The GOP controlled House had over 700 votes but only passed 27 laws for 2023

And you thought congress was dysfunctional 5 years ago. Talk about yikes.

You do know that the House only passes bills, not laws, right?

That's a good thing dumbass

One thing we don't need is a lot of unnecessary new laws. The laws the GOP majority in Congress did pass were significant and ALL were beneficial for the American people. None took away any liberties, options, opportunities, possibilities for people to be able to live their lives as the choose and seek to prosper. Most died in a Democrat controlled Senate who is not interested in increasing the liberties, options, opportunities, possibilities for the American people.

Which laws did we really need passed that they didn’t?

Other than a budget do we really need Congress to pass a bunch of legislation next year or most years?

They had 700 votes. They vote on motions, amendments, Resolutions ...
Still higher than last year in terms of votes and the passing was way lower than last year. Why is this shit hard to understand? I don’t get it.

I find it very bizarre you’re not getting this. 27 bills passed the House that ultimately became laws.
I find it bizarre that you fail to recognize the stats you are quoting point direct to dysfunction in the Senate. House passes hundred of bills, sending them to the Senate and the Senate only votes 27 of them into law?

I find it bizarre that you fail to recognize the stats you are quoting point direct to dysfunction in the Senate. House passes hundred of bills, sending them to the Senate and the Senate only votes 27 of them into law?
Uh well no because bills can originate in either chamber. They do not have to originate in the House. The House voted on bills that originated there and came there from the senate. Gee how convenient you absolve the House of any responsibility and blame the senate. Are you really that much of a child?

Read this from the article:

That is more voting and less lawmaking than at any other time in the past decade, according to an analysis by the Bipartisan Policy Center, and a far less productive record than that of last year, when Democrats had unified control of Congress. The House held 549 votes in 2022, according to the House clerk, and passed 248 bills that were signed into law, according to records kept by the Library of Congress, including a bipartisan infrastructure law, the Inflation Reduction Act and the first bipartisan gun safety bill in decades.

So your point is that the GOP House had 700 votes and passed 27 really good, big laws?

Have the Democrats ever passed 27 really good new laws in a decade?

Or ever???
lol what? You’re completely making shit up. You know nothing about those 27

lol what? You’re completely making shit up. You know nothing about those 27

I know they are better than anything the DNC ever did.

And I'm smart enough to know that it isn't about the number but the quality.

And I know that it is better to have too little government that too much.

I don't want my government passing 500 new regulations each year restricting my life, each 30,000 pages long that no one has even read.

Forum List

Back