The Great Resignation Is Turning Into the 'Great Regret.'

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
You knew this was eventually going to happen. Sounds like employers however do not have a green light to go back to the way things were prior to the pandemic. We'll see about that I guess.

The Great Resignation Is Turning Into the 'Great Regret.' Employers Are Joining In Too​

Many employees who joined the Great Resignation are discovering the grass isn't greener. (And the companies that hired them have regrets as well.) When management professor Anthony Klotz coined the term the "Great Resignation" in May 2021 he unleashed a tsunami of think pieces. For the last year experts have been arguing over who was quitting and why and how companies should respond. While they've been chattering away quit rates have stayed at historical highs, and even managers (and pop stars) have joined the Great Resignation.

You knew this was eventually going to happen. Sounds like employers however do not have a green light to go back to the way things were prior to the pandemic. We'll see about that I guess.

The Great Resignation Is Turning Into the 'Great Regret.' Employers Are Joining In Too​

Only an idiot would quit a job without knowing what they`ll do next.

So, you did not even read the article did you?

So no, the Great Regret isn't license to be a toxic or cheapskate boss. What this national wave of resignation regret does signal is that many of us -- both leaders and employees alike -- were too hasty in making decisions over the last couple of years. There's good reason our thinking hasn't been at its clearest, of course, so going forward we all should think a bit more carefully before resigning or hiring.

The actual Great Resignation was based in large part on clot shot mandates. Until all the companies have reversed these policies they will struggle to reach pre-ronaflu employment levels.
I imagine the % numbers they are posting as regrets & wanting the old job back may not be much different than pre-dempanic times.
The grass has always been greener to the sheeple & they rarely learn lessons, falling into the same bad decisions time & again

This is nothing new despite the coined "Great Resignation" blow up. It has nothing to do with masks or vaccines. It can be attributed somewhat due to the lockdowns and the subsequent work-from-home that was implemented. Suddenly, workers saw that there were options other than climbing in a car every day and reporting for the same, tired old routine of toxicity that they had been putting up with for years. There were a lot of older workers who just flat out retired. The article doesn't really go into all these things but the pandemic sped up the changes that were already in progress.

The article intimates that a lot of people who left one job for another had regrets. It wasn't what they thought it would be.
That's been true since the beginning of time. It's all in the worker's expectations.

The actual Great Resignation was based in large part on clot shot mandates. Until all the companies have reversed these policies they will struggle to reach pre-ronaflu employment levels.
I imagine the % numbers they are posting as regrets & wanting the old job back may not be much different than pre-dempanic times.
The grass has always been greener to the sheeple & they rarely learn lessons, falling into the same bad decisions time & again
Why cant the Butt-gig figure out why so many flights get cancelled, when his goofy administration caused a large number of pilots to retire or be fired??

Forum List

Back