The Left now censors silence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

Apparently, this guy was arrested for silently praying near an abortion center.

A British Army veteran was confronted by police for standing silently near an abortion clinic in Bournemouth, England. The man's apparent crime: He was silently praying for his murdered son.

Adam Smith-Connor of Southampton is the second Briton in recent months to have been arrested, not for speech or actions, but for silent prayer — for the thoughts in his head.

Censoring silence

Smith-Connor told the Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF) UK, a faith-based freedom advocacy group, that "22 years ago, I drove an ex-girlfriend to a facility where I paid for her to have an abortion. Many years later, I came to realize what I had done and it has been a source of great grief to me in my life."

"I now pray for my son and to God for forgiveness," said Smith-Connor,

Looks like not even silence is the friend of a conservative anymore

Smith-Connor stood silently with his back to the clinic to respect the privacy of staff and visitors, according to Alliance Defending Freedom UK. Community safety officers inquired about what he was doing, and Smith-Connor replied: “Praying for my son, who is deceased.”

His Nov. 24, 2022, encounter with the officers was recorded on his phone.

“I’m sorry for your loss,” one officer replied. “But ultimately, I have to go along with the guidelines of the Public Space Protection Order, to say that we are in the belief that therefore you are in breach of clause 4a, which says about prayer, and also acts of disapproval …”
“I’m just standing praying,” Smith-Connor said.
“I do understand that. But the (protection order) is in place for a reason and we have to follow through on those regulations,” the officer replied.
A protection order is intended to stop anti-social behavior. The protection order for the abortion clinic has been in force since Oct. 13, 2022, and will remain in place for three years.
As part of the order, the Council of Bournemouth, Christchurch, and Poole has drawn red lines around an abortion provider and designated the area a “safe zone.” Anyone caught blessing themselves with the sign of the cross, reciting Scripture, or sprinkling holy water behind these red lines can be fined £100 (about $113) or risk a court conviction. The order bars engaging in an act or an attempted act of approval or disapproval of abortion services.

Smith-Connor faces a fine based on his statement that he was praying for his deceased son.
A legal team with the support of Alliance Defending Freedom UK is challenging the fine.

Apparently, this guy was arrested for silently praying near an abortion center.

A British Army veteran was confronted by police for standing silently near an abortion clinic in Bournemouth, England. The man's apparent crime: He was silently praying for his murdered son.

Adam Smith-Connor of Southampton is the second Briton in recent months to have been arrested, not for speech or actions, but for silent prayer — for the thoughts in his head.

Censoring silence

Smith-Connor told the Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF) UK, a faith-based freedom advocacy group, that "22 years ago, I drove an ex-girlfriend to a facility where I paid for her to have an abortion. Many years later, I came to realize what I had done and it has been a source of great grief to me in my life."

"I now pray for my son and to God for forgiveness," said Smith-Connor,

Looks like not even silence is the friend of a conservative anymore

The Gestapo are out of control. The left continue taking democracy away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back