The Left's Enduring Charlottesville Lie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terri4Trump

Gold Member
Jun 22, 2019
California
ME: Out of the four years of lies and propaganda we have heard from fake news CNN and the rest of fake news, this is ion the top five biggies. Soon I will do a series on the biggest lies told about Trump. This is one of them:

The Left's Enduring Charlottesville Lie | Dan O'Donnell | News/Talk 1130 WISN

QUOTE: Whenever Democrats want to blame President Trump for an act of white supremacist violence such as the horrific attack in New Zealand or the imagined attack on Jussie Smollett in Chicago, they and their allies in the national news media invariably cite his statements in the wake of the deadly riot in Charlottesville, Virginia.
"President Trump called white supremacists 'very fine people!'" they shriek.
Only he didn't. He actually said the exact opposite.

We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides, on many sides. It's been going on for a long time in our country. Not Donald Trump, not Barack Obama, this has been going on for a long, long time. It has no place in America. What is vital now is a swift restoration of law and order and the protection of innocent lives. No citizen should ever fear for their safety and security in our society. And no child should ever be afraid to go outside and play or be with their parents and have a good time.
The President's inclusion of the phrase "on many sides" immediately set off a media feeding frenzy. Even though violent members of Antifa had joined with those peacefully protesting the "Unite the Right" rally and had sparked physical altercations with the white supremacists attending the rally, Trump critics immediately pounced on what they considered to be equivocation........

Keep reading: The Left's Enduring Charlottesville Lie | Dan O'Donnell | News/Talk 1130 WISN

• Banned
QUOTE: CNN's Don Lemon, while covering a story on the recent mass shootings in New Zealand, said, "Nobody has forgotten -- nobody has forgotten -- what he [Trump] said after that deadly white supremacist riot in Charlottesville." Lemon played an edited clip of Trump saying: "You also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group -- excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did." Similarly, Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel referred to Trump's Charlottesville response to blame him for the Jussie Smollett hoax. Emanuel said: "The only reason Jussie Smollett thought he could take advantage of a hoax about a hate crime is for the environment -- the toxic environment -- that Donald Trump created. This is a president who drew a moral equivalency between people who are trying to perpetuate bigotry and those who are trying to fight bigotry. ... When you go back to Virginia, this is a person who said, and I quote, 'There are good people on both sides.'"

The problem is that Trump said no such thing.

In his widely misquoted press conference three days after Charlottesville, Trump said there were "very fine people" on "both sides" of the issue of whether it is appropriate to display Confederate monuments in pubic locations. Here is what Trump said: "Excuse me, they didn't put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group -- excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name." In case there was any doubt, Trump, in response to another question, said, "I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally" (emphasis added).

The question becomes, Why are so many Democrats and members of the media seemingly unaware of what Trump really said? Many know exactly what Trump said and what he meant. But the lie serves a purpose. It advances the Trump-is-racist narrative.

source: The Trump-Charlottesville 'Moral Equivalency' Lie the Left Keeps Telling | RealClearPolitics

The left is mentally bankrupt.....

The scum bags use made up racism to suppress the truth that they can’t dispel otherwise.

It’s saul alinsky oldest trick in the book.

The peaceful, permit holding protesters, known as White Supremacists by the rabid left, wanted to exercise their first amendment right but were attacked by an antifa flash mob of bigots who were unable to accept any differing opinions. The antifa anarchists went there looking for trouble and they got it. Trump was right, there was wrong on both sides. Personally, I blame antifa more than the permit holding protesters.

The peaceful, permit holding protesters, known as White Supremacists by the rabid left, wanted to exercise their first amendment right but were attacked by an antifa flash mob of bigots who were unable to accept any differing opinions. The antifa anarchists went there looking for trouble and they got it. Trump was right, there was wrong on both sides. Personally, I blame antifa more than the permit holding protesters.

Many of them were thugs hired via Craig's List ads by Democratic Party sponsored 'activists' and they went specifically to create violence and commit criminal assaults. They also still call for assassinating white police officers, too, the media just blacks out that news to help them out.

You are pretty much correct. Here is the bottom line, and what Trump was talking about:

You had an issue: Statues being torn down.

On both sides of the issue you had good every-day Americans (including blacks like Condi Rice and Herman Cain who did not want the statues torn down). This is what Trump meant when he correctly said you had good people on both sides.

Now, enter the hate groups. The Nazis hooked their claws into one sides of the argument, and the Antifa (who are every bit just as evil) hooked their claws into the other side. This is who Trump spoke of when he rightly condemned that hate on both sides.

Next comes that fake news and their leftwing lies. Their spin? "Trump says Nazis are good people", an obvious lie. This is what we correctly mean when we say Fake News CNN, NBC and the rest are the enemy of the people, because they lie and foment hate and violence.

I would be a happy girl if just one Democrat here can be honest and admit this is true, and that the media lied about what Trump said. Is there one honest Democrat here? I am just looking for one, thats all.

I don't lie.

Here's your chance to prove it.

Last edited:
).

The question becomes, Why are so many Democrats and members of the media seemingly unaware of what Trump really said? Many know exactly what Trump said and what he meant. But the lie serves a purpose. It advances the Trump-is-racist narrative.

source: The Trump-Charlottesville 'Moral Equivalency' Lie the Left Keeps Telling | RealClearPolitics

I know what he said. I watched him say it live. I don't need to listen to anyone else's interpretation. I think that's where you're confusion comes into play.

What he said about 'very fine people' on that day, combined with how he has talked about people and countries of different races tells me that Trump is a vile evil racist. Period. No amount of spin will change that.

Looks like a pig, smells like a pig.......

).

I know what he said. I watched him say it live. I don't need to listen to anyone else's interpretation. I think that's where you're confusion comes into play.

What he said about 'very fine people' on that day, combined with how he has talked about people and countries of different races tells me that Trump is a vile evil racist. Period. No amount of spin will change that.

So, you're closed-minded. Thanks for the heads up.

).

He said point blank that he wasn't talking about neo-Nazi's being good people, they are bad. He said there were OTHER people there protesting the taking down of the statues and people opposing them. Protesting the taking down of historical statues does not make someone bad. I guess from the left's point of view, if you disagree with them, you are automaticaly a racists and a bigot.

not everyone at that Charlottesville protest was part of the white supremacist group they just came to protest the removal of the statute which doesn't make you a white supremacist unless you think the majority of America are white supremacist because the majority disagrees with the removal of the confederate statutes
So when Trump made his comment about not all were bad he was correct

ME: Out of the four years of lies and propaganda we have heard from fake news CNN and the rest of fake news, this is ion the top five biggies. Soon I will do a series on the biggest lies told about Trump. This is one of them:

QUOTE: Whenever Democrats want to blame President Trump for an act of white supremacist violence such as the horrific attack in New Zealand or the imagined attack on Jussie Smollett in Chicago, they and their allies in the national news media invariably cite his statements in the wake of the deadly riot in Charlottesville, Virginia.

We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides, on many sides. It's been going on for a long time in our country. Not Donald Trump, not Barack Obama, this has been going on for a long, long time. It has no place in America. What is vital now is a swift restoration of law and order and the protection of innocent lives. No citizen should ever fear for their safety and security in our society. And no child should ever be afraid to go outside and play or be with their parents and have a good time.
The President's inclusion of the phrase "on many sides" immediately set off a media feeding frenzy. Even though violent members of Antifa had joined with those peacefully protesting the "Unite the Right" rally and had sparked physical altercations with the white supremacists attending the rally, Trump critics immediately pounced on what they considered to be equivocation........

Keep reading: The Left's Enduring Charlottesville Lie | Dan O'Donnell | News/Talk 1130 WISN

The lie is that the people who wanted to retain the statues were white supremacists. Some of them were, some of them were also larping Nazis. Most weren't...

The real problem is calling Antifa good people.

This is a vile lie, with the sole purpose of tearing this nation apart

We cannot build bridges between people, to unite them, if you convince nearly half of them, that the other half hates them and is out to get them.

).

It is not spin to point out that he did said the exact opposite of what the media said.

It is telling the truth.

Why are you opposed to the Truth?

I know what he said. I watched him say it live......

You mean you "heard" him say it? So did I.

.....I don't need to listen to anyone else's interpretation..

Apparently you do you fucking moron

,,,,,What he said about 'very fine people' on that day, combined with how he has talked about people and countries of different races tells me that Trump is a vile evil racist....

You're retarded. Go back to school and learn how to speak English.

Yes, you sure do.

ONCE MORE FOR RICKY RETARDO HERE:

You had an issue: Statues being torn down.

On both sides of the issue you had good every-day Americans (including blacks like Condi Rice and Herman Cain who did not want the statues torn down). This is what Trump meant when he correctly said you had good people on both sides.

Now, enter the hate groups. The Nazis hooked their claws into one sides of the argument, and the Antifa (who are every bit just as evil) hooked their claws into the other side. This is who Trump spoke of when he rightly condemned that hate on both sides.

Next comes that fake news and their leftwing lies. Their spin? "Trump says Nazis are good people", an obvious lie. This is what we correctly mean when we say Fake News CNN, NBC and the rest are the enemy of the people, because they lie and foment hate and violence.

I would be a happy girl if just one Democrat here can be honest and admit this is true, and that the media lied about what Trump said. Is there one honest Democrat here? I am just looking for one, thats all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back