The Griddle worked Great!!

HereWeGoAgain

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2010
Fuck Y'all I'm From Texas!
Made some Philly Cheese steaks last night and they were damn Good!!!
I can now say with complete assurance you'll need to buy or build a kitchen equipment table thats 10 inches shorter than your standard countertop height.
Trying to use it when it sits chest high is a bitch!!
Our new Stainless table arrived today which is really nice since we can clean it at waist level.
It held temp even when we put the cold beef on it,it does take a while to heat up but I cant say how long for sure since I'd forgotten a shiny surface doesnt work well with the infrared temp gun. It would only read to 150 degrees even though water boiled off in seconds.
All in all the price and quality met my expectations at $229,the bad part is the stainless table cost more than the damn griddle.

It held temp even when we put the cold beef on it,it does take a while to heat up

Griddle? What kind of griddle? But the heat up actually sounds like a good sign... that indicates to me a massive heat sink built into it between the heat source and the cooking surface which keeps food cooking at a consistent temp once hot rather than done the cheap way.

Still waiting for my order...............................

tomasmagnusek-ambrozia.gif

service is SLLLOOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!!

Griddle? What kind of griddle? But the heat up actually sounds like a good sign... that indicates to me a massive heat sink built into it between the heat source and the cooking surface which keeps food cooking at a consistent temp once hot rather than done the cheap way.

The heat sink is the 1/2 inch thick griddle.
Once it gets hot it stays hot. It's a commercial grade griddle.

shopping

I can see now why you wanted a lower table to sit it on! I just spent the past half hour caruising around your website link looking at all of the pretty equipment.

We've bought a lot of their stuff.
It's a great place to go if you wanna upgrade from your standard home stuff.
Even going with the low end commercial stuff it's far better than the crap you buy from your local home store.
So far we've bought the commercial waffle maker,fryer,meat grinder,sausage mixer,sausage stuffer and of course the griddle.
I'm sure there's more items I'm forgetting but we have yet to be disappointed in any of them.
While they do cost more I dont expect we'll ever need to purchase another one of the items I listed.

And yeah I've spent some time looking at all the options myself.
In a way it makes me want to install plugs in 240 watt when we build our retirement place but I'm finding that it's not necessary with the lower wattage commercial stuff.

Even going with the low end commercial stuff it's far better than the crap you buy from your local home store.
I agree. Pro and consumer are two different markets. Consumers get stuff like this to play AM, FM, tapes and records:
Screen Shot 2023-01-02 at 9.27.38 PM.png

Pros use stuff like this and don't even have radio:
PB013613.JPG

I'm sure there's more items I'm forgetting but we have yet to be disappointed in any of them. While they do cost more I dont expect we'll ever need to purchase another one of the items I listed.
That is it. Consumer gear is built TO A COST with a designed life and obsolescence built in; their market dependent on you constantly replacing and upgrading from bad, worn out, inferior stuff.

But professionals don't have time for that. They need the shit to WORK, work every time, and work well. They don't need bells and whistles and no WAF (wife acceptance factor), all that counts is dependability and results. So yeah, you'll pay more, but you'll generally get better performance and greater reliability. For the home user, probably the only one you'll need in a lifetime. So you pay more because the maker is not expecting you to need next year's model because it is already built as well as they could at a cost.

In a way it makes me want to install plugs in 240 watt when we build our retirement place but I'm finding that it's not necessary with the lower wattage commercial stuff.
Really no need for 220 service for most items unless you are running BIG equipment.

I agree. Pro and consumer are two different markets. Consumers get stuff like this to play AM, FM, tapes and records:
View attachment 744291
Pros use stuff like this and don't even have radio:
View attachment 744292

That is it. Consumer gear is built TO A COST with a designed life and obsolescence built in; their market dependent on you constantly replacing and upgrading from bad, worn out, inferior stuff.

But professionals don't have time for that. They need the shit to WORK, work every time, and work well. They don't need bells and whistles and no WAF (wife acceptance factor), all that counts is dependability and results. So yeah, you'll pay more, but you'll generally get better performance and greater reliability. For the home user, probably the only one you'll need in a lifetime. So you pay more because the maker is not expecting you to need next year's model because it is already built as well as they could at a cost.

Really no need for 220 service for most items unless you are running BIG equipment.

I have it in my garage for my welder but nowhere else in the house other than the oven.
The people who sell the griddle make a point of telling you to run the griddle on a dedicated circuit which is easy enough as long as you dont run another appliance on the same circuit when you use it.
To get into the real heavy duty stuff you have no choice but to run 220 or gas.
I'm glad I've found it to be unnecessary in the low power commercial stuff.

The people who sell the griddle make a point of telling you to run the griddle on a dedicated circuit which is easy enough as long as you dont run another appliance on the same circuit when you use it.

That would be a good idea and ideally, in the long term, I'd run it off of a 20 amp circuit with 12 or 10 gauge wire (I like to over-build things a little; normal house wire is 14 ga) even if you leave the breaker at 15 amps (which might trip occasionally) in a direct, dedicated feed to where you use it, that way you'll never have to worry about voltage drops or a resistive connection somewhere (things loosen over time) overheating somewhere in a junction box.

No sense burning the house down making a pancake. :SMILEW~130:

That would be a good idea and ideally, in the long term, I'd run it off of a 20 amp circuit with 12 or 10 gauge wire (I like to over-build things a little; normal house wire is 14 ga) even if you leave the breaker at 15 amps (which might trip occasionally) in a direct, dedicated feed to where you use it, that way you'll never have to worry about voltage drops or a resistive connection somewhere (things loosen over time) overheating somewhere in a junction box.

No sense burning the house down making a pancake. :SMILEW~130:

It worked fine when we plugged into a circuit that we know nothing else was using that particular circuit.

Forum List

Back