The ignorance of the left on taxes

You all are being played by the feel good slogans of the left.

The very people who write the tax code to collect taxes from the wealthy and corporations are the same exact people who turn around & give them carvouts and loopholes to escape paying. Then they go on the TV and whine like babies as they play you for the fools you apparently are.

They give you the WE MUST RAISE TAXES pitch as they give the wealthy their easy out....

You could of course stop supporting the very companies that pay little to nothing but you won't. You'll still buy Apple, Nike, GE and all other manner of their products. You lack principle
You on the right are the fools, fools when it comes to those magical "tax cuts". First, the corporate tax cut. Oh yeah, the corporate tax cut was going to result in massive hiring, increased wages, and capital investment. It was even supposed to result in corporations pulling their money from those offshore accounts. None of those promised "results" panned out.

Then there is the income tax cut. While most you minions got a few bucks, Trump and is wealthy friends made off with hundreds of millions. Hell, the estate tax cut along saved Trump's devil spawn two billion dollars. And while Trump was placing a few bucks in your front pocket he took more out of your back pocket in the form of tariffs.

So, from where I sit, that makes you guys the suckers.

how can I be the one deflecting when I made the first point??
you know, the one you avoided,,
That point seems to be that corporations and companies pass on tax increases to consumers. That might be true in a highly competitive economy, but the US, while once ranked among the most competitive economies in the world, has now almost slipped out of the top ten, thank you Donald Trump.

That point seems to be that corporations and companies pass on tax increases to consumers. That might be true in a highly competitive economy, but the US, while once ranked among the most competitive economies in the world, has now almost slipped out of the top ten, thank you Donald Trump.

we started slipping long long before trump came along,, and at least he was working to bring companies back instead of promoting them leaving like joe and all the others are doing

we started slipping long long before trump came along,, and at least he was working to bring companies back instead of promoting them leaving like joe and all the others are doing
I see you didn't read the link. Most of decrease in competitiveness over the last few years can be attributed to Trump's trade policies. His corporate tax cut resulted in increased rent-seeking, which is the polar opposite of "competition". And his cutting of regulations, one of the things you rabid Trumpbots crow about, resulted in large players being able to externalize their costs, stifle innovation, and create barriers to entry for would be competitors, all further decreasing competition. But I know, I might as well be speaking Klingon.

I see you didn't read the link. Most of decrease in competitiveness over the last few years can be attributed to Trump's trade policies. His corporate tax cut resulted in increased rent-seeking, which is the polar opposite of "competition". And his cutting of regulations, one of the things you rabid Trumpbots crow about, resulted in large players being able to externalize their costs, stifle innovation, and create barriers to entry for would be competitors, all further decreasing competition. But I know, I might as well be speaking Klingon.
your link didnt take into account the last 50 yrs of erosion of our base,,,

we have been steadily loosing to china and other countries for decades,,

Forum List

Back