The left comes unglued over FL Governor Desantis' release of new license plate

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
Good ol' Florida. :laughing0301:

"The unveiling of a new Florida license plate by Governor DeSantis has liberals and leftist organizations up in arms.

Liberals are constantly willfully misinterpreting traditional American and patriotic flags and symbols to try to associate them with “right wing extremism.” One such victim of this misinterpretation is the iconic Gadsden Flag.

This iconic flag dates back to the time of the revolution and has been seen as a symbol of freedom, defiance in the face of oppression, and American patriotism ever since.

Now, Governor Ron DeSantis has released a new Florida license plate which prominently features the Gadsden flag design:

1660666549626.png

Liberals Furious Over Gov. DeSantis' Release of New Florida License Plate

It is sort of funny how Desantis said it was a warning to “out-of-state cars” not to Tread on Florida...Florida would pretty much not exist without out of state people treading on the state giving them their money

Screw that, on all the vanity plates.
IDK, but my neighbor is a vet and he has to pay an extra $15.00 per year, for his Vietnam plate.
Used to be $10.00.

THAT offends ME.
They should be no extra charge.
Regular price,

Sorry, not buying into it, here is a list of their new plates.

/----/ I'm so old, I remember when license plates were all the same in a state, and unique from the other 49. That was to make it easier for the police to identify out of staters. I guess plate readers made that practice obsolete.

"The unveiling of a new Florida license plate by Governor DeSantis has liberals and leftist organizations up in arms.

Liberals are constantly willfully misinterpreting traditional American and patriotic flags and symbols to try to associate them with “right wing extremism.” One such victim of this misinterpretation is the iconic Gadsden Flag.

This iconic flag dates back to the time of the revolution and has been seen as a symbol of freedom, defiance in the face of oppression, and American patriotism ever since.

Now, Governor Ron DeSantis has released a new Florida license plate which prominently features the Gadsden flag design:

View attachment 683272

You'll believe anything.

Wow. this is huge news.
Big deal. Most states have a variety of available plates. Get the one you like and then put on the damned stickers until they abuse you and make you replace a perfectly good metal plate or pair of plates, depending on the state.

View attachment 683272

Throughout history, the Gadsden flag has been used a symbol of rebellion against governmental tyranny and today stands as a powerful symbol against government oppression including taxation, and wasteful spending. Is it just me or does anyone else see the irony of a government agency using this symbol?

It's sad, but not surprising, to see that DeSantis understands how easily manipulated you rubes are. In that respect he is very Trumpian.

Gestapo Chief Garland has declared that the Gadsden flag is a symbol of hate, racism and domestic terrorism.

Forum List

Back