The Kurds’ cause is ours – let’s help them fight the barbarians

The Kurds are only really militarily helpful as a defensive containment force. Even with better weapons they wouldn't be able to operate well in most of Iraq and Syria.

Well not alone, but they could go in with local Iraqi ground forces if an arrangement can be made but thats all depending on agreements on the ground, like I said the Arabs despise the Kurds.

The Kurds are only really militarily helpful as a defensive containment force. Even with better weapons they wouldn't be able to operate well in most of Iraq and Syria.

Well not alone, but they could go in with local Iraqi ground forces if an arrangement can be made but thats all depending on agreements on the ground, like I said the Arabs despise the Kurds.

Indeed, and it is unlikely that we would see cooperation to THAT extent between say the Kurdish forces and the Iraqi military (unlikely that we would see Iraqi government pushing Kurdish expansion outside of their traditional areas). The Kurds are, after all, somewhat of a breakaway group, and thus also a political rival.

Indeed, and it is unlikely that we would see cooperation to THAT extent between say the Kurdish forces and the Iraqi military (unlikely that we would see Iraqi government pushing Kurdish expansion outside of their traditional areas). The Kurds are, after all, somewhat of a breakaway group, and thus also a political rival.

Yes and the Iraqis are concerned that if the Kurds do leave the plantation to fight ISIS, they will keep the towns and cities they take. Kirkuk for example is now 100% under Kurdish control after being contested for decades between Arabs and Kurds.

Incredible nonsense. It has already been proven that the US is behind ISIS. Assad is the only reason why the western backed terrorists were not able to create their ME Caliphate. After the evil saw that FSA and allies failed, it sent out ISIS on its massive offensives in 2014. And it is still arming ISIS.

URGENT Unknown aircrafts drop weapons to ISIS southeast of Tikrit - Iraqi News

Why would the US have an interest in supporting the group that has been killing its soldiers in Iraq? Your conspiracy theory makes absolutely no sense; there is no US interest in a destabilized Iraq.
Why is the oil price low, then?

The Kurds should have been helped a long time ago with modern weaponry.

Meeting the refugees from Isil terror makes one wish that Britain could do more for them
share-fb.png

share-tw.png

share-p.png

share-in.png

share-share.png

share-email.png

Email

isl_3039396b.jpg

Photo: AFP

By Boris Johnson

8:58PM GMT 25 Jan 2015

I am standing on the muddy floor of an old cement factory in northern Iraq and trying to console a widow. It’s not easy to find the words. She has come from Mosul, like hundreds of other families in the expanding refugee camp that surrounds us, and she has lost her husband to the maniacs. We call them Isil; they call them Da’ish – and of all the human scourges that have ever afflicted this planet, they are among the most repellent.

They took against her husband because he was a Shabak, an adherent of an ancient and syncretic religion that has something in common with the Yazidis – the worshippers of the peacock god whose sufferings we saw on our screens last year. They asked him to renounce his faith, and to become a Sunni Muslim. He refused. They took him away and shot him, as they have murdered so many others – like the poor Japanese hostage this weekend – with the hideous gloating arrogance of their movement. Now she lives with her seven grimy children in a hessian tent, with no money and no hope; no food, no heat, no protection save what she gets from the Kurdish government.

Continue reading at:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iraq/11368832/The-Kurds-cau
Disgusting hypocrisy. It would have been better if your crazy regime would not have created and armed ISIS and Co. Now you want to keep the bloodshed running by arming even more groups.

The people should support the Syrian and the Iraqi armies instead of incalculable groups erecting their various caliphates and regimes.

You, if you want to play hell, do it where it hurts nobody.
What are Kurds any whey?

I think it is time we left the entire region, from Mauritania to Malaysia, and let these Muslims slaughter each other to their hearts' content, until on group or another restores order.

Then they will be so busy repairing the destruction that they will not bother anybody.

At the same time though the Iranians are in Iraq fighting ISIS and I don't see them leaving anytime soon either.
We have a Muslim schism wrapped in a Persian/Turkish struggle to see who will control the Arabs.

We need to get the fuck out.

What do they have besides oil, which we have?

The whole situation is more complicated than even Euro-hate.
I think it is time we realized none of this is our business, and just set up shop and sell arms to all sides, payable in gold only.

Fuckers would be ripping each others fillings out to get one more bullet.

Incredible nonsense. It has already been proven that the US is behind ISIS. Assad is the only reason why the western backed terrorists were not able to create their ME Caliphate. After the evil saw that FSA and allies failed, it sent out ISIS on its massive offensives in 2014. And it is still arming ISIS.

Why would the US have an interest in supporting the group that has been killing its soldiers in Iraq? Your conspiracy theory makes absolutely no sense; there is no US interest in a destabilized Iraq.
Because we have so much here.

Decreased global demand (due to economic difficulties), coupled with increased supply. Lower oil prices were easy enough to predict and doesn't have anything to do with Iraq. In fact, if Iraq were more stable there is a good chance that international oil prices would be even lower than they currently are. instability tends to favor higher prices.

Because we have so much here.
I know that you poison your soil and water by fracking. Congrats.

"Though the militants of ISIS would undoubtedly be horrified to think so, they are the spawn of Washington."
How America Made ISIS Tom Engelhardt

Indeed. But it has nothing to do with ISIS.

"Though the militants of ISIS would undoubtedly be horrified to think so, they are the spawn of Washington."

The blog post that you just posted doesn't support your contention that the ISIS was a deliberate creation of the United States / CIA, or that ISIS is controlled by the US. You might want to re-examine your stance when you aren't even able to support it with your own sources.

America wins by a stable successful Iraq, a chaotic Iraq is a head ache for America and a failure, so creating ISIS Makes no sense. Good night nurse.

The blog post that you just posted doesn't support your contention that the ISIS was a deliberate creation of the United States / CIA, or that ISIS is controlled by the US. You might want to re-examine your stance when you aren't even able to support it with your own sources.
I am very sorry that your government is that disgusting. I wish it would be different.

US embassy in Baghdad is the ISIS command center US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

America wins by a stable successful Iraq, a chaotic Iraq is a head ache for America and a failure, so creating ISIS Makes no sense. Good night nurse.
Lines drawn by dead Brits cutting up the old Ottoman Empire with no regard to tribal or religious sensibilities are the root of all this trouble.

It is time to let them sort it out themselves.

Last edited:

I am very sorry that your government is that disgusting. I wish it would be different.

US embassy in Baghdad is the ISIS command center US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

I'm sorry that your conspiracy theory ended up not having any substance to it.

I'm sorry that your conspiracy theory ended up not having any substance to it.
Goodwill, you show. But you know its not more.

Meeting the refugees from Isil terror makes one wish that Britain could do more for them
share-fb.png

share-tw.png

share-p.png

share-in.png

share-share.png

share-email.png

Email

isl_3039396b.jpg

By Boris Johnson

I am standing on the muddy floor of an old cement factory in northern Iraq and trying to console a widow. It’s not easy to find the words. She has come from Mosul, like hundreds of other families in the expanding refugee camp that surrounds us, and she has lost her husband to the maniacs. We call them Isil; they call them Da’ish – and of all the human scourges that have ever afflicted this planet, they are among the most repellent.

They took against her husband because he was a Shabak, an adherent of an ancient and syncretic religion that has something in common with the Yazidis – the worshippers of the peacock god whose sufferings we saw on our screens last year. They asked him to renounce his faith, and to become a Sunni Muslim. He refused. They took him away and shot him, as they have murdered so many others – like the poor Japanese hostage this weekend – with the hideous gloating arrogance of their movement. Now she lives with her seven grimy children in a hessian tent, with no money and no hope; no food, no heat, no protection save what she gets from the Kurdish government.

Continue reading at:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iraq/11368832/The-Kurds-cau
Disgusting hypocrisy. It would have been better if your crazy regime would not have created and armed ISIS and Co. Now you want to keep the bloodshed running by arming even more groups.

The people should support the Syrian and the Iraqi armies instead of incalculable groups erecting their various caliphates and regimes.

You, if you want to play hell, do it where it hurts nobody.

The Syrian government used to be one of the funders of ISIS and its predecessor movements like the ISI / AQI, not to mention numerous other terrorist groups like Hamas, and Hezbollah. There is little reason to support Assad.

Believe in conspiracy theories much?

share-fb.png

share-tw.png

share-p.png

share-in.png

share-share.png

share-email.png

Email

isl_3039396b.jpg

By Boris Johnson

Continue reading at:

If our asshole president would have simply armed the Kurds, there would be no ISIS to speak of now. This guy is just one massive failure after another. I lost count of how many countries Obama has fucked up. Everything he's touched has turned to shit. Once he leaves, it's going to take a few years just to clean up his mess.

You are correct, the Kurds are fighting ISIS with Soviet era weapons, if we armed them with our equipment ISIS would have been finished off by Halloween.

So true because they are fierce fighters, even their women. Regardless of their getting help from the coalition, I am happy for them that they gained a victory over ISIS.

share-fb.png

share-tw.png

share-p.png

share-in.png

share-share.png

share-email.png

Email

isl_3039396b.jpg

By Boris Johnson

Continue reading at:

If our asshole president would have simply armed the Kurds, there would be no ISIS to speak of now. This guy is just one massive failure after another. I lost count of how many countries Obama has fucked up. Everything he's touched has turned to shit. Once he leaves, it's going to take a few years just to clean up his mess.

You are correct, the Kurds are fighting ISIS with Soviet era weapons, if we armed them with our equipment ISIS would have been finished off by Halloween.

Regardless of the Kurds having help via the coallition, it is great to see them proud of their victory over ISIS. The certainly are fierce fighters, including their women, and you are right in that if they have had modern equipment right from the beginning they could have finished off a lot of the members of ISIS.

After Kobani liberation from Islamic State what next for Syria s Kurds ?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/02/w...bani-pride-despite-the-devastation.html?&_r=1

Gritty Kurdish fighter gloats over recapture of Syria s Kobani?

America wins yes but the people who call the shots have lost interest in the Middle East and so our military has moved on. This probably was not even Obama's call. I have no idea what role if any the U.S. had with ISIS. Just the thought of it is too disgusting for me to investigate. It does make sense however if one wants to drop a hand grenade on the way out. We did the same thing with Iraq after we lost control of Iran, had to get rid of all that military hardware we had sold them, Iran. The problem with ISIS is that it is a fire that is not going to burn itself out. I am guessing the plan is that we are going to let Iran get the bomb and when ISIS gets really out of control we will let Iran bomb them.

Forum List

Back