The Fight for 15 dollars an hour...the computer that just took my order is laughing at you......

Your position still advocates the loss of 210,000 jobs...

Wow. Okay. We've lost 65 million jobs in TRUMP PLAGUE.

You don't seem to think that was a big deal.

For fun, let's say McDonald's says "fuck it, we're done", and closes shop.

Immediately, 210,000 people are out of work. Also, those folks who enjoy a Big Mac and a medium order of fries can no longer get them. This is where your position fails. Despite the consumer demand, which you insist is what creates jobs, the consumer demand for a Big Mac and fries won't create a fucking thing.

Naw, they'll just go for a Wendy's Double or a Double Whopper at Burger King.... and those places will have to hire more people.

The legal age to work in New York is 16. Hell you can have a paper route at age 12. Do you really view these as a "child exploitation scheme"?

Wow, you still think a paper route is a thing? Really? Or that anyone still reads newspapers?

No, I'm guessing the real problem here is that your pussy hurts because, once upon a time, you were fired from McDonald's for failing to master the "lettuce, tomato, onion" system they have...

Nope, my wonderful experience with Minimum wage exploitation was back in the 1980's, where I worked my way through college. Of course, you could do that back in the 1970-80's because the mimimum wage was closer to a living wage than it is now, and college was actually affordable.

Of course, of the three jobs I held during that time, two of them are out of business now. one of them was "Farrell's Ice Cream". Now, I bring that up because it was a great example of corporate sleaze. Farrells had a giveaway where you could sign your kid up for a birthday party by giving them your child's name and date of birth and other particulars.

Farrell's parent company took that list and sold it to the Selective Service, who started hounding people to sign up.

Wow. Okay. We've lost 65 million jobs in TRUMP PLAGUE.
You don't seem to think that was a big deal.

Because Trump had nothing to do with it, and you are blaming him for government actions he did not do, and was even against?

Trump didn't want the lock downs. Democrats did. Trump didn't lose those jobs. Democrats lost those jobs.

You can't blame Trump for things he opposed the entire time. That's ridiculous. Saying incoherent things like that, is how we know you are a non-thinking individual.

Naw, they'll just go for a Wendy's Double or a Double Whopper at Burger King.... and those places will have to hire more people.

That's ignorant. Increase the prices of whatever services you sell by 25%, and tell me how demand goes up, and you'll have to hire someone to help you do your job.

Wow, you still think a paper route is a thing? Really? Or that anyone still reads newspapers?

My nephew has been working since he was 16.

Nope, my wonderful experience with Minimum wage exploitation was back in the 1980's, where I worked my way through college. Of course, you could do that back in the 1970-80's because the mimimum wage was closer to a living wage than it is now, and college was actually affordable.

No, the minimum wage was not closer to the living wage back then. Sorry. Not true.

You can live on the minimum wage today, just as easily as you could back then. You can find crappy apartments, like they had in the 1970s, that have no Air Conditioning, and are the size of a shoe box, and be able to afford a 1970s lifestyle. The problem is you want a 2020 lifestyle on a 1970s wage. Sorry, you can't do that. You want more stuff? You more more amenities? You want cell phones? You want cable TV? And high speed internet? And a modern car? You want more things and services, than you had in the 1970s? Then you have to pay more. That's how life works. You want to live a 1970s life? You can do that on minimum wage. I show you houses you can buy for barely $30,000 near down town Columbus, and I know people who worked $10/hour jobs, and paid for their house.

College was more affordable back then, which is exactly why any rational thinking person, should ask themselves how it is that after 30 years of government directly involved in trying to make college more affordable, why it is less affordable now, than ever before?

And given the amazing success of all the programs and regulations to make college more affordable.... why do people on the left want more government programs involved in housing, and health care, and everything else?

College dorms in the 1970s were practically nothing. I've seen them. College dorms today are luxuries. If you go back even farther, you had 4 people in a room, with 2 bunk beds, and you were not even supposed to study in your room, you went to a library to have a desk. Now you have 2 people, with separate beds, and individual desks. And that doesn't include the insanity that covers the rest of the campus, with yoga classes, and pools, and entertainment rooms.

That's why college costs more. If you go to a college that doesn't have all that crap, it's still cheap. You go to Columbus State Community College, it's $4,500 a year. You can earn enough working minimum wage to pay for that, if you are a student living at home.

College is still very affordable, to anyone who really wants it. And honestly, if you just work hard, you can get enough scholarships to get through free, or almost free. I know a guy that got a double degree in education and physics, going through Capital State University, and paid almost nothing. Pretty close to 25% of the cost, with everything else through scholarships. His parents didn't fund him a penny. He cash flowed the degree himself, from working a $10/hour job.

No excuse for anyone who really wants a degree, to not get one. You don't have to spend $40,000 a a major university. That's pointless and stupid. I haven't had an employer yet that cared where you got your degree from, as long as you had it, and could do that job.

College was more affordable back then, which is exactly why any rational thinking person, should ask themselves how it is that after 30 years of government directly involved in trying to make college more affordable, why it is less affordable now, than ever before?

Bingo!

College dorms in the 1970s were practically nothing. I've seen them. College dorms today are luxuries. If you go back even farther, you had 4 people in a room, with 2 bunk beds, and you were not even supposed to study in your room, you went to a library to have a desk. Now you have 2 people, with separate beds, and individual desks. And that doesn't include the insanity that covers the rest of the campus, with yoga classes, and pools, and entertainment rooms.

Endless government dollars lets you buy all kinds of neat stuff.

You're stupid. There's just no other way to see it. You lament about "supply and demand" when it comes to college tuition, but you refuse to apply that same concept to employment. Nobody wants to pay someone $15 to flip burgers, simply because that skill set isn't worth $15 an hour...

Sure it is... once you tell them that's the price of admission. You could do the same with college, just have states go back to funding them instead of students.

Whjen I retired from the Navy,

Cool Story, Bro. Don't care.

I'll admit that having the Army on my resume has opened more than few doors for me, but so has having a bachelor's degree....

Go back to my original statement, most good jobs require a college degree these days... Can't even get a job in my field without one.

Because the government never tried that... In fact, what happened was exactly the opposite. Government stopped funding state universities as part of various austerity measures, and the cost shifted onto the student.

Except those weren't paid for by government dollars. They were paid for mostly by tuition dollars.

To give you an example, when I was at UIC, I was on several Student Government Organizations, one of them being the Chancellor's committee on Fees. Well, UIC got this idea that they would build dorms. They were paid for with Bonds, and Student Fees were increased to pay for their construction, even though by the time they were finished, most of the students paying for them would have graduated. (I was one of the few who raised an objection, but everyone else thought it was sooooo cool.) They also slashed a lot of other student programs.

Well, long story short. the built these dorms, my niece went to UIC 20 years later and stayed at these dorms for about a year before she moved back home.

UIC didn't need dorms. In fact, it was always meant to be the COMUTER CAMPUS. But they wanted to make it more attractive to out of state and suburban kids, so they built dorms.

The thing about these amenities is that they are meant to make the school more appealing to someone who is going to move away from home for four years, probably for the first time.

Sure it is... once you tell them that's the price of admission.

But that's not the price of admission. There are people who are now employed who are going to lose their jobs as a result of the raise in minimum wage. It's stupid to think otherwise...

You could do the same with college, just have states go back to funding them instead of students.

I would have no problem with that. Unfortunately, your approach is never going to change a thing, because you're content with skyrocketing education costs as long as those who employ people are on the hook to pay for it...

I know you don't, because that "cool story" reduces your argument to a steaming pile of dog shit. You don't need a degree to get a good job. You just don't...

I'll admit that having the Army on my resume has opened more than few doors for me, but so has having a bachelor's degree

I have never not gotten a job because I don't have a degree...

Go back to my original statement, most good jobs require a college degree these days... Can't even get a job in my field without one.

What field?

There are plenty of "good jobs" which don't require a degree...

Because the government never tried that... In fact, what happened was exactly the opposite. Government stopped funding state universities as part of various austerity measures, and the cost shifted onto the student.

Except those weren't paid for by government dollars. They were paid for mostly by tuition dollars.

To give you an example, when I was at UIC, I was on several Student Government Organizations, one of them being the Chancellor's committee on Fees. Well, UIC got this idea that they would build dorms. They were paid for with Bonds, and Student Fees were increased to pay for their construction, even though by the time they were finished, most of the students paying for them would have graduated. (I was one of the few who raised an objection, but everyone else thought it was sooooo cool.) They also slashed a lot of other student programs.

Well, long story short. the built these dorms, my niece went to UIC 20 years later and stayed at these dorms for about a year before she moved back home.

UIC didn't need dorms. In fact, it was always meant to be the COMUTER CAMPUS. But they wanted to make it more attractive to out of state and suburban kids, so they built dorms.

The thing about these amenities is that they are meant to make the school more appealing to someone who is going to move away from home for four years, probably for the first time.

Because the government never tried that...

How'd direct government student loans climb over $1.4 trillion? DURR.

Tuition funded in part by endless government loans.

No excuse for anyone who really wants a degree, to not get one. You don't have to spend $40,000 a a major university. That's pointless and stupid. I haven't had an employer yet that cared where you got your degree from, as long as you had it, and could do that job.

Uh, guy, as someone who writes resumes professionally, I can tell you straight up, employers pay more attention to your resume if you go to a major university than you do if you went to a community college.

But I'm sure your degree from Cleetus U didn't matter when you got the Possum Catching Job.

Cleetus U? What are you talking about? I don't have degree. I failed out of college. Completely failed out. Three times even. I didn't learn my lesson from the first fail out, and went back two more times, so I could completely my three strikes of failure.

You can't hurt my pride dude, because I have no pride. I know I'm a grade A, certifiable failure of Humanity. You can't kill, that which has no life left in it.

The difference between me and you is, I don't blame rich people for my own total incompetence.

Nor do I think that because I have been a failure for 30+ years, means that people who worked their butts off and succeed, somehow 'owe me' for being wealthy.

Further, I'm not stupid enough to believe that magically if a wealthy person wasn't wealthy, that somehow the wealth faeries would find me, and bestow wealth on me.

Nevertheless... I highly doubt what you say is true.

Obviously I don't have your personal experiences in this, and you clearly don't have mine. Because I have seen that people with big name schools, often don't get paid much more than those who came from community schools.

In fact, in some cases the reverse is what I've witnessed, because nothing is a turn off to employers, than a new-hire-on, that has an ego and arrogance about them because they came from some big name school.

Again, just my experience, but you want the guy from the local college, that knows his stuff. Doesn't think he's entitled to anything, and comes in and works his butt off. Those are the guys you want on staff.

You're stupid. There's just no other way to see it. You lament about "supply and demand" when it comes to college tuition, but you refuse to apply that same concept to employment. Nobody wants to pay someone $15 to flip burgers, simply because that skill set isn't worth $15 an hour...

Sure it is... once you tell them that's the price of admission. You could do the same with college, just have states go back to funding them instead of students.

Whjen I retired from the Navy,

I'll admit that having the Army on my resume has opened more than few doors for me, but so has having a bachelor's degree....

Cool story, bro. Don't care.

Cool story, bro. Don't care.

But that's not the price of admission. There are people who are now employed who are going to lose their jobs as a result of the raise in minimum wage. It's stupid to think otherwise...

You guys say that every time it goes up, and it never happens.

Just like the inflation never happens.

I would have no problem with that. Unfortunately, your approach is never going to change a thing, because you're content with skyrocketing education costs as long as those who employ people are on the hook to pay for it...

I'd be content if the wealth were distributed fairly, because the route we are going now usually ends up with guillotines and firing squads.

What field?

There are plenty of "good jobs" which don't require a degree...

I'm in purchasing and supply chain. I also have a business that writes resumes.

How'd direct government student loans climb over $1.4 trillion? DURR.

Loans aren't spending. DURRRRRRRR... that's the problem, the kids are still on the hook for that money. DURRRR. That Home Schooling has done you a lot of good. DURRRRRRR

Cleetus U? What are you talking about? I don't have degree. I failed out of college.

That's obvious.

You can't hurt my pride dude, because I have no pride. I know I'm a grade A, certifiable failure of Humanity. You can't kill, that which has no life left in it.

Again, that's abundantly clear.

In fact, in some cases the reverse is what I've witnessed, because nothing is a turn off to employers, than a new-hire-on, that has an ego and arrogance about them because they came from some big name school.

Really? I've seen the opposite. Not only do companies want kids from the big name schools, they offer internships to try to recruit them. I've been at three different companies where they brought in interns, and offered them jobs when they graduated.

Nobody offers an internship to Cleetus Community College.

You guys say that every time it goes up, and it never happens.

Sure it happens. Why the fuck do you think there are kiosks taking fast food orders now?

I'd be content if the wealth were distributed fairly, because the route we are going now usually ends up with guillotines and firing squads.

You have the obsession with the old world French means of justice, and that's ruining every argument you make. Pull your head out of your ask and be rational and discuss what could happen instead of what you want to see happen.

Because what you want to see is stupid...

I'm in purchasing and supply chain.

That doesn't require a degree, Slick.

The guy in charge of purchasing at Gibson Guitar's acoustic guitar factory in Bozeman, Montana worked his way up from within the company. He's a friend of mine, and I know he doesn't have a degree.

But, please, continue living in your little fantasy world...

That's obvious.

What an ignorant comment.

You're blind to the fact that some of the most successful people you'll ever meet won't have a college degree. I used the example of Bob Taylor, President of Taylor Guitars, earlier. He went from high school to building guitars. He almost went out of business half a dozen times. He got his Master's from the School of Hard Knocks. Read his book "Guitar Lessons" if you want to know what true hard work is, because you don't do it.

I've read that book four times and, each time, I learn something new...

Bob Taylor - Guitar Lessons

Again, that's abundantly clear.

The difference between you and Andylusion is he's able to admit his failings. You act like you don't have any...

Really? I've seen the opposite. Not only do companies want kids from the big name schools, they offer internships to try to recruit them. I've been at three different companies where they brought in interns, and offered them jobs when they graduated.

You say you were in the military, right?

How many times did you see some wet-behind-the-ears Ensign or 2nd LT come out of their service academy, show up, and act like they were this hottest thing going? We used to get that a lot. We had this one clown, ENS Pat Growny. He acted like he was God's gift to the fleet. We sat his ass in a corner and told him to observe and not to touch anything. It was six months before we allowed him to do anything meaningful.

Why?

Because he knew dick. He thought the Navy was Annapolis, and it's not...

Nobody offers an internship to Cleetus Community College.

Sometimes, how stupid you are is fascinating:

Community College Internships (C... | U.S. DOE Office of Science (SC)

Community College Internship | Argonne National Laboratory

STEM Home Page

The Community College Internship Program at NREL

You know, it's fun watching you belch up complete bullshit, but after a while we start feeling sorry for you, because you either feel forced to lie through your teeth or you simply have no fucking idea what you're talking about...

Forum List

Back