The "Is there a compromise on abortion?" poll

Are you willing to compromise on abortion?

• 1. No abortions from the moment of conception

• 2. Morning after pill only

• 3. Abortion allowed in the first trimester only

• 4. Abortion allow through the second trimester only

• 5. Abortion allowed through the third trimester, but not after actual birth

• 6. Abortion allowed after birth for a very short period

• 7. Abortion allowed up to the age of 18

• 8. Abortion only allowed if the mother's life is in extreme danger from continuing the pregnancy

• 9. Only if the mother was a victim of rape or incest (with police report)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Orangecat

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2020
There are a lot of hard-line all-or-nothing opinions regarding abortion.
Where do you stand?
Are you willing to compromise?

In my opinion this should be a medical procedure between a doctor and a patient.

With that said, I would be willing to compromise along the lines of number 4.

First trimester only unless proven the woman has been held hostage and was raped or incest was committed during being held hostage and the first trimester has passed…

Mother life should be consider until birth…

Birth control which includes morning after pill should be always allowed…

There, and that is my opinion…

Where do you stand?
Most "Pro-Life" people are willing to abide by the decisions made by voters in their states. Most "Pro-Choice" people are not. To them, accepting any limitations on abortions would allow for public scrutiny of this grisly procedure and expose it as the destruction of innocent life. That is why they are such staunch defenders of one of the worst political decisions ever made by the Supreme Court.

While I know abortion ends a human life, being pragmatic, I picked morning after pill only.

Where do you stand?
I am in favor of government staying (the fuck) out of peoples' bodies.

If you want to murder your poor unprotected fetus, that's between you and your conscience if any and your God if any.

On this issue I will err on the side of individual sovereignty. I don't generally like or support laws that ban abortions. They're like drug laws and gun laws, they're unenforceable - and they're an overreach of government authority

Added rape/incest option, but only with official police report.

50% holding at first trimester. One silly vote for up to 18 years old. I think we can all agree that any time pre-birth is acceptable to save the mother's life.

Why ask us? Put it up to the voters. Why are baby killers so afraid of democracy?
I'd like to see where the USMB people actually stand on this. I do agree with you, though. Let the voters in each state decide.

Forum List

Back