The Greatest Film Fantasy of All Time -- "Rear Window"

fncceo

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2016
In Paramount's 1954 "Rear Window", director Alfred Hitchcock counted on audiences willing to abandon any sense of rational thought or credulity by asking them to believe ...

... that stunning socialite Lisa Fremont, star of the fashion industry and one of the most beautiful women in New York (played by an equally stunning 25-year-old Grace Kelly) was willing to throw herself at L.B. Jefferies, a broke freelance camera bum with greying hair who manages to be both flabby and scrawny, played by a clearly aging, pale, and remarkably out of shape, 40-year-old Jimmy Stewart.

Rearwindow_trailer_2.jpg

I would be more willing to believe that "Lord of The Rings" was a documentary.

one of my favorites. I totally can believe it. there's no explaining what attracts women.

They say Jimmy Stewart really changed after his WW-II experience.....After the war he preferred to be cast in darker roles more befitting his changed personality.....I'd not judge him too harshly.

Jimmy Stewart and the WW2 Mission That Almost Broke Him

I don't judge Jimmy Stewart harshly at all ... he's a legit war hero. The first American movie star to enlist after Pearl Harbor, as a private in the Army Air Corp. As a civilian pilot and college graduate, he was commissioned a lieutenant and flew B-24 missions over Germany -- winning several decorations. After the war, as a reservist, he few both B-47s and B-52s.

Also, one of America's best actors, equally at ease in comedy and drama.

I only judge the shockingly bad love story between Grace Kelly (also a superb actress despite only being in five films). I just can't believe Grace Kelly would be in love with a much older Jimmy Stewart.

I don't judge Jimmy Stewart harshly at all ... he's a legit war hero. The first American movie star to enlist after Pearl Harbor, as a private in the Army Air Corp. As a civilian pilot and college graduate, he was commissioned a lieutenant and flew B-24 missions over Germany.
Anyone who flew in that easily exploding death trap on but one mission deserved a DFC.

Forum List

Back