The Founders Anticipated the Threat of Trump

They’re governing right now.
Not very well. Are you really holding up the current state of things as "good government"?
Isn’t that the way it has always been?
Not nearly this bad. Both parties, now, literally can't accept defeat. They so successfully demonized each other that the losing party goes into full on denial.
I have no more control over or obligation to those who may dislike me than the Dems do.
Haters gonna hate.
I don't buy that. We've bought into the "elections have consequences" horseshit, and each party thinks that a win means it's time to take the other to the woodshed. It's all about retribution and pay back in the fucking "culture war".

We've bought into the "elections have consequences" horseshit, and each party thinks that a win means it's time to take the other to the woodshed. It's all about retribution and pay back in the fucking "culture war".

Elections do have consequences. Especially now. That has always been true, but peaceful elections and the regular peaceful transfer of power resulting from presidential elections has thankfully also been the norm in our country.

Trump in particular needs to be taken to the woodshed. He and his fellow conspirators more than deserve prosecution and jail. They will almost certainly get off much too lightly.

Those who followed Trump’s lies in his attack on our democracy and “rule of law” by actual participation in illegal activity should be punished as well … as an example to others. Many Jan. 6th rioters have already learned to their deep regret what following Trump’s never-ending “Big Lies” and encouragement to “fight like hell” against our republic’s institutions can lead to.

But prosecutions are hardly enough. Nothing but the good sense of tens of millions of active citizens can guarantee that the full and proper lessons finally sink in. Trump’s cult and MAGA’s “Big Liars” must be defeated at the ballot box in 2024 — and defeated overwhelmingly. Otherwise, violent populist attempts at coups or auto-coups, and crude abuse of power and political violence in general will become a new norm. If Trump should win in 2024 the situation will be similar, but far, far more serious.

Last edited:
It is trying to charge Trump with bogus claims that is criminal.
That includes the 2 bogus impeachments.
^^^ And another one who must be god-like, knowing everything that Trump has been doing over the last few years.

How else would they know that he's done nothing wrong?

And it must be that these prosecutors are throwing their careers away, faking all the evidence, and putting their lives in danger for no reason whatsoever.

The Founders designed a constitutional system to prevent demagogues from sowing confusion and mob violence in precisely this way. The vast extent of the country, Madison said, would make it hard for local factions to coordinate any kind of mass mobilization. The horizontal separation of powers among the three branches of government would ensure that the House impeached and the Senate convicted corrupt presidents. The vertical division of powers between the states and the federal government would ensure that local officials ensured election integrity.

And norms about the peaceful transfer of power, strengthened by George Washington’s towering example of voluntarily stepping down from office after two terms, would ensure that no elected president could convert himself, like Caesar, into an unelected dictator. “The idea of introducing a monarchy or aristocracy into this Country,” Hamilton wrote, “is one of those visionary things, that none but madmen could meditate,” as long as the American people resisted “convulsions and disorders in consequence of the acts of popular demagogues.”

Okay, maybe Trump is not a democrat, but whatever it is Biden is - I know I don't want that. And yet, I have had to endure these last three years of rising costs and increased social disorderliness. So, how is it that the founders anticipate what we should do now?

How long and how much has it cost the taxpayers so far, and how much does Trump have to pay his lawyers who are probably going to split it with the prosecutors, who split that down to their crony bureaucrats, and so forth, and so on.

Trump is not stupid.

The question of what Mr. Trump believed strikes me as beside the point. Based on long observation, he doesn’t “believe”; he’s not by nature a believer. His longtime method of operation is to deploy concepts and approaches strategically to see what works. Put another way, he makes something up, sticks with it if it flies, drops it if it doesn’t, and goes on to “believe” something else.

Yeah, if only the founders could have anticipated what Rockefella was going to do to our society in 1880, maybe none of this would have happened. But they sure nailed it with Trump. This is ecstatic!

Last edited:
Not very well. Are you really holding up the current state of things as "good government"?

Not nearly this bad. Both parties, now, literally can't accept defeat. They so successfully demonized each other that the losing party goes into full on denial.

I don't buy that. We've bought into the "elections have consequences" horseshit, and each party thinks that a win means it's time to take the other to the woodshed. It's all about retribution and pay back in the fucking "culture war".
That simply isn’t true. False equivalencies aren’t evidence of anything except your poor judgement.

Okay, maybe Trump is not a democrat, but whatever it is Biden is - I know I don't want that. And yet, I have had to endure these last three years of rising costs and increased social disorderliness. So, how is it that the founders anticipate what we should do now?

How long and how much has it cost the taxpayers so far, and how much does Trump have to pay his lawyers who are probably going to split it with the prosecutors, who split that down to their crony bureaucrats, and so forth, and so on.

Trump is not stupid.

Yeah, if only the founders could have anticipated what Rockefella was going to do to our society in 1880, maybe none of this would have happened. But they sure nailed it with Trump. This is ecstatic!
I read your linked articles. The first one is exactly right. This Trump indictment needs to be litigated. And I really appreciated the reference to Aaron Burr, because make no mistake about it, he did commit treason but was not convicted. Regardless of the outcome, Burr fled to England with his tail between his legs and lived there in exile for four years. He only returned to New York City under an assumed name. Notice the article doesn't mention that, and perhaps it is precognizant, Trump is going to flee the country at some point, live in exile just like Burr, probably in Dubai.
But as I read the second article things start jumping out at me. I mean why the fawk am I reading about Hunter Biden? And as I get to the half way point I am like, who the hell wrote this? I scroll to the top and see "Peggy Noonan". WTF, are you flippin kidding me? Nothing but trash, pure propaganda, to the extent that it would make Orwell and Huxley proud. That bitch faded into insignificance the moment Reagan left office. Why the hell does she still have a mouthpiece?

Here is the deal. Donald Trump is the founder's worst nightmare. Each and every one, to the person, lamented about someone with Trump's character and disposition, assuming the role of president. And yes, they implemented stop-gaps to prevent that from happening. But they had no way in hell of knowing how society was going to change. Senators elected by popular vote, no way in hell the founders would have supported that. Congress members getting paid a salary that is almost four times the average salary of an American. No way in hell they would have supported that, or even dreamed it would happen. SCOTUS justices sitting on the bench for forty, fifty years, they could not have dreamed that in their worst nightmares. The founders may have refused to impeach Marshall, but Thomas and Alito, damn skippy, they would be gone.

This country is at a crossroads, make no mistake about it. At the core, a totally dysfunctional state legislature system. Because, as the first linked article mentioned, it is the state legislatures that have always been the control point. And today, it is all but broken. We got one shot at this, convict Trump, send his sorry fat orange ass to Butner, and maybe, just maybe, we can move one from this fiasco and continue to BE GREAT. Failing that, we become a third world nation that no other nation in the world respects. I mean based on the numbers, infant mortality, maternal mortality, life expectancy, poverty rates, we are dropping to the bottom at an astounding rate. Fifty years from now we are either going to still be the greatest nation on Earth, or we are going to be a big stinkin shithole that the rest of the world ignores. What happens to the fat orange man is the determining factor.

The founders never envisioned a world where the descendents of freed slaves would run amok and loot 7 Eleven stores at will and not be punished for it.

That simply isn’t true. False equivalencies aren’t evidence of anything except your poor judgement.
False equivalencies are in the eye of the beholder. I'm not saying both candidates are the same, nor that they are "equivalent". Just that they are both so far below my minimum standards for leading the powerful nation on earth, that it's just a sad, sad joke.

Seriously, if you owned a large business, would you hire Biden to run it, or Trump? Or, if those were truly the only options, would you just go ahead and file for bankruptcy?

Authoritarian demagogues like Trump are who The Founding Fathers had in mind when they designed our system. Thankfully, it held, even though MAGA and other craven Republicans tried to subvert it. They'll try another time in 2024 if/when they lose again.

The allegations in the indictment of Donald Trump for conspiring to overturn the election of 2020 represent the American Founders’ nightmare. A key concern of James Madison and Alexander Hamilton was that demagogues would incite mobs and factions to defy the rule of law, overturn free and fair elections and undermine American democracy. “The only path to a subversion of the republican system of the Country is, by flattering the prejudices of the people, and exciting their jealousies and apprehensions, to throw affairs into confusion, and bring on civil commotion,” Alexander Hamilton wrote in 1790. “When a man unprincipled in private life, desperate in his fortune, bold in his temper…is seen to mount the hobby horse of popularity,” Hamilton warned, “he may ‘ride the storm and direct the whirlwind.’”​
The Founders designed a constitutional system to prevent demagogues from sowing confusion and mob violence in precisely this way. The vast extent of the country, Madison said, would make it hard for local factions to coordinate any kind of mass mobilization. The horizontal separation of powers among the three branches of government would ensure that the House impeached and the Senate convicted corrupt presidents. The vertical division of powers between the states and the federal government would ensure that local officials ensured election integrity.​
And norms about the peaceful transfer of power, strengthened by George Washington’s towering example of voluntarily stepping down from office after two terms, would ensure that no elected president could convert himself, like Caesar, into an unelected dictator. “The idea of introducing a monarchy or aristocracy into this Country,” Hamilton wrote, “is one of those visionary things, that none but madmen could meditate,” as long as the American people resisted “convulsions and disorders in consequence of the acts of popular demagogues.”​
According to the federal indictment issued this week, President Trump attempted to overturn the results of the 2020 election by conspiring to spread such “convulsions and disorders” through a series of knowing lies. The indictment alleges that soon after election day, Trump “pursued unlawful means of discounting legitimate votes and subverting the election results,” perpetuating three separate criminal conspiracies: to impede the collection and counting of the ballots, Congress’s certification of the results on Jan. 6, 2021, and the right to vote itself.​
The indictment alleges that all three conspiracies involved a concerted effort by Trump and his co-conspirators to subvert the election results using “knowingly false claims of election fraud.” In particular, Trump allegedly “organized fraudulent slates of electors in seven targeted states”; tried to use “the power and authority of the Justice Department to conduct sham election crime investigations”; tried to enlist Vice President Mike Pence “to fraudulently alter the election results”; and, as violence broke out on Jan. 6, redoubled his efforts to “convince Members of Congress to further delay the certification.”

No! False! The founders anticipated a person like Biden, a Usurper who was installed illegally thru a fraudulent election.

No! False! The founders anticipated a person like Biden, a Usurper who was installed illegally thru a fraudulent election.
The Founding Fathers never saw anything like this as a possibility. If they had, there would be provisions in the Constitution for reinstating the last fairly elected president.

Winston

You weren't able to comprehend the article and my comment about Trump having to pay $60M in legal fees

What kind of people need that much money that fast?

You know Trump knows how to hire lawyers that are willing to take the risks for transferring money - what the fuck do you think is going on? When did the transfer occur? Why is Trump still walking around free - Do you know what happened to that money, genius?

The gears of justice are slow, but methodical???

Last edited:
The founders never envisioned a world where the descendents of freed slaves would run amok and loot 7 Eleven stores at will and not be punished for it.
Exactly.

The first article focuses in on a specific situation, Trump's indictment, and suggests that the founders set things up to solve that problem, but in the meanwhile, we peasants live in increased social disorderliness.

Or that people such as Lemmi would be allowed to publish in public.
Maybe you can explain to black people that white people have not figured out how to reliably organize just governments and corporate organizations, yet.

149 black ex-Obama staffers

Expect to hear more from us. We plan to leave this country better than we found it. This is our home.

And that was the last we ever heard from them.

Last edited:
I just find it odd you would be so quick to blurt out "the founders anticipated the progressives and why they enshrined the 2nd amendment" and then when asked to clarify what you mean you shy away in the other direction as if you're ashamed or embarrassed.

You can't explain that?

You need it explained?

Here’s the thing. The left has been claiming insurrection for a long time now, so, why wasn’t insurrection one of the charges in the indictment?

Forum List

Back