The governor of Minnesota's irresponsible comments following the Daunte Wright shooting

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Maybe I'm making too much of this, but a leader saying "another life of a Black man taken by law enforcement" just gets people whipped up even further unnecessarily.
Especially in a case where it appears the officer made a mistake, and was not attempting to use lethal force.

Tweet

Conversation

Governor Tim Walz
@GovTimWalz

I am closely monitoring the situation in Brooklyn Center. Gwen and I are praying for Daunte Wright’s family as our state mourns another life of a Black man taken by law enforcement.

8:02 PM · Apr 11, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

(8) Governor Tim Walz on Twitter: "I am closely monitoring the situation in Brooklyn Center. Gwen and I are praying for Daunte Wright’s family as our state mourns another life of a Black man taken by law enforcement." / Twitter

Maybe I'm making too much of this, but a leader saying "another life of a Black man taken by law enforcement" just gets people whipped up even further unnecessarily.
Especially in a case where it appears the officer made a mistake, and was not attempting to use lethal force.

Tweet

Conversation

Governor Tim Walz
@GovTimWalz

I am closely monitoring the situation in Brooklyn Center. Gwen and I are praying for Daunte Wright’s family as our state mourns another life of a Black man taken by law enforcement.

(8) Governor Tim Walz on Twitter: "I am closely monitoring the situation in Brooklyn Center. Gwen and I are praying for Daunte Wright’s family as our state mourns another life of a Black man taken by law enforcement." / Twitter

The governor has to talk that way.

I assume he has political ambitions.

The Donald would never have said something like that. So that's why "liberals" (my foot!) and the media "disliked" him so intensely!

Wonder how fast the family got that gofundme online, the hood lotto.

Tweet

Conversation

Governor Tim Walz
@GovTimWalz

What he should have said was "If the person did not try to avoid arrest and run and just followed the lawful orders of the police he would be alive today.

Tweet

Conversation

Governor Tim Walz
@GovTimWalz

Stoking rage is acceptable because this is what media have suggested is acceptable, it is what they promote. Ditto for politicians, on both sides to be honest. He wouldn't use that same racial tone if he were speaking about gang on gang violence in his city, but, he figures he can shore up a few votes from an angry mob by piggybacking off of the anger. Politicians are rarely viewed as principled.

Now, bad/stupid/incompetent/corrupt cops, or any other number of adjectives, places good/honest/intelligent/measured cops in a bad light. It's quite unfortunate.

Recall what happened in NY a couple of years ago after the choking case. Officers were shot in their cruisers for no other reason than for being cops, even if they might have been the best officers of the bunch.

I have little sympathy for those who abuse their power and there must be harsh consequences for incompetence. Being a uniformed cop is a tough job, you need to right people, especially those with the proper mental capacity and clarity to apply logic to a situation. Often with short notice.

A politician shouldn't be generating divisive language that could endanger others. Nor should poor quality officers be recruited. Some probably have an agenda with the vigor in which they exploit certain issues.

Walz is an elitist lifer educrat punk, trying to pass himself off as the "regular guy".

Tweet

Conversation

Governor Tim Walz
@GovTimWalz

He should have celebrated the death of this guy and pointed to his past as justification for why he should have died...that is what Jesus would do

Haven't followed this much but did see a short video clip. In clip cop is attempting to put on handcuffs for some reason stops and guy jumps in car...sorry that's all I know. My confusion is why was the shooting a mistake?

Tweet

Conversation

Governor Tim Walz
@GovTimWalz

He should have celebrated the death of this guy and pointed to his past as justification for why he should have died...that is what Jesus would do

EvenIknow2.jpg

Haven't followed this much but did see a short video clip. In clip cop is attempting to put on handcuffs for some reason stops and guy jumps in car...sorry that's all I know. My confusion is why was the shooting a mistake?
Because she thought her gun was a taser and accidentally shot him....

And everyone knows you can totally shoot people if you think you aren't shooting them

Tweet

Conversation

Governor Tim Walz
@GovTimWalz

View attachment 479483

So are you saying closeted racist cucks like yourself don't try to justify the murder of someone by pointing to that person's past??

Pretty close.

The cop "stopped" because the perp slipped the cuffs and jumped into the driver seat....The cop clearly shouted "TASER! TASER! TASER!" before pulling the trigger....It appears to be an honest mistake.

Tweet

Conversation

Governor Tim Walz
@GovTimWalz

View attachment 479483

So are you saying closeted racist cucks like yourself don't try to justify the murder of someone by pointing to that person's past??

Ah, the tossing of the ol' race card....How drearily predictable.....Get a new routine.

Anyone of any ethnicity doing what that fool did runs the risk of deadly force, and you know it.

And everyone knows you can totally shoot people if you think you aren't shooting them
Well....how bout this....quit breaking the law and you won't get pulled over by a female cop who got her job thru liberal diversity policies that Democrats put in place, who might panic and shoot your black ass.

Well....how bout this....quit breaking the law and you won't get pulled over by a female cop who got her job thru liberal diversity policies that Democrats put in place, who might panic and shoot your black ass.
K..
0df2b142-88d8-4e72-999b-fd4c8af2e1c2_1920x1080.jpg

The Governor should have made a statement less incendiary. Its just common sense...

K..
View attachment 479488
She was gunned down without any warning whatsoever.

Using that example as a template, it's perfectly legit to start capping black street hooligans at random, and without ID-ing the shooters.

Forum List

Back