The Great Awakening: Tidal Wave of Social Media Users Exit Twitter for Free Speech Alternative

Sunsettommy

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2018
Pj Media

The Great Awakening: Tidal Wave of Social Media Users Exit Twitter for Free Speech Alternative
BY CARMINE SABIA JR. JUN 25, 2020

Excerpt:

The empire of Rome was destroyed from within and the empire of Twitter is falling in the same way.

The social media giant has caused a tidal wave of an exodus to its more conservative competitor Parler after it deleted two popular conservative accounts and began adding disclaimers to the tweets of President Donald Trump.

This week alone, according to analytics researched by Mediate, around a half a million people have migrated to Parler.

The increase brings the total number of accounts on the platform, which was co-founded in 2018 by John Matze and Jared Thomson, to 1.5 million.

“Parler is a non-biased free speech driven entity. Our goal is to offer the world a platform that protects user’s rights, supports publishers and builds online communities,” the website says of itself.

LINK

=====

Soon Trump will also join the run to Parler, this will damage twitters bottom line.

Well, on one hand, I have to give the conservatives who've moved credit for not being whiny bitches. They voted with their feet (erm...accounts). Unfortunately, this service is destined to become yet another alt-right echo chamber. I'm sure the people who espouse opinions that cross the conservative masses will soon be shouted down and driven out. And check out Point #9 on their TOS and their community guidelines. (Hint, they can do the same thing that Twitter is doing).

Well, on one hand, I have to give the conservatives who've moved credit for not being whiny bitches. They voted with their feet (erm...accounts). Unfortunately, this service is destined to become yet another alt-right echo chamber. I'm sure the people who espouse opinions that cross the conservative masses will soon be shouted down and driven out. And check out Point #9 on their TOS and their community guidelines. (Hint, they can do the same thing that Twitter is doing).

Since most of the old media are dominated by censorious leftists, Parler can fill in a need for people who wants to escape the tyranny of leftist censorship. Thus they have motivation to keep it free and open to ANYONE, since they are truly free of censorship, would make their platform very attractive.

Forum List

Back