in the United States. State-level indicators of structural racism included four domains: (1) political participation; (2) employment and job status; (3) educational attainment; and (4) judicial treatment. State-level racial disparities across these domains were proposed to represent the systematic exclusion of Blacks from resources and mobility in society.

Data on past-year myocardial infarction were obtained from the National Epidemiologic Survey on Alcohol and Related Conditions (non-Hispanic Black: N = 8245; non-Hispanic White: N = 24,507), a nationally representative survey of the U.S. civilian, non-institutionalized population aged 18 and older. Models were adjusted for individual-level confounders (age, sex, education, household income, medical insurance) as well as for state-level disparities in poverty.

Results indicated that Blacks living in states with high levels of structural racism were generally more likely to report past-year myocardial infarction than Blacks living in low-structural racism states. Conversely, Whites living in high structural racism states experienced null or lower odds of myocardial infarction compared to Whites living in low-structural racism states. These results raise the provocative possibility that structural racism may not only harm the targets of stigma but also benefit those who wield the power to enact stigma and discrimination.

Structural racism and myocardial infarction in the United States. - Abstract - Europe PMC

Basically this says that white racism literally destroys the hearts of black people and whites who practice or ignore the racism are less likely to have the same problem. This article was written in 2014, meaning that racism practiced by whites today are creating serious and negative health outcomes including premature death by cardiac related issues. Reparations are for more than slavery.

Again with all due respect, I am amazed people with short attention spans believe they have the skills or facts required to engage in a cogent discussion about whatever topic they choose to become involved in...when in fact people with short attention spans generally just waste other people's time, and in most cases are not SOLUTIONS oriented people.

alang, wishing you a Safe, Happy Holiday
I guess I should have been more honest and said I don't like people wasting my time giving me other people's opinions. My bad. If someone has some pertinent facts I'm all ears but I didn't see any in your very colorful images. If there were any solutions there I guess they were too well camouflaged.

Hope you and your family have a great holiday.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Forum List

Back