The Green New Deal is Actually Feasable

Why do you hate the poor and want to make it even harder for them to get ahead?

I think cheap power will enhance the living standards of the poor much like coal did back int ehday.
My comment was addressed to someone else, but the quote didnt take.

These "green" solutions will increase energy cost at least 3 fold. It will hurt the poor.

.... The Green New Deal can actually work and I would like to upgrade and modernize our energy tech and resources. Most of this needs to be done independently of the Green New Deal or not...

So, how much are you willing to pay, per kWh for the upgrades to the Distribution Electric System?

Currently the US average is around $0.16/kWh. How much are you willing to pay?... $0.50/kWh? $1.00kWh? $1.60/kWh? That third one would probably be closer to what it would require... a 10X increase in cost.

Anathema
***** Electric Company
(3rd largest gas/electric Co in USA)

Maybe we should bite the bullet....and do it.....before we need it..and it's not there.

Maybe we should bite the bullet....and do it.....before we need it..and it's not there.

So you’re willing to take an electric grid that (nationally) is about 96% effective (customers lights on at any time) and turn your $200 a month bill into a $400-1000 a month bill in order to try to do exactly what?

So you’re willing to take an electric grid that (nationally) is about 96% effective (customers lights on at any time) and turn your $200 a month bill into a $400-1000 a month bill in order to try to do exactly what?
To fit in with a crowd of dupes.

My electric bill is Zero..so as not to be an issue. But I have the feeling that 20th century thinking is not going to cut it....but whatever. As i think about it..I've not a dog in this fight...BTW..my lights work 100% of the time.

But the answer as to do what...well..maybe we take the hit for future generation's prosperity~

To fit in with a crowd of dupes.
Well.....if I ever need advice on how to do that..you're the first I'll PM...LOL!

My electric bill is Zero..so as not to be an issue. But I have the feeling that 20th century thinking is not going to cut it....but whatever. As i think about it..I've not a dog in this fight...BTW..my lights work 100% of the time.

But the answer as to do what...well..maybe we take the hit for future generation's prosperity~

I have to assume you run on an alternative electric source. If that works for you, great. It doesn’t work for most people on several levels.

Most people will have 100% service on the grid in any given year.

All utilities are required to have maintenance and upgrade schedules by their state DPU. Smaller utilities with less of a profit margin will have a longer maintenance schedule than larger companies. UPGRADES beyond current standard are generally not able to be forced on the utility company.

It's pie in the sky.
No, really it is not. Thorium Molten Salt reactors are the wave of the future, I am fairly sure of this.

Combined with mining near Earth asteroids and we will have prosperity well into the future.
Even better: the WAMSR. That is the Waste Annihilating Molten Salt Reactor...it is FUELED by and consumes waste from the current light-water reactors.

You need to be more specific.

Why should we modernize our electric grid?

Why should we use Green energy?

Why should we mine Near Earth asteroids?

I'm n ot sure what you are asking.
All of the above. What’s wrong with using what we have?
Whats wrong with using a wood burning stove, a horse and buggy and gravel roads?

Nothing, it just isn't the best we have and I want the best for America.

These "green" solutions will increase energy cost at least 3 fold. It will hurt the poor.
How would Thorium nuclear power increase power costs three fold?

I am sure you have a reason you say this and I would like to know what they are.

Nicely, with sugar on top. :)

The Shanghai thorium study includes desalination of seawater. A thorium reactor on Greenland, with leasing options, planned migrations/vacations, planned cities.

Slowly tax gas so a new electric car is cheaper than driving your 4 year old car. My issue is water pollution-far worse than carbon and already a major shortage around the world.
That is kind of harsh on family budgets.

If we improved the electric grid, modernizing it, and put TMSR to supply all the energy we need, it wouldnt really require any manipulation of gas prices.
If the family contributes most to the carbon issue, isn't that where the emphasis must be? Every year, millions of drivers are added, increasing emissions. Maybe kids can start walking to schools or libraries or the arcade again.

This is the type of ridiculous liberal bullshit, that will do nothing. Everything is just a simple fix. Maybe stop lying to people, to try and make yourself seem more important. And no, I don’t have a solution. Maybe you should set an example by walking or riding a unicycle yourself. Lead by example for a couple years, and let us know how it works for you. I’m sure there are ways to improve and conserve energy, that don’t involve rebuilding the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slowly tax gas so a new electric car is cheaper than driving your 4 year old car. My issue is water pollution-far worse than carbon and already a major shortage around the world.
That is kind of harsh on family budgets.

If we improved the electric grid, modernizing it, and put TMSR to supply all the energy we need, it wouldnt really require any manipulation of gas prices.
If the family contributes most to the carbon issue, isn't that where the emphasis must be? Every year, millions of drivers are added, increasing emissions. Maybe kids can start walking to schools or libraries or the arcade again.

This is the type of ridiculous liberal bullshit, that will do nothing. Everything is just a simple fix. Maybe stop lying to people, to try and make yourself seem more important. And no, I don’t have a solution. Maybe you should set an example by walking or riding a unicycle yourself. Lead by example for a couple years, and let us know how it works for you. I’m sure there are ways to improve and conserve energy, that don’t involve rebuilding the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not a liberal, not lying to anybody, i'm old-not important, I walk to the gym, doctor's, blood clinic, convenience store, and landlord to pay rent. I do drive for groceries. Cutting down is not impossible-if you are too lazy or cynical to try anything then just sit down and be quiet. Nothing is mandatory here-did the same things when I was a kid-cars are a privilege and should be treated that way.

Forum List

Back