The media is the enemy of America and the American people

MacTheKnife

Gold Member
Jul 20, 2018
The inescapable fact that the past 2 yrs have revealed about our MSM is that after all is said and done....it is crystal clear they have done everything they possibly could to impair the ability of a legally elected President to accomplish anything.....anything at all.

It is not like we live in a vacuum in the world where the only thing that matters is whether or not Trump may have colluded with the Russians(which of course has been proven to be false) and we should ignore such things as the emerging military threat of China, the N. Korean nuclear problem, the huge, huge immigration problem etc. etc. and so on and so forth.

With all the problems and potential problems that any President faces.....should we tolerate a major political party colluding with the media to hamstring a duly elected president?

I think the FCC should be seriously taking notes about tv ,print and social media and the ramifications of their biased reporting. Perhaps Those who claim to be a straight reporter without leanings should carry the label "NEWS" in the right hand upper corner and those that have biases should have the label "OPINION, not to be CONFUSED as NEWS"

I think the FCC should be seriously taking notes about tv ,print and social media and the ramifications of their biased reporting. Perhaps Those who claim to be a straight reporter without leanings should carry the label "NEWS" in the right hand upper corner and those that have biases should have the label "OPINION, not to be CONFUSED as NEWS"

I noticed CNN has had a huge drop in their revenue....because of declining viewers........that is the first thing needed....folks awaken and refusing to watch the propaganda.

No doubts the press conspired with the Democrat Party to rid themselves of President Trump, MacTheKnife, but unfortunately they used false witness to do it..

I have good memories of watching true journalists reporting the news as it happened. I do not have many recollections of reporters telling people how to think, letting the facts of the news speak for themselves. Then came Watergate, and while I didn't like what happened either, I didn't like the chest-thumping circus that went on after Nixon resigned, because I was a little wary that something was going on since other politicians had done less than wonderful things, too, and the Press left them alone. Like Chappaquiddick in 1969. There was no memorable press outrage that would have satisfied me if I had been Mary Jo Kopechne's mother, and Edward Kennedy walked even when he left the scene for quite some time after the accident. Well, he got a suspended sentence for 2 months in jail and his driver's license suspended for a while.

If it's a Democrat, the story gets buried, suspended sentence (like Smollett's)

If it's a Republican (like Trump) he must be guilty even though the FBI said he did not collude.

The Democrats like Hillary who lashed out at America to bring about this false case scenario will probably all be given suspended sentences, but they beat up the Republicans who did far less than colluding with Russians. Not one single lying Democrat ever has to pay a price for wrongdoing, but if it's a Republican, they demand life sentences for putting the wrong colors on the goalpost, for pete's sakes.

The inescapable fact that the past 2 yrs have revealed about our MSM is that after all is said and done....it is crystal clear they have done everything they possibly could to impair the ability of a legally elected President to accomplish anything.....anything at all.

It is not like we live in a vacuum in the world where the only thing that matters is whether or not Trump may have colluded with the Russians(which of course has been proven to be false) and we should ignore such things as the emerging military threat of China, the N. Korean nuclear problem, the huge, huge immigration problem etc. etc. and so on and so forth.

With all the problems and potential problems that any President faces.....should we tolerate a major political party colluding with the media to hamstring a duly elected president?

Republicans are the enemy of the middle class. The media is corporate owned and controlled by the wealthy. It’s not liberal.

Republicans are the enemy of the middle class. The media is corporate owned and controlled by the wealthy. It’s not liberal.

There is little if any evidence that the wealthy owners of the media, use their power to influence the news towards a "not liberal" perspective,

and plenty of evidence that the media is extremely liberal, in the modern usage of the word.

The GOP is the middle class.

The media IS corporate owned and it IS controlled by the wealthy, wealthy progressives. It is most definitely progressive. Perhaps you are using the classical definition of "liberal".

The problem is that it's not a free press, it's a corporate monopolized press. That, and there's no penalties for publishing falsehoods anymore.

Back in the day, they'd get sued for libel/slander.

There is little if any evidence that the wealthy owners of the media, use their power to influence the news towards a "not liberal" perspective,

and plenty of evidence that the media is extremely liberal, in the modern usage of the word.
There is plenty of evidence you choose to ignore.

I've told you this before they may appear liberal on social issues but they do that on purpose to divide us.

I am a liberal and the media isn't speaking for me. Not when it comes to income inequality so cut the shit.

For example, the "liberal" media never talks about illegal employers. A liberal media would. The fact that the media doesn't is evidence it's not liberal. So stop the bullshit. You are smarter than that. The media is owned and controlled by the rich to control us. That's why they got Bill Clinton to deregulate it in the 90's. You'd have to be stupid not to believe their goal was to own/control the media. I know you aren't stupid so stop it.

Reclaiming the Issues: "It's an Illegal Employer Problem"

The GOP is the middle class.

The media IS corporate owned and it IS controlled by the wealthy, wealthy progressives. It is most definitely progressive. Perhaps you are using the classical definition of "liberal".

No. I'm talking about such examples as

a. How did the media report the TARP? Did they tell us that we got hosed? No. They helped sell us on the bank bailout. We all know TARP was bullshit.

b. The Trump tax breaks that benefit mostly the rich. Hardly a peep on that.

c. Best evidence is how they didn't report that Bush lied us into Iraq when we all knew he did.

d. Their coverage of how exactly Republicans were obstructed Obama all 8 years.

e. Oil spills and global warming. A liberal press would educate the public on how the Republicans are just shills for big oil and big polluters.

f. Reporting on gerrymandering. I don't see it.

g. When's the last time you saw a story about how the middle class or workers are doing? It's always about wallstreet and how corporations are doing.

h. The media doesn't point out each time Trump lies and/or is a hypocrite. Remember Trump said the jobs numbers weren't real but now he says they are?

How Corporate Power Killed Democracy

According to Republicans, knowledge is the enemy of America. But didn’t we know that about Republicans already?
Republicans don’t believe in stupid in just one thing. They went that across the board. Politics, education, evolution, vaccines, it just goes on and on.

In my opinion, stupid is not better.

I've told you this before they may appear liberal on social issues but they do that on purpose to divide us.

I am a liberal and the media isn't speaking for me. Not when it comes to income inequality so cut the shit.

For example, the "liberal" media never talks about illegal employers. A liberal media would. The fact that the media doesn't is evidence it's not liberal. So stop the bullshit. You are smarter than that. The media is owned and controlled by the rich to control us. That's why they got Bill Clinton to deregulate it in the 90's. You'd have to be stupid not to believe their goal was to own/control the media. I know you aren't stupid so stop it.

Your point about the media not discussing illegal employers is fair.

But, there is an alternative explanation for the situation you describe. The lack of reporting on the illegal employers could simply be because the liberals in question don't see illegal immigration as a bad thing, and thus don't WANT to discuss it.

But, there is an alternative explanation for the situation you describe. The lack of reporting on the illegal employers could simply be because the liberals in question don't see illegal immigration as a bad thing, and thus don't WANT to discuss it.

Then they aren't liberals. They are corporations. And corporations don't care about being socially responsible. And raising taxes on the wealthy and corporations doesn't interest corporations.

Most Republicans are RINO's and most Democrats are corporate sellouts or DINOs.

Let me give you another example. Remember the BP oil spill? The corporations controlled how the story was reported. It certainly wasn't reported in a liberal way. Why? Because BP advertises on TV.

A crude oil spill during Hurricane Katrina in 2005. A coal ash spill in Tennessee in 2008. The BP oil spill in 2010.In all three cases, the companies responsible for these environmental calamities turned to the same Arkansas-based consulting firm, the Center for Toxicology and Environmental Health, to monitor air and water quality and chemical exposure in workers.

In each case, CTEH was found to have either incorrectly handled data collection or downplayed the risks of exposure to toxic chemicals. But the companies used CTEH’s data to reassure people that the spilled chemicals posed little risk to public health.

Earlier in the week, ITC had said that its air quality testing data showed conditions “below levels” that would raise health concerns, even as residents near the fire complained of nosebleeds, headaches, and irritated throats.

In the last two decades, CTEH has come under fire for its work in high-profile environmental contamination cases across the country. In 2005, a storage tank at a Murphy Oil refinery in Louisiana released more than 25,000 barrels of crude oil into floodwaters. The spill affected roughly 1,700 homes in the New Orleans suburb of Chalmette, and Murphy Oil hired CTEH to conduct soil testing. But instead of following the EPA’s instructions on collecting samples, so the agency could verify CTEH’s readings, the firm mixed samples taken at different times from the same site. It also contaminated samples by bagging soil from different locations together. Murphy Oil then used CTEH’s test results to persuade residents not to sue the company.

In 2008, the Tennessee Valley Authority hired the consulting firm after coal ash from its Kingston Fossil plant in Roane County, Tennessee, spilled into the Emory River. An EPA audit later found that CTEH used inaccurate monitoring methods to survey air quality.

Two years later, BP hired the company to serve as the primary monitor for its offshore workers, collecting health and chemical exposure data in the aftermath of the Deepwater Horizon spill. The company would only provide aggregated data and the complete dataset was not made available to federal regulators, which prompted lawmakers to urge BP to stop working with CTEH. The company has a history, the legislators wrote, “of releasing findings defending the corporate interests that employ them.”

Does the media report on this? No. I have to find this on Mother Jones of HuffPo. Sources you won't even accept as real sources. So you know what a liberal source really is right?

Without the media the Dems are powerless.
That's why the DOJ needs to issue search warrants and indictments for espionage and criminal conspiracy under RICO statutes dealing with organized crime. If the press cannot be trusted the the FCC needs to clamp down on them as well.

Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act

United States Federal Law

The Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act, commonly referred to as the RICO Act or simply RICO, is a United States federal law that provides for extended criminal penalties and a civil cause of action for acts performed as part of an ongoing criminal organization. The RICO Act focuses specifically on racketeering and allows the leaders of a syndicate to be tried for the crimes they ordered others to do or assisted them in doing, closing a perceived loophole that allowed a person who instructed someone else to, for example, murder, to be exempt from the trial because they did not actually commit the crime personally.​

Without the media the Dems are powerless.
That's why the DOJ needs to issue search warrants and indictments for espionage and criminal conspiracy under RICO statutes dealing with organized crime. If the press cannot be trusted the the FCC needs to clamp down on them as well.

Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act

United States Federal Law

The Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act, commonly referred to as the RICO Act or simply RICO, is a United States federal law that provides for extended criminal penalties and a civil cause of action for acts performed as part of an ongoing criminal organization. The RICO Act focuses specifically on racketeering and allows the leaders of a syndicate to be tried for the crimes they ordered others to do or assisted them in doing, closing a perceived loophole that allowed a person who instructed someone else to, for example, murder, to be exempt from the trial because they did not actually commit the crime personally.

Absollutely..............action needs to be taken to insure that our media reports the truth to the best of their ability....and they should be held liable for fake news, spinning the news, distoritng the news, and most especially using their news organizations as a political tool for the democrats....when 90% of the news has been documented as biased anti-Trump propaganda...action to remedy that must be taken....we must restore the credibility of our msm and the onlly way to do that is to penalize them when they lie, when they spin the news for political reasons, when they engage in political correctness and when they demonstrate consistent bias.

Then they aren't liberals. They are corporations. And corporations don't care about being socially responsible. And raising taxes on the wealthy and corporations doesn't interest corporations.

Most Republicans are RINO's and most Democrats are corporate sellouts or DINOs.

Let me give you another example. Remember the BP oil spill? The corporations controlled how the story was reported. It certainly wasn't reported in a liberal way. Why? Because BP advertises on TV.

A crude oil spill during Hurricane Katrina in 2005. A coal ash spill in Tennessee in 2008. The BP oil spill in 2010.In all three cases, the companies responsible for these environmental calamities turned to the same Arkansas-based consulting firm, the Center for Toxicology and Environmental Health, to monitor air and water quality and chemical exposure in workers.

In each case, CTEH was found to have either incorrectly handled data collection or downplayed the risks of exposure to toxic chemicals. But the companies used CTEH’s data to reassure people that the spilled chemicals posed little risk to public health.

Earlier in the week, ITC had said that its air quality testing data showed conditions “below levels” that would raise health concerns, even as residents near the fire complained of nosebleeds, headaches, and irritated throats.

In the last two decades, CTEH has come under fire for its work in high-profile environmental contamination cases across the country. In 2005, a storage tank at a Murphy Oil refinery in Louisiana released more than 25,000 barrels of crude oil into floodwaters. The spill affected roughly 1,700 homes in the New Orleans suburb of Chalmette, and Murphy Oil hired CTEH to conduct soil testing. But instead of following the EPA’s instructions on collecting samples, so the agency could verify CTEH’s readings, the firm mixed samples taken at different times from the same site. It also contaminated samples by bagging soil from different locations together. Murphy Oil then used CTEH’s test results to persuade residents not to sue the company.

In 2008, the Tennessee Valley Authority hired the consulting firm after coal ash from its Kingston Fossil plant in Roane County, Tennessee, spilled into the Emory River. An EPA audit later found that CTEH used inaccurate monitoring methods to survey air quality.

Two years later, BP hired the company to serve as the primary monitor for its offshore workers, collecting health and chemical exposure data in the aftermath of the Deepwater Horizon spill. The company would only provide aggregated data and the complete dataset was not made available to federal regulators, which prompted lawmakers to urge BP to stop working with CTEH. The company has a history, the legislators wrote, “of releasing findings defending the corporate interests that employ them.”

Does the media report on this? No. I have to find this on Mother Jones of HuffPo. Sources you won't even accept as real sources. So you know what a liberal source really is right?

1. Sorry, you don't get to disown liberals that you dislike, any more than I get to disown conservatives that I don't like.

2. Fair point about the CTEH,(assuming the truth of your claim) but that could just be incompetence on the part of the media. There are plenty of examples of the media actively lying in pursuit of liberal goals, such as the lie about Trump saying that some white supremacists are very fine people.

According to Republicans, knowledge is the enemy of America. But didn’t we know that about Republicans already?
Republicans don’t believe in stupid in just one thing. They went that across the board. Politics, education, evolution, vaccines, it just goes on and on.

In my opinion, stupid is not better.

You know Republicans are right about the media is the enemy of the people. Has been since 1996

Telecommunications Act of 1996 - Wikipedia

Forum List

Back