The Future Of The (Scared, White) GOP

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
Yes, in the national elections it will be even more reflective in 2016 then in 2012.

The 2012 election, according to sociologist Michael Kimmel, merely crystallized a much larger cultural and economic shift already taking place in the country. In his top-selling new book, Angry White Men, Kimmel describes the gradual but profound changes that have marginalized—and continue to marginalize—white men in America. These changes, Kimmel argues, have left the country’s once dominant group with a sense of “aggrieved entitlement”—the sense that their rightful place has been usurped.

If white voters are angry now, just wait. The U.S. Census Bureau predicts that, by the year 2042, racial minority groups will make up the majority of the nation’s population—and voters. Nobody really knows how this so-called “majority-minority” shift will affect Americans’ attitudes and actions, although many believe it will spell even further trouble for conservatives and Republicans.

windowtitle

• Banned
"One has to acknowledge the consequences of the post-civil war changing agrarian economy of the rural south. Over time, the farms and their occupants inhabiting Georgia’s Coastal Plains have become accustomed to change and have been forced to make difficult choices between maintaining their existing cultural identity and adapting to progressive social change. South Georgia’s agrarian economy has adapted to several episodes of dramatic social unrest and change; in each instance, the people and culture may have shifted, but the resolve to cultivate the land remained an important marker of professional identity. Considering the history of the state sheds light on how notions of entitlement first arose and then became entrenched in the rural south.

The South has often been a hotbed of intolerance for liberal social theory, in part, due to the attempt by those in power to maintain the hegemony"

Grounding Aggrieved Entitlement Anthropology-News

Which is why your party is running 3 white men and an old white woman?

What the make up of the GOP running?

2 Cubans, 1 woman, I Indian, etc.

Run with that 'scared white GOP'.

I'll sit back and laugh

• Banned

I'll sit back and laugh

And they are not old christer crackers from jesusland

Yes, in the national elections it will be even more reflective in 2016 then in 2012.

The 2012 election, according to sociologist Michael Kimmel, merely crystallized a much larger cultural and economic shift already taking place in the country. In his top-selling new book, Angry White Men, Kimmel describes the gradual but profound changes that have marginalized—and continue to marginalize—white men in America. These changes, Kimmel argues, have left the country’s once dominant group with a sense of “aggrieved entitlement”—the sense that their rightful place has been usurped.

If white voters are angry now, just wait. The U.S. Census Bureau predicts that, by the year 2042, racial minority groups will make up the majority of the nation’s population—and voters. Nobody really knows how this so-called “majority-minority” shift will affect Americans’ attitudes and actions, although many believe it will spell even further trouble for conservatives and Republicans.

windowtitle
FYI - It'll spell trouble for everyone, the entire nation. Trouble makers will stoke the fires of hatred and racism for many decades to come. America is becoming more divided with each passing day. Racism has played a part in many elections, and I doubt that'll change. And, according to history, it's not only "Angry White Men", it's also "Angry Black Men". Anger and hatred are universal in this nation, it plays no favorites.

• Banned

windowtitle
FYI - It'll spell trouble for everyone, the entire nation. Trouble makers will stoke the fires of hatred and racism for many decades to come. America is becoming more divided with each passing day. Racism has played a part in many elections, and I doubt that'll change. And, according to history, it's not only "Angry White Men", it's also "Angry Black Men". Anger and hatred are universal in this nation, it plays no favorites.

And right now the angry whites are angry that they are losing power and the current minority population are not being docile and quite anymore.

I'll sit back and laugh

And they are not old christer crackers from jesusland

You're right, to a point...

Florida, Louisiana, Texas, Ohio, California, New Jersey, etc
Nice cross section of the US

Yours are all east coast.

Vermont, Rhode Island, Maryland, and a carpetbagger from Arkansas now living in New York.
Lot of diversity there.

• Banned

windowtitle

And right now the angry whites are angry that they are losing power and the current minority population are not being docile and quite anymore.
WillHaftawaite and his ilk are laughing on the outside and shitting his pants on the inside

windowtitle

WillHaftawaite and his ilk are laughing on the outside and shitting his pants on the inside

is that what the voices in your head are telling you?

From the field I see, on both sides of the aisle, the only reason I have to vote in 2016, is to keep Hillary out of office.

I don't see any of the rest being as dangerous to the country as she is.

windowtitle

From the field I see, on both sides of the aisle, the only reason I have to vote in 2016, is to keep Hillary out of office.

And I will vote Democrat to keep Republican out WH in 2016.

windowtitle

And I will vote Democrat to keep Republican out WH in 2016.
What real difference does it make whether we have a Republican or a Democrat in the White House? We've had both over the past half century, and look at where we are today in this once great nation. What do you think ( hope ) a Democrat will do if elected in November 2016? Honestly, what do you really, seriously, think that a Democrat will do to make this a better country, provide more opportunities for the citizens, and improve life for "ALL"? I'll wait for you answer. Oh, and please don't tell me the old worn out BS that, "at least it'll be better than having a Republican in the White House". If you'll look at past history ( since 1960 ), what have we accomplished as a nation, and as a people, to advance opportunities, create prosperity, ensure justice, freedom, fair taxation, and equal, fair, and just representation for "ALL"?

Do we not have 50% of our children living at or below the poverty line? Do we not have many millions living off of government assistance programs and unemployment checks? Have we not closed our plants and factories in favor of supporting foreign economies? Have we not engaged in senseless deadly costly wars ( Viet Nam, Iraq, and Afghanistan ), amassed astronomical and rising debt, allowed our infrastructure to deteriorate, and allowed our prison population to become the largest in the world?

So, please tell me just how much better one political party is than the other. And, by the way, do you know and understand that "ALL" professional politicians are "on-the-take", and are bought and paid for? Do you know and understand that legislation and policy is bought and paid for by the wealthy, the powerful, and the influential?

Like I posted earlier.

The only reason I can see voting, is to keep Clinton out of the White House.

I doubt any of the others can do as much damage.

If she doesn't get the nomination, let the chads fall as they may.

Forum List

Back