The Goodwill thrift store

Stann

Platinum Member
Jul 26, 2021
Once a month are going to the Goodwill thrift store in our town. I figure anything I purchase is a bargain and it helps the local poor out. I usually just look to the books I love cookbooks, nature and garden books. When I glanced at the DVDs I noticed something interesting, a movie entitled what the bleep do we know !? It's a mind -bending trip down the rabbit hole that combines science and spirituality. Came out in 2004 a p20 th. Century Fox production. I enjoyed it hope you do too.

I like the Goodwill store, too. It's a fairly well-to-do community here, and we have one. It's huge.

Sometimes I go in just to walk around. And then whenever I'm just dropping stuff off for them I go in.

I find all sorts of cool trinketry.

I used to go to thrift stores.... very nice.... but I don't go anymore.

But I did get a very nice wooden, solid book stand.

Some good books too.

I like the Goodwill store, too. It's a fairly well-to-do community here, and we have one. It's huge.

Sometimes I go in just to walk around. And then whenever I'm just dropping stuff off for them I go in.

I find all sorts of cool trinketry.
I'm currently downsizing , bought way too many trinkets.

Once a month are going to the Goodwill thrift store in our town. I figure anything I purchase is a bargain and it helps the local poor out.
Years ago, when I was playhing in a band in San Diego, I used to hit the local Goodwill for "stage clothes"; usually kitschy sports jackets or shirts...

I hate trinkets,

they gather dust....I don't need more junk

if anything it's vintage clothes ... and wood furniture, nice wood vintage furniture, that's it.

I am selling my house and dropping a lot of good stuff at the Goodwill. Books, records, dvd's, golf clubs, catcher's equipment, toys, luggage.

I hope people enjoy the stuff as much as I did. More.

I am selling my house and dropping a lot of good stuff at the Goodwill. Books, records, dvd's, golf clubs, catcher's equipment, toys, luggage.

I hope people enjoy the stuff as much as I did. More.

I got a spare putter there.

They always have a bunch of golf clubs.

I hate trinkets,

if anything it's vintage clothes ... and wood furniture, nice wood vintage furniture, that's it.

They actually have a lot of old records at the one around here.

I even saw some of those oldies you like mixed in there.

They have shelves full of em.

Years ago, when I was playhing in a band in San Diego, I used to hit the local Goodwill for "stage clothes"; usually kitschy sports jackets or shirts...

I bought a couple of those cool 70s buttton down shirts.

Well, I think they're cool anyway. Most sane folks probably think they look crazy. lol.

Kind of like this. lolol.

87fb85c19ba620688b84c6e114d184f8.jpg

I haven't been in a thrift store for more than a year or more, with all this COVID shit and all....

Hell I haven't been to the Mall or to Sephora either.... too bad LOL

I hate trinkets,

I have eight bookcases in my home, four along one wall and the others scattered throughout the home. It takes me 2 hours to dust them all. Fortunately I don't doubt that often.

When I had my antique store and ladie's boutique store, I shopped at GW all the time. Bought stuff to resell. Also did it when I was a power seller on Ebay. Made some good bucks, too.

Sal Army is WAY overpriced and usually dirty. GW is better priced and cleaner. But there is one thrift store I hit twice a week. I don't buy stuff to resell any more, but I DO let the manager lady know when she is underpriced for an item. Like the piano shawl she had priced at 4.49. I took it to her and said "put a 5 in front of that first 4. This is a piano shawl, pure silk, hand loomed, made in spain. I had one I bought some time back at another thrift store, paid 15 bucks for it, sold it to a lady in Santa Barbara for 250 bucks". People in France were trying to get me to sell to them but I didn't ship out of the country, so the Santa Barbara lady was very happy.

A few months ago, that same thrift store manager had a HUGE persian rug. At least 10x13, hand woven, probably from Iraq or Pakistan..somewhere in the ME. She had the price of 24.95 on it. So I showed her how to tell the difference between the weave, the fringe if it has any, the feel and texture, the THICKNESS. My guesstimate was it was about 50 years old in very good condition. I told her to put 700 bucks on it. She looked at my doubtfully, but did it. It was gone the next day. I asked her if she got full price and she hugged me. lol

Anyway..I go to get craft supplies. Odds and ends. And I walk her store, looking. I tell her any time I find something under priced, so she always gives me half off everything. :)

I've been debating on what I'm gonna do with some of my guitars.

I've got too many.

I'm probably gonna keep a strat, a tele, my six string and twelve string electric acoustics and find a new home for the rest.

It got to a point to where I was buying the same guitars over and over again just to have another color.

I like the pastels for some reason.

I have eight bookcases in my home, four along one wall and the others scattered throughout the home. It takes me 2 hours to dust them all. Fortunately I don't doubt that often.

Takes you 2 hours to dust some bookcases?

wow.... weird

I bought a couple of those cool 70s buttton down shirts.

Well, I think they're cool anyway. Most sane folks probably think they look crazy. lol.

Kind of like this. lolol.

87fb85c19ba620688b84c6e114d184f8.jpg
In 1964 I bought a pair of elephant bell bottom pants with that kind of pattern on them. The School principal noticed and told me never to wear them again to school.

Takes you 2 hours to dust some bookcases?

wow.... weird
You have to remove all the trinkets, Dust the shelves and put the trinkets back up. Too many trinkets ! Currently downsizing.

Speaking of goodwill...go shopping online from every state.

You'll be gobsmacked at what people will pay to outbid someone else. Jeez. Take a gander!

Forum List

Back