The Great Awokening breaks Trader Joe's

The humorous bullying scolds of the Great Awokening how now turned their sites on Trader Joe's. In their sour worldview, Trader Jose, Trader Giotti and Trader Ming are WACIST. Sadly, Trader Joe's is caving into the mob, and relabeling everything as "Joe's" from now on. But isn't that PATRIARCHICAL?

"While this approach to product naming may have been rooted in a lighthearted attempt at inclusiveness, we recognize that it may now have the opposite effect— one that is contrary to the welcoming, rewarding customer experience we strive to create every day," said Kenya Friend-Daniel, national director of public relations for Trader Joe's. "With this in mind, we made the decision several years ago to use only the Trader Joe's name on our products moving forward. Since then, we have been in the process of updating older labels and replacing any variations with the name Trader Joe's, and we will continue do so until we complete this important work.

"At this time, I don’t have an exact date but we expect to have the work completed very soon. Packaging for a number of the products has already been changed, but there’s a small number of products in which the packaging is still going through the process."

OK, I guess I'm not woke and will probably not wake any time soon. I don't get the nature of the problem with Trader Joe's. I don't think there are any in Tennessee, so it probably will not effect me. All I know of Trader Joe's is, it is a supposed to be a good place to get cheap blended wine.

TJ's has much more than cheap blended wine. They have nice variety of produce, meat, cheese, baked goods, ingredients, and some prepared food. I love their house brand olive oils, which are now going to be Trader Joe's instead of Trader Giotti's. I hate the humorlessness of woke millennials.
Seriously, I read the article and still do not understand the problem of the Woke (what a damn word) millennials. I usually understand what people are bitching about, even if I blow it off as not applying to me or that I just don't care. This time I don't understand what I'm blowing off. Make me feel old somehow.

Woke is just another collectivist cult using shaming and domestic terrorism to gain power. French Revolution, Russian Revolution, Maoist Cultural Revolution...it's happened before and in the end, they consume themselves.
Woke is a social warrior word. Really it is extortion.............forced acceptance.......shaming and virtue signalling are all part of their tactics..................works on sheep.....not so much to people that flip them off.........

Time for more people to tell them to go to hell........if they get bent .....get violent because the spoiled little wankers don't get their way.......time for a beat down..........We have never needed that more in this country than today.............

#41: Yes, they are selfish and full of themselves. Chodorov has already pointed out an important difference: that between selfishness and individualism. (Fugitive Essays)

The humorous bullying scolds of the Great Awokening how now turned their sites on Trader Joe's. In their sour worldview, Trader Jose, Trader Giotti and Trader Ming are WACIST. Sadly, Trader Joe's is caving into the mob, and relabeling everything as "Joe's" from now on. But isn't that PATRIARCHICAL?

"While this approach to product naming may have been rooted in a lighthearted attempt at inclusiveness, we recognize that it may now have the opposite effect— one that is contrary to the welcoming, rewarding customer experience we strive to create every day," said Kenya Friend-Daniel, national director of public relations for Trader Joe's. "With this in mind, we made the decision several years ago to use only the Trader Joe's name on our products moving forward. Since then, we have been in the process of updating older labels and replacing any variations with the name Trader Joe's, and we will continue do so until we complete this important work.

"At this time, I don’t have an exact date but we expect to have the work completed very soon. Packaging for a number of the products has already been changed, but there’s a small number of products in which the packaging is still going through the process."

It's the label on your granola bar. Relax, Snowflake.
But the label on my pancake syrup! And the label on my ice cream products! You have sullied everything so much that people have noticed. They are even being destroyed now. You keep cornering them they will respond somehow. Back off. But you can't. Its not in you. You go for the kill when there is no reason to. And we have seen this before in history. Just packaged different. With the names changed.

OK, I guess I'm not woke and will probably not wake any time soon. I don't get the nature of the problem with Trader Joe's. I don't think there are any in Tennessee, so it probably will not effect me. All I know of Trader Joe's is, it is a supposed to be a good place to get cheap blended wine.

TJ's has much more than cheap blended wine. They have nice variety of produce, meat, cheese, baked goods, ingredients, and some prepared food. I love their house brand olive oils, which are now going to be Trader Joe's instead of Trader Giotti's. I hate the humorlessness of woke millennials.
Seriously, I read the article and still do not understand the problem of the Woke (what a damn word) millennials. I usually understand what people are bitching about, even if I blow it off as not applying to me or that I just don't care. This time I don't understand what I'm blowing off. Make me feel old somehow.

Woke is just another collectivist cult using shaming and domestic terrorism to gain power. French Revolution, Russian Revolution, Maoist Cultural Revolution...it's happened before and in the end, they consume themselves.
Woke is a social warrior word. Really it is extortion.............forced acceptance.......shaming and virtue signalling are all part of their tactics..................works on sheep.....not so much to people that flip them off.........

Time for more people to tell them to go to hell........if they get bent .....get violent because the spoiled little wankers don't get their way.......time for a beat down..........We have never needed that more in this country than today.............

Yet there really aren't such courageous folks.....

Why?

Why?

There are some: i.e the Goya CEO.

Why?
I don't know these woke folks.............I think that should be handled by a mental health professional.

Why?

Where is the invisible Republican Party that we elected to confront this lawless lying revolution?

Why?

Where is the invisible Republican Party that we elected to confront this lawless lying revolution?

Excellent question.

lol! Everyone is soooooo afraid of the threat of losing money...money slaves. They will literally apologize for anything.

It's more than just losing money. You end up having your name smeared in the press, and being shunned by friends and family, and heckled wherever you go.

Also, and admittedly this does not apply to Trader Joe's specifically, but franchise stores, obviously have franchise owners, that will scream and yell about the company. They do have some influence.

Granted again, Trader Joe's isn't a franchise, so it doesn't directly apply in this case.

But the reality is that you are right, that these companies are spineless, and that presents a problem. Specifically that in acting this way, they feed the beast. Every single time that you cave into the SJW crowd, you in effect justify them.

And all that does is make them engage in this behavior more. It's like paying out a ransom. As soon as you pay out a single ransom, you tell every single criminal gang on the planet, that this is how you earn money.

These SJW people are no different. Just feeding the beast.
The biggest problem is that we have corporatism. As we know from Econ 101..the MAIN purpose of any corporation is to achieve ever increasing profits for its stakeholder.
With an interconnected global, corporate culture the pressure to 'not fuck up' to put it bluntly is magnified greatly. Any error, or perceived error may potentially jeopardize the all important "bottom line'...degrees of separation are minimized in this world, and therefore the pressure of the system is greatly exerted on any individual node to "conform" for the sake of profit.
Everything is corporate...everything is profit driven.

The main purpose of ANY BUSINESS ANYWHERE.... is to make ever increasing profits for the stake holder.

If I start my own business of mowing lawns. One employee.... ME... the stake holder is ME... The goal of the business is to make ME ever increasing profits.

You say "everything is profit driven" as if there is anything that is not profit driven.

If you didn't make a profit from going to your job, you wouldn't do it.

What do you think selling your labor is? You are selling your labor, and that costs you money. It costs you money to drive to work. Cost you money to buy work clothes.

The value of your labor, that exceeds your cost of working, is profit. You are doing this for profit. Nearly everything that you do, is for profit, or you wouldn't do it.

AND! You would not continue to work there generally, unless you believe there would be increasing profits in the future, in the form of a promotion, or cost of living increase, or moving up to a different more profitable position.

Staying at your job, is for ever increasing profits.

Similarly, if I never believe that I'll be able to grow my business and more profits the next year, and the year after... I will stop doing that business, and find something else to do.

Almost everything in life, is for profit driven.

That's not the problem.

Why?

Excellent question.

I am not an optimist.

I believe we are viewing the end stage of a great and noble experiment in self governance.

You don't have a clue what I think about the GOP, obviously.
This post was not meant for you. It was meant for Political Chic who asked,
"Where is the invisible Republican Party that we elected to confront this lawless lying revolution?"

To which you replied, "great question" which leads me to believe I may know more about your beliefs
than you wish to acknowledge and your beliefs are closer to mine in this regard, again, than you than you
may wish to acknowledge. Don't ruffle your feathers over this.

Why?

They were primaried, starting back in the Bush years. Republican party basically gone. All that is left is the hollowed out trump republicans and the Republicans wishing for a third party or changing to Independents.

Why?

Excellent question.

I am not an optimist.

I believe we are viewing the end stage of a great and noble experiment in self governance.
And your solution to self governance is what, again?

You don't have a clue what I think about the GOP, obviously.
This post was not meant for you. It was meant for Political Chic who asked,
"Where is the invisible Republican Party that we elected to confront this lawless lying revolution?"

To which you replied, "great question" which leads me to believe I may know more about your beliefs
than you wish to acknowledge and your beliefs are closer to mine in this regard, again, than you than you
may wish to acknowledge. Don't ruffle your feathers over this.

Peace out.

Why?

They were primaried, starting back in the Bush years. Republican party basically gone. All that is left is the hollowed out trump republicans and the Republicans wishing for a third party or changing to Independents.

Why do you suppose that is?

lol! Everyone is soooooo afraid of the threat of losing money...money slaves. They will literally apologize for anything.

It's more than just losing money. You end up having your name smeared in the press, and being shunned by friends and family, and heckled wherever you go.

Also, and admittedly this does not apply to Trader Joe's specifically, but franchise stores, obviously have franchise owners, that will scream and yell about the company. They do have some influence.

Granted again, Trader Joe's isn't a franchise, so it doesn't directly apply in this case.

But the reality is that you are right, that these companies are spineless, and that presents a problem. Specifically that in acting this way, they feed the beast. Every single time that you cave into the SJW crowd, you in effect justify them.

And all that does is make them engage in this behavior more. It's like paying out a ransom. As soon as you pay out a single ransom, you tell every single criminal gang on the planet, that this is how you earn money.

These SJW people are no different. Just feeding the beast.
The biggest problem is that we have corporatism. As we know from Econ 101..the MAIN purpose of any corporation is to achieve ever increasing profits for its stakeholder.
With an interconnected global, corporate culture the pressure to 'not fuck up' to put it bluntly is magnified greatly. Any error, or perceived error may potentially jeopardize the all important "bottom line'...degrees of separation are minimized in this world, and therefore the pressure of the system is greatly exerted on any individual node to "conform" for the sake of profit.
Everything is corporate...everything is profit driven.

The main purpose of ANY BUSINESS ANYWHERE.... is to make ever increasing profits for the stake holder.

If I start my own business of mowing lawns. One employee.... ME... the stake holder is ME... The goal of the business is to make ME ever increasing profits.

You say "everything is profit driven" as if there is anything that is not profit driven.

If you didn't make a profit from going to your job, you wouldn't do it.

What do you think selling your labor is? You are selling your labor, and that costs you money. It costs you money to drive to work. Cost you money to buy work clothes.

The value of your labor, that exceeds your cost of working, is profit. You are doing this for profit. Nearly everything that you do, is for profit, or you wouldn't do it.

AND! You would not continue to work there generally, unless you believe there would be increasing profits in the future, in the form of a promotion, or cost of living increase, or moving up to a different more profitable position.

Staying at your job, is for ever increasing profits.

Similarly, if I never believe that I'll be able to grow my business and more profits the next year, and the year after... I will stop doing that business, and find something else to do.

Almost everything in life, is for profit driven.

That's not the problem.
You missed the point. Interconnection, big data, and instant information culture have huge consequences on bottom line. Large corporations are interconnected globally. These legal persons have hundreds of thousands...if not millions of stakeholders worldwide...all on social media..all subject to a 24 hour news cycle. Any negative report, complaint, perceived injustice can be magnified over night resulting in the loss of millions...market share...brand image...lawsuits...piling.
Additionally, ANY corporation even disparately connected will cut ties and pull ntiself away in a millisecond at the firt sign of any threat.
Bob's Shoe Source in Danbury, CT., (for example), is not a big data driven, interconnected corporation. Bob has stakeholders in his community...but no stockholders.
He has connections but no real interconnectivity as his operations are at scale that simply does not require it.
Bob's is a sole proprietorship...pushing $8K in merchandise per month...Does Bob care about his customers? Yes. Does Bob care about increasing profits? Yes of course.
But Bob is not subject to the level of scrutiny or negative ramifications unless his actions are overt.

Do you see the diff?

Forum List

Back