The Failings of the Left

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
The Right has descended into a batshit crazy loon swamp of unreality, where bizarre conspiracy theories, anti-democratic authoritarianism, coup attempts, blatant lies, and an embarrassing cult of personality are all a necessary preconditions to being part of a once but no-more serious ideological movement.

Yet in 2022, most voters are going to say “Give me some of that” after seeing what the Left has on offer.

It’s hard to over-state how genuinely bad and disconnected the Left has become. This is from a progressive who identifies five areas where the Left is destroying itself politically.

The Right has descended into a batshit crazy loon swamp of unreality, where bizarre conspiracy theories, anti-democratic authoritarianism, coup attempts, blatant lies, and an embarrassing cult of personality are all a necessary preconditions to being part of a once but no-more serious ideological movement.

Yet in 2022, most voters are going to say “Give me some of that” after seeing what the Left has on offer.

It’s hard to over-state how genuinely bad and disconnected the Left has become. This is from a progressive who identifies five areas where the Left is destroying itself politically.

Yep. One of the many shared behaviors of the two parties is that they take any victory as a "mandate" and just go too fucking far with it.

Then they wonder why they get kicked out for the other lousy party. One thing they won't do is honestly look in the mirror. Another shared behavior.

The DNC needs to be completely gutted. Everyone fired and start from scratch.

Yes we have diversity instead the the GOP always vote the same way.

There's nothing wrong with diversity, and we have civil rights on our side, the republicans want to do away with civil rights.

They can do what they want, because they are the duopoly.
They keep their power because our voting block is filled with complete fucking dumbasses.
Then you have people that ACT like they know they are shit but come up with excuses for them to continue to vote for them. People like that, are even worse than the dumbass cultists. "i got to vote for trump because hillary is a corrupt bitch" "i got to vote for biden because trump is a corrupt asshole"
You guys are the assholes! Dishonest shit stains :rolleyes:

We see this election after election. One side wins, then they lose. Then they win, then they lose. People it seems will never learn.

I disagree, we have learned. I compare the voting habits of us moderates to paddling a canoe. A few strokes on the left followed by a few strokes on the right is best chance of steering a straight course. That the country veers towards the left is only because they're stronger paddlers.

I disagree, we have learned. I compare the voting habits of us moderates to paddling a canoe. A few strokes on the left followed by a few strokes on the right is best chance of steering a straight course. That the country veers towards the left is only because they're stronger paddlers.

I don't see things as getting better.

Most I know on the left don’t believe any of the arguments you are assigning to “the left,” OP.

The biggest sin is the left trying to defend itself from right wing strawman bullshit. (Who the fuck is against economic growth? Really?)

Joe just today is now below Carter in approval ratings...OUCH...see what happens when you steal an election?...you begin under the table and its not easy to climb out.....especially when you listen to progressives that represent about 20% of American thought....the numbers don't lie....

I don't see things as getting better.

Me neither. Not as long as the lunatics from the left and right have a stranglehold on the political system. Folks can only do so much by limiting each party's powers, first by alternating who's in power as you point out. Another practice employed is avoiding giving one party control over both the presidency and congress. These only moderate rather than eliminate the problem.

Me neither. Not as long as the lunatics from the left and right have a stranglehold on the political system. Folks can only do so much by limiting each party's powers, first by alternating who's in power as you point out. Another practice employed is avoiding giving one party control over both the presidency and congress. These only moderate rather than eliminate the problem.

Re-electing them over and over and over is largely the issue IMO.

Cool, I'll cram it in there again:

This continues as long as we allow it to. IT'S ON US. If we don't change the system under which these people operate -- the system that INCENTIVIZES their behaviors -- we deserve whatever we get.

#ForwardParty

There's nothing wrong with diversity, and we have civil rights on our side, the republicans want to do away with civil rights.
I'm sure it's soothing to believe that. False, but soothing.

Still living in an alternate universe.

Joe just today is now below Carter in approval ratings...OUCH...see what happens when you steal an election?...you begin under the table and its not easy to climb out.....especially when you listen to progressives that represent about 20% of American thought....the numbers don't lie....
Lol, kinda funny you were saying polls were worthless when they were about Trump.

Forum List

Back