The Kerry Effect

The thing with Kerry was that he was just boring. Even before Obama ran, or announced he was running, I noticed that he was on, everyone listened. Kerry was considered dull even by the folks I know who hated Bush. Kerry was the Democrats McCain. Romney has the same problem, Perry has the same ability to get people out, though I dont believe he grabs the attention of young voters.

Okay.

Are attacking a country that hasn't attacked you, killing millions of people, raping children, torturing and killing pows and destroying infrastructure, war crimes?

Yes or no?

Only if you lose.

Not that we really did those things in Vietnam, and when they happened outside the rules of war, they were punished.

But if Kerry realy felt that way, why didn't he just SAY SO in 2004? Why did he run away from 1972 John Kerry like a relative looking for money?

They happened and on a large scale.

Almost no one was punished.

NO, they really didn't.

And if John Kerry was so proud of what he did back in the 1970's, why not run on that? I mean, if his actions were sooooo noble, you think he'd be proud of that. He did everything he could to hear it, including prohibiting audio from his Senate Testimony to be used in commercials. (The Swiftees just got a voice actor to reread the lines.)

Okay.

Are attacking a country that hasn't attacked you, killing millions of people, raping children, torturing and killing pows and destroying infrastructure, war crimes?

Yes or no?

Only if you lose.

Not that we really did those things in Vietnam, and when they happened outside the rules of war, they were punished.

But if Kerry realy felt that way, why didn't he just SAY SO in 2004? Why did he run away from 1972 John Kerry like a relative looking for money?

There goes Swallow on another anti-America tirade. You people are so damn emotional.

Only if you lose.

NO, they really didn't.

And if John Kerry was so proud of what he did back in the 1970's, why not run on that? I mean, if his actions were sooooo noble, you think he'd be proud of that. He did everything he could to hear it, including prohibiting audio from his Senate Testimony to be used in commercials. (The Swiftees just got a voice actor to reread the lines.)

Yeah..they really did.

My Lai Massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Us War Crimes In Vietnam | Vietnam Horrors: Darker Yet - Los Angeles Times
Vietnam War casualties - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Can the United States Prosecute Bob Kerrey for a War Crime? - Emily Yoffe - Slate Magazine
Tiger Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And Kerry admitted that his tone was over the top. But he was never pointing a finger at the troops and blamed the leadership. And that's where the blame belonged.

Vietnam was SUCH a clusterfuck..that President Ford had to change American policy including banning political assassinations, the congress put up the war powers act and the military changed it's code of conduct to include questioning orders which may be illegal.

Last edited:
Only if you lose.

There goes Swallow on another anti-America tirade. You people are so damn emotional.

Ah..fuck you faggot.

No swallow.

No matter how much you beg you little punk.

Half the people in this country not only do not believe Obama, but they have altogether stopped listening to him at all because they already know what he is going to say every time he opens his mouth.
I think you can say that about most presidents. Every sentence, every phrase, every facial expression in a speech will be analyzed and interpreted by the media. If the president says we should invest in America, the headline will read, President proposes more government spending. If he mentions race, he's racist. The result is presidential speeches that say nothing. When a presidential speech starts you can almost hear the channels changing across the county. The only thing that's really important are announcement of new bills in congress and executive orders. The rest is just is politics.

The fact you see him as a community organiser speaks volumes of your partisanship.

He certainly does have his work cut out for him though. I have found him a weak and ineffectual president because he bends over too much towards the conservatives.

That being said, he is still better at his worst than Bush was at his best..

I see him as the "Community Organizer" because that was his pre-political career. just like Jimmy Carter was the Peanut Farmer and Ronald Reagan was the Actor and George Bush was the "Oil Man".

He's weak because he 'leads from behind', doesn't take the lead, and outsources the hard work of government. He just didn't roll over for the Republicans, he rolled over for the Congressional Democrats.

And sorry, while I'm no fan of Bush, the fact is, his worst unemployment rate was better than Obama's best. I'd rather take Bush's term average of 5% than Obama's average of 9%.

(Psst..oh, yeah, Bush isn't running.)

Bush's unemployment rate was because of a massive housing bubble. It is estimated that up to 40% of the jobs created under Bush were related to either the housing or mortgage markets. Unemployment would have been much higher without the housing bubble. That is NOT Bush's fault. Bush was not responsible for the housing bubble. However, to compare that period to this period is a canard because if we would have dealt with the problems a decade ago, we wouldn't be in this mess today.

I agree that Obama is a weak leader.

The fact you see him as a community organiser speaks volumes of your partisanship.

He certainly does have his work cut out for him though. I have found him a weak and ineffectual president because he bends over too much towards the conservatives.

I see him as the "Community Organizer" because that was his pre-political career. just like Jimmy Carter was the Peanut Farmer and Ronald Reagan was the Actor and George Bush was the "Oil Man".

He's weak because he 'leads from behind', doesn't take the lead, and outsources the hard work of government. He just didn't roll over for the Republicans, he rolled over for the Congressional Democrats.

And sorry, while I'm no fan of Bush, the fact is, his worst unemployment rate was better than Obama's best. I'd rather take Bush's term average of 5% than Obama's average of 9%.

Bush's unemployment rate was because of a massive housing bubble. It is estimated that up to 40% of the jobs created under Bush were related to either the housing or mortgage markets. Unemployment would have been much higher without the housing bubble. That is NOT Bush's fault. Bush was not responsible for the housing bubble. However, to compare that period to this period is a canard because if we would have dealt with the problems a decade ago, we wouldn't be in this mess today.

Bush's UE numbers aren't to be believed. I don't think they were accurate.

What might have happened was it was upper middle class folks losing their jobs and using the liquidity from their houses or 401ks to keep from going on unemployment..

But I think it was more the numbers were wrong.

And Kerry admitted that his tone was over the top. But he was never pointing a finger at the troops.

That's a fucking lie, Swallow, and you know it. Those who served know it and that is one reason so many had an issue with Mr. Windsurfer.

Bush's unemployment rate was because of a massive housing bubble. .

That is complete bullshit.

Bush's UE numbers aren't to be believed. I don't think they were accurate.

What might have happened was it was upper middle class folks losing their jobs and using the liquidity from their houses or 401ks to keep from going on unemployment..

But I think it was more the numbers were wrong.

Oh of course... :rolleyes: Nothing that doesn't fit your far left world view could be real, right Swallow?

Bush's unemployment rate was because of a massive housing bubble. .

That is complete bullshit.

Go away.

And Kerry admitted that his tone was over the top. But he was never pointing a finger at the troops.

That's a fucking lie, Swallow, and you know it. Those who served know it and that is one reason so many had an issue with Mr. Windsurfer.

:lol:

I'm sure that dude you just serviced in the bathroom at the Texaco gas station knows it after you swallowed his load..little girl.

:up::booze:

I'm sure that dude you just serviced in the bathroom at the Texaco gas station knows it after you swallowed his load..little girl.

I told you to go trolling for dates somewhere else, Swallow. This is not the place for your kind to look for customers and it's really inappropriate.

I told you to go trolling for dates somewhere else, Swallow. This is not the place for your kind to look for customers and it's really inappropriate.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qXsO-axQWM]Lynyrd Skynyrd - What's Your Name (live '77) - YouTube[/ame]

What's your name, little girl?

Oh..it's Unkotare!

And ya still can't swallow my load. :lol:

Begging isn't going to help, Swallow. Just keep your deviant life style choices to yourself.

Forum List

Back