The "Is there a compromise on abortion?" poll

Are you willing to compromise on abortion?

• 1. No abortions from the moment of conception

• 2. Morning after pill only

• 3. Abortion allowed in the first trimester only

• 4. Abortion allow through the second trimester only

• 5. Abortion allowed through the third trimester, but not after actual birth

• 6. Abortion allowed after birth for a very short period

• 7. Abortion allowed up to the age of 18

• 8. Abortion only allowed if the mother's life is in extreme danger from continuing the pregnancy

• 9. Only if the mother was a victim of rape or incest (with police report)

Results are only viewable after voting.
A nearly insignificant number.
True, but accommodations have to be made for them.

No woman should be sentenced to death for getting pregnant when there is an available treatment for what ails them.

It boils down to the right of self defense which is the most fundamental of all our rights.

4 deaths in Benghazi was "too many"
13 soldiers died in Afghanistan and that was "too many."
Thousands of women dying when abortion could save their life.
Insignificant? I think not.
Those types of conditions make up fewer than 1% of all abortions so your numbers don't even begin to resemble reality.

I'm always going to be on the side of life.
Life is life...a precious commodity. Doesn't matter if they can speak for themselves or not. It doesn't matter that half of all births in America are paid for by Medicaid/welfare...life is precious no matter what. And in America we are failing to reproduce children in sufficient numbers.

However the compromise is to let each of the 50 state legislatures decide for their state. Which is what SCOTUS has said.

Stop responding. I know the truth.
You clearly don’t. That’s why your argument defaulted to the rarest occurrence of why women have abortion. 98%+ of the time it comes down to money, or social inconvenience.

Therefore men albeit via a different legal mechanism need the opportunity to absolve themselves of these very same concerns, and consequences. So upon being informed that he is the sire of the pregnant woman, or within a time frame of being notified of birth; he gets the legal right to absolve himself of financial, and custodial responsibility of said child/children. The exact same thing that So many legal mechanisms offer women.
I couldn't agree more. It takes a man and a woman to create a pregnancy, and if one has a right to terminate future responsibilities, so should the other. I don't know if that's a compromise so much as it is a leveling of the playing field, assuming abortion remains legal, though.

You left off:

- Leave the decision up to the doctor and patient because you can’t legislate every medical situation and Roe v Wade is entirely appropriate leaving abortion legal until viability with discretion to doctors.

Doctors are not aborting healthy viable babies near birth you fucking trolls.

Forum List

Back