What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The left comes unglued over FL Governor Desantis' release of new license plate

JGalt

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Good ol' Florida. :laughing0301:

"The unveiling of a new Florida license plate by Governor DeSantis has liberals and leftist organizations up in arms.

Liberals are constantly willfully misinterpreting traditional American and patriotic flags and symbols to try to associate them with “right wing extremism.” One such victim of this misinterpretation is the iconic Gadsden Flag.

This iconic flag dates back to the time of the revolution and has been seen as a symbol of freedom, defiance in the face of oppression, and American patriotism ever since.

Now, Governor Ron DeSantis has released a new Florida license plate which prominently features the Gadsden flag design:

1660666549626.png

Liberals Furious Over Gov. DeSantis' Release of New Florida License Plate

Meister

Diamond Member
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, not buying into it, here is a list of their new plates.

Golfing Gator

Diamond Member
Reaction score
It is sort of funny how Desantis said it was a warning to “out-of-state cars” not to Tread on Florida...Florida would pretty much not exist without out of state people treading on the state giving them their money

marvin martian

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Smokin' OP

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Screw that, on all the vanity plates.
IDK, but my neighbor is a vet and he has to pay an extra $15.00 per year, for his Vietnam plate.
Used to be $10.00.

THAT offends ME.
They should be no extra charge.
Regular price,

Meister

Diamond Member
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cellblock2429

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, not buying into it, here is a list of their new plates.

/----/ I'm so old, I remember when license plates were all the same in a state, and unique from the other 49. That was to make it easier for the police to identify out of staters. I guess plate readers made that practice obsolete.

McRib

Diamond Member
Reaction score

"The unveiling of a new Florida license plate by Governor DeSantis has liberals and leftist organizations up in arms.

Liberals are constantly willfully misinterpreting traditional American and patriotic flags and symbols to try to associate them with “right wing extremism.” One such victim of this misinterpretation is the iconic Gadsden Flag.

This iconic flag dates back to the time of the revolution and has been seen as a symbol of freedom, defiance in the face of oppression, and American patriotism ever since.

Now, Governor Ron DeSantis has released a new Florida license plate which prominently features the Gadsden flag design:

View attachment 683272

You'll believe anything.

Meister

Diamond Member
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
/----/ I'm so old, I remember when license plates were all the same in a state, and unique from the other 49. That was to make it easier for the police to identify out of staters. I guess plate readers made that practice obsolete.
yup

White 6

Diamond Member
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. this is huge news.
Big deal. Most states have a variety of available plates. Get the one you like and then put on the damned stickers until they abuse you and make you replace a perfectly good metal plate or pair of plates, depending on the state.

alang1216

Pragmatist
Reaction score

View attachment 683272

Throughout history, the Gadsden flag has been used a symbol of rebellion against governmental tyranny and today stands as a powerful symbol against government oppression including taxation, and wasteful spending. Is it just me or does anyone else see the irony of a government agency using this symbol?

berg80

Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's sad, but not surprising, to see that DeSantis understands how easily manipulated you rubes are. In that respect he is very Trumpian.

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Gestapo Chief Garland has declared that the Gadsden flag is a symbol of hate, racism and domestic terrorism.

mamooth

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm for it. If you see one of these plates, you'll know the driver is probably drunk or high, so you'll know to be extra careful around them.

marvin martian

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'm for it. If you see one of these plates, you'll know the driver is probably drunk or high, so you'll know to be extra careful around them.

That's what I use Biden/Harris stickers for. It also usually means the driver is uninsured.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$200.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List