The GOP serious Dilemma

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
It seems that the GOP is stuck with Trump…..Defying all of the popular “wisdom” by pundits, Trump has captured some strange need for republicans to commit mass “suicide”…

Perhaps it is the disappointment that republicans have felt since 2009 when they boasted that the Tea Sippers would fix DC…They gave power to local, state and federal elected officials and got nothing in return for the last 7 years….Ergo, the Trump appeal..(as one conservative friend acerbically quipped, “better a clown than yet another whore”.)

But, once the dust settles and the current in-fighting in the primaries subsides, conservative voters will be faced with a very, very difficult choice…..They would never vote for Clinton…that is a given….but to enthusiastically show up to cast their vote for Trump may prove a too hard pill to swallow.

If such happens, many conservatives may feel so dejected and just stay home….giving Hillary (a flawed candidate) the oval office and, unwittingly, give the democrats back control of the senate (AND, by default, also a majority in the SCOTUS.)

• Banned
Here's an example from one of today's AP reports......

MIDLOTHIAN, Va. (AP) — Sheila Covert is worried about Donald Trump.

A loyal Republican voter from swing state Virginia, Covert calls the businessman "bombastic" and says there's "just no substance" in his boastful campaign rhetoric.

But if Trump does become the GOP presidential nominee?

"Well, I'd definitely vote for him," said Covert, an 81-year-old from the Richmond suburb of Powhatan. After a pause, she added, "But I hope and pray it doesn't come to that."

Covert is part of a legion of skeptical Republican voters across the United States coming to grips with the prospect that Trump, a candidate whose appeal they simply can't understand, may end of being their party's best chance for retaking the White House.

"It seems that the GOP is stuck with Trump…..Defying all of the popular “wisdom” by pundits, Trump has captured some strange need for republicans to commit mass “suicide”…"

Interesting choice of words....

Of course the last person to put their life in Hillary's hands was left behind in Benghazi when every other nation pulled their people out, denied additional security hundreds of times, had 14 members of his security detail stripped after 2 terrorist attacks on his compound, was left to die, Hilary lied about the whole thing to save her ass, and 'lemming' Libs then tried to blame the dead man for inability to run her AGENCY and protect the lives of those few with whom she was entrusted....

Seems like entrusting your life toi Hillary is more of a gamble.

Maybe she will replace her Secret Service detail, if she wins, with the same Al Qaeida-associated militia she hired to protect Stevens?! :p

New poll today shows Trump beating everybody...including Hillary and Sanders. Quite the dilemma :rolleyes:

It seems that the GOP is stuck with Trump…..Defying all of the popular “wisdom” by pundits, Trump has captured some strange need for republicans to commit mass “suicide”…

Perhaps it is the disappointment that republicans have felt since 2009 when they boasted that the Tea Sippers would fix DC…They gave power to local, state and federal elected officials and got nothing in return for the last 7 years….Ergo, the Trump appeal..(as one conservative friend acerbically quipped, “better a clown than yet another whore”.)

But, once the dust settles and the current in-fighting in the primaries subsides, conservative voters will be faced with a very, very difficult choice…..They would never vote for Clinton…that is a given….but to enthusiastically show up to cast their vote for Trump may prove a too hard pill to swallow.

If such happens, many conservatives may feel so dejected and just stay home….giving Hillary (a flawed candidate) the oval office and, unwittingly, give the democrats back control of the senate (AND, by default, also a majority in the SCOTUS.)

You are forgetting that if it's Hillary, you will lose much of the young vote who wanted Bernie. Plus, I wouldn't rule out a brokered convention in the GOP, perhaps even in the DNC.

I haven't decided if I can follow Trump yet. Course I don't find his kingship is inevitable yet.

I may have to sit this one out. But I sure as heck won't support Hillary. Who knows trump may surprise me.

if Trump wins the General election his biggest problem will be getting establishment Republicans in Congress to pass his legislation.

12524257_10154083233491336_7927921895818625048_n.png

if Trump wins the General election his biggest problem will be getting establishment Republicans in Congress to pass his legislation.

The above, in a nutshell, is precisely what conservatives for Trump are "forgetting"...The guy's rhetoric smacks of stupidity that he could do what he boasts he can.....as if congress did not exist.

The above, in a nutshell, is precisely what conservatives for Trump are "forgetting"...The guy's rhetoric smacks of stupidity that he could do what he boasts he can.....as if congress did not exist.

He'll have Obama's pen and phone

New poll today shows Trump beating everybody...including Hillary and Sanders. Quite the dilemma :rolleyes:

Love to see that poll.....

RCP shows the following:

Clinton vs. Trump
FOX Hillary up by 5
Quinnipac Hillary up by 1
PPP Hillary up by 7

Sanders vs. Trump

FOX Bernie up by 15
Quinnipac Bernie up by 6
PPP Bernie up by 4

Here's an example from one of today's AP reports......

MIDLOTHIAN, Va. (AP) — Sheila Covert is worried about Donald Trump.

A loyal Republican voter from swing state Virginia, Covert calls the businessman "bombastic" and says there's "just no substance" in his boastful campaign

It's a mistake to think any politician has substance. They all take care of entrenched corporate interests, especially Republicans.

Searching for substance is futile. Trump's lack of actual policy knowledge on the Middle East is like Bush's. Both men take a simple view of the world, and they promise to drop bombs on evil doers so that freedom may spring from the smoldering rubble - but neither man understands the instability that is unleashed by dropping bombs and removing leadership. This is why Reagan chose to support the evil Hussein (who controlled the warring tribes) over a democratic leader who would've been handicapped by law and moral restraint. [Friend, I beg you. Turn off Fox News and research WHY Reagan supported the young and very evil Hussein]

Trump is a bailout guy. He went hat in hand to the nanny government for bankruptcy protection several times. He is going to do what all Presidents do. Protect the wealthy and fuck those who can't afford lobbyists.
(And Fox News will cover it up by convincing morons that poor people living beneath bridges are robbing us blind as the Koch brothers fly quietly overhead)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back