The Middle Class Myth,Here's why wages are REALLY so low today

hail obama and other marxist collectivists for that.

The bulk of our manufacturing jobs were lost long before Obama took office. Did you bother reading the article? America has been in decline for years, due to the policies of both parties.

Yes through far left policies that drove them out of business or out of the country.

The industry that helped build the nation was slowly dismantled by the far left, even though it was put in place by a highly revered Democrat, FDR.
Was Reagan, Bush I and Clinton ramping up free trade that outsourced our manufacturing jobs a "far left" policy?

The bulk of our manufacturing jobs were lost long before Obama took office. Did you bother reading the article? America has been in decline for years, due to the policies of both parties.

Yes through far left policies that drove them out of business or out of the country.

The industry that helped build the nation was slowly dismantled by the far left, even though it was put in place by a highly revered Democrat, FDR.
Was Reagan, Bush I and Clinton ramping up free trade that outsourced our manufacturing jobs a "far left" policy?

We have free trade with China? When did that happen?

It happened when there goods come practically in for free
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So, what has the GOP done to address the trade deficit with China, considering they tariff our goods(What we have left anyways thanks to Ronnie, Bush I and Clinton offshoring them) to the hilt?

He's a know it all and bully who takes over every damn thread

This article is not taking into account the economy we have today. Ambition goes a long way, but it only goes so far in today's economy. The average fast food worker is 29 years old. To suggest it is just whiney teenagers who want higher wages is completely outdated. It isn't just skill that warrants higher pay. It is productivity. Productivity has skyrocketed since the 30s yet all income gains have gone to the very wealthy. That is the issue at hand. I agree $15 an hour is asking a lot, but more than likely these protesters are starting high so they can settle on a wage a few bucks more than what they make now once the negotiations are over. Fast food profits are at an all time high. They can afford to pay a living wage.

And then the person taking the orders will be replaced with a touchscreen menu. Half the workforce at fast food restraints will be eliminated.

Ironic how the drop in unemployment in obama's economy has been due to older fast food workers.

The American consumer has become irrelevant to the major manufacturers and retailers.

Walmart has 404 stores in China and they are planning on opening another 110.
Walmart Corporate - Walmart Locations Around the World - China
Walmart to open 110 new stores in China - FT.com

That's just ONE example. Don't get me started on smartphones. Major companies used to rely solely on the American consumer, very much in the mode of how Henry Ford operated: He wanted to build a product that his own employees could afford. That is how it used to be. Now workers here get shit hours and pay because neither the employee or the consumer within our domestic borders matters anymore. [/B]

so what?

why should I read salon?
you want me to read communist.com as well?

This article is not taking into account the economy we have today. Ambition goes a long way, but it only goes so far in today's economy. The average fast food worker is 29 years old. To suggest it is just whiney teenagers who want higher wages is completely outdated. It isn't just skill that warrants higher pay. It is productivity. Productivity has skyrocketed since the 30s yet all income gains have gone to the very wealthy. That is the issue at hand. I agree $15 an hour is asking a lot, but more than likely these protesters are starting high so they can settle on a wage a few bucks more than what they make now once the negotiations are over. Fast food profits are at an all time high. They can afford to pay a living wage.

And then the person taking the orders will be replaced with a touchscreen menu. Half the workforce at fast food restraints will be eliminated.

Ironic how the drop in unemployment in obama's economy has been due to older fast food workers.

That's the Obama economy for you right there. All those quality cashier jobs.

So, what has the GOP done to address the trade deficit with China, considering they tariff our goods(What we have left anyways thanks to Ronnie, Bush I and Clinton offshoring them) to the hilt?

Free Trade Agreements | Office of the United States Trade Representative

There is a link to who the US does free trade with, but I don't see China on that list.

I guess you mean NAFTA and the fact the far left loves it?

The reason is there's always something good enough on tv to prevent the poor prolls from taking to the streets and putting suit-wearing types heads on pikes. :)

Wanna cause revolution? Knock out cable tv. Whoa nelly. :)

Last edited:

He's a know it all and bully who takes over every damn thread

Well the far left does that very well, they dominate message boards with their propaganda. Notice which threads they decide to contribute on or start.

The reason is there's always something good enough on tv to prevent the poor prolls from taking to the streets and putting suit-wearing types heads on pikes. :)

Thanks to the far left propaganda which often dominates the "news" casts and Hollywood elitists.

"So long as they (the Proles) continued to work and breed, their other activities were without importance. Left to themselves, like cattle turned loose upon the plains of Argentina, they had reverted to a style of life that appeared to be natural to them, a sort of ancestral pattern...Heavy physical work, the care of home and children, petty quarrels with neighbors, films, football, beer and above all, gambling filled up the horizon of their minds. To keep them in control was not difficult." - George Orwell (1984)

Thanks to the far left propaganda which often dominates the "news" casts and Hollywood elitists.

Kinda ya. I think all the violent movies coming from Hollywood defuse and absorb revlutionary energy. Without it, the 99% would seize power.

Free Trade Agreements | Office of the United States Trade Representative

There is a link to who the US does free trade with, but I don't see China on that list.

I guess you mean NAFTA and the fact the far left loves it?

That's because we have free trade one way, a free flow of Chinese goods killing American jobs and undermining the American worker.

China wouldn't be so stupid as to commit national suicide by allowing American goods to flow into their nation for free.

NAFTA has nothing to do with China.

Do you oppose NAFTA? Are you admitting free trade(free markets) fail? Free markets are far left now?

Capitalism kills American jobs by outsourcing labor to lower-wage nations. If you support capitalism, you support outsourcing. Complaining about business making profit by outsourcing is hypocritical and disingenuous.

Capitalism kills American jobs by outsourcing labor to lower-wage nations. If you support capitalism, you support outsourcing. Complaining about business making profit by outsourcing is hypocritical and disingenuous.

Yep.

so what?

why should I read salon?
you want me to read communist.com as well?

Vox is scared of facts that haven't been pre-distorted by Foxnews and Hate AM.

Most Favored Nation MFN kosh. Signed by Bill Clinton who you would probably say is a member of the far left. When it comes to deindustrializing America, both parties are guilty. Obama's completed trade deals started by Bush and is trying to push another one right now to be fast tracked with little or no debate.

Last edited:
So much wealth and control is locked up in the hands of the 1% that full recovery is just not possible without their full cooperation, we do not have it. They no longer need us as a workforce and barely need us as consumers. The old partnership between the ownership class and the working class is long dead. Makes me wonder why many still think we need to offer them more tax breaks and incentives to create good jobs when they like us underpaid and desperate for anything that keeps to roof over our heads.

The American consumer has become irrelevant to the major manufacturers and retailers.

That's just ONE example. Don't get me started on smartphones. Major companies used to rely solely on the American consumer, very much in the mode of how Henry Ford operated: He wanted to build a product that his own employees could afford. That is how it used to be. Now workers here get shit hours and pay because neither the employee or the consumer within our domestic borders matters anymore. [/B]

Jesus, I can't believe how stupid some people are on this board. Outsourcing was going strong in the 1980s. By the early 1990s I had U.S. clients who were desperately trying to obtain project management contracts for the manufacturing sector that had moved into Asia. They had lost their jobs stateside. Do you have NO CONCEPT of the last 40 years in this country?

Jesus, I can't believe how stupid some people are on this board. Outsourcing was going strong in the 1980s. By the early 1990s I had U.S. clients who were desperately trying to obtain project management contracts for the manufacturing sector that had moved into Asia. They had lost their jobs stateside. Do you have NO CONCEPT of the last 40 years in this country? [/B]

Jesus Christ, the leftards are idiots and think everybody just buys their newest talking point memo about outsourcing being the cause of economic misery, not strangulation of the small business by the hated gubmint, which is on steroids the last 5 years.

Keep overtaxing and over-regulating small business, as obama admin has done - and you will end up with NO JOBS at all.

And nobody to tax.

Forum List

Back