The incredible need for Trump jury sequestration.

Paleman

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2019
Red state of Florida
This incompetent, and biased judge is sending the jury home for 8 days. For the next 8 days, this Trump-hating collection of jurors who were only picked for their far-left New York TDS will be inundated with threats by family, friends, and neighbors to convict. It is unlikely that the 12 will be able to judge fairly for fear of retribution.
This is further proof that this is a Kangaroo Court and the creep sitting on the bench has all but assured that Trump will lose this case that has no legal merit.
Thank god for the appeals process.

This incompetent, and biased judge is sending the jury home for 8 days. For the next 8 days, this Trump-hating collection of jurors who were only picked for their far-left New York TDS will be inundated with threats by family, friends, and neighbors to convict. It is unlikely that the 12 will be able to judge fairly for fear of retribution.
This is further proof that this is a Kangaroo Court and the creep sitting on the bench has all but assured that Trump will lose this case that has no legal merit.
The hypocrisy of those attacking Judge Merchan is as obvious as can be. One thing Trump has made acceptable to his cult following, is that shame carries no consequences. Shame having no negative value. Welcome to MAGA.

What reason did he give for sending them home for 8 days? This is a stall. He doesn’t want them to deliberate with Cohen’s lying and stealing so fresh on their minds.

"Right-wing commentators, most prominently on Fox News, have condemned the judge nearly daily in their coverage of the trial. They have painted Justice Merchan’s rulings as biased, decried small donations he made to Democrats in 2020 and suggested that his connection to his daughter, a Democratic political consultant, made him unfit to oversee the case."

My mind immediately went to the judge in the Trump criminal trial in Florida - U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon. A judge appointed by Trump himself. Do commentators on FOX and other rightwing media raise the connections between Trump and the judge? Former President Donald Trump nominated and appointed Cannon to the federal bench after confirmation by the U.S. Senate in November 2020. --

Where's the faux outrage now?

Then again FOX News itself has already been proven to lie to and mock it's own loyal viewership. They have paid out around a billion dollars -- so far on these facts.

"Right-wing commentators, most prominently on Fox News, have condemned the judge nearly daily in their coverage of the trial. They have painted Justice Merchan’s rulings as biased, decried small donations he made to Democrats in 2020 and suggested that his connection to his daughter, a Democratic political consultant, made him unfit to oversee the case."

My mind immediately went to the judge in the Trump criminal trial in Florida - U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon. A judge appointed by Trump himself. Do commentators on FOX and other rightwing media raise the connections between Trump and the judge? Former President Donald Trump nominated and appointed Cannon to the federal bench after confirmation by the U.S. Senate in November 2020. --

Then again FOX News itself has already been proven to lie to and mock it's own loyal viewership. They have paid out around a billion dollars -- so far on these facts.

How is any of that extended vomiting of TDS word salad a reply to my post?

This "trial" is the stinkiest shit show in a long string of shit shows that the Democrats put on to destroy Donald Trump both as a candidate and personally. No real American should support these Stalinists. Merchant is just a tool of the Democrats just as Engoron was.

How many MAGA death threats do you think they will get a day?

What with no link I thought the OP was BS.....It's mostly correct 7 fuckin' days.....WTF?

The jury was sent home for a week, until May 28, when closing arguments are expected....
They have to argue about the jury charge for a day or two. Trump is always free on Wednesdays. So that is about right.

Yeah, well that’s the cards you deal yourself when you choose to indict a former president just to influence an election. If it’s a federal case the judge over the case may be one of his federal appointees,

Can’t blame Cannon for Smith fucking up and her calling him on it. He was fucking up and getting called on it by judges before he ever heard of Aileen Cannon.

Yeah, well that’s the cards you deal yourself when you choose to indict a former president just to influence an election. If it’s a federal case the judge over the case may be one of his federal appointees,

Can’t blame Cannon for Smith fucking up and her calling him on it. He was fucking up and getting called on it by judges before he ever heard of Aileen Cannon.
The hypocrisy is glaring.

This is a stall. The judge must be afraid of the verdict.
Merchan needs the time to come up with a creative jury charge and instruction.

It will take a lot of twisting and turning to bamboozle the jury into thinking Trump has done something illegal, or that there is even a coherent theory of a crime been shown.

Because I am not intimately familiar with how the criminal justice system in NYC operates, I won't question the 7 or 8 day delay before closing statements. It might have to do with a lot of things - reserving issues for appeals, preparing jury instructions, who knows?

But it doesn't take a legal scholar to recognize that this judge is totally compromised. Both sides have rested and the Prosecution STILL has not articulated the crime for which the Defendant is charged. NDA's are common and perfectly legal. The purpose of the "hush" money is total speculation, and there are at least two plausible purposes, one of which is entirely legal and appropriate, so...no crime. If the expenditure was wrongly classified as a "legal" expense rather than a campaign expense, so what? It is a summary offense, punishable by a fine, and the Statute of Limitations has expired.

The judge has allowed mountains of salacious testimony that in legal terminology is IRRELEVANT - has nothing to do with the elements of the "crime."

Criticism of this judge is entirely appropriate. This case should have been dismissed in any one of several instances.

Because I am not intimately familiar with how the criminal justice system in NYC operates, I won't question the 7 or 8 day delay before closing statements. It might have to do with a lot of things - reserving issues for appeals, preparing jury instructions, who knows?

But it doesn't take a legal scholar to recognize that this judge is totally compromised. Both sides have rested and the Prosecution STILL has not articulated the crime for which the Defendant is charged. NDA's are common and perfectly legal. The purpose of the "hush" money is total speculation, and there are at least two plausible purposes, one of which is entirely legal and appropriate, so...no crime. If the expenditure was wrongly classified as a "legal" expense rather than a campaign expense, so what? It is a summary offense, punishable by a fine, and the Statute of Limitations has expired.

The judge has allowed mountains of salacious testimony that in legal terminology is IRRELEVANT - has nothing to do with the elements of the "crime."

Criticism of this judge is entirely appropriate. This case should have been dismissed in any one of several instances.
Merchan has run a very good court room, despite Trump being a known gangster.

Merchan has been more than fair with the gangster.

Will you support the verdict?

Judges usually want a jury to immediately go into deliberations while the evidence and testimony are fresh in their minds. That speeds things up and cuts down on testimony read backs and representation of physical evidence.

Judges usually want a jury to immediately go into deliberations while the evidence and testimony are fresh in their minds. That speeds things up and cuts down on testimony read backs and representation of physical evidence.
They are out today. I think they are still arguing about the jury charge language. I would imagine that goes all day tomorrow and maybe into Friday.

i am slightly surprised. i would have thought they would have started arguing about that earlier.

Forum List

Back