The Erosion of Individual Responsibility

Brother thou hast said a mouthfull.

We have a whole generation of people in this country that think the Govt, i.e. the taxpayers of America, are here to take care of them.

We have folks who pay for nothing. They pay no taxes. They don't pay for medical or dental for them or their kids. They don't buy food or pay rent. They pay for nothing.

These folks don't have one responsible bone in their whole body. They could care less who has to work their ass off to make ends meet as long as they get the free ride.

Responsibility is a foreign concept to these folks. As long as we the taxpayer are forced to assume their responsibilities their behavior sure won't change.

Congrats to the asshole politicians who passed the legislation that forces we hardworking taxpayers to carry the water for the downtrodden and lazy fucks who inhabit America. Way to go assholes.

And ObamaCare makes it worse by encouraging young adults to stay on their parents health care through the age of 26.

Just like all of Liberalism pupports to do...They support parasites to Society. it's all around us.

Just like the Cons support their own brand of parasites.
Same game different players.

You're welcome; Dr Gregg has turned this thread away from civility and into personal attacks. I guess that is all he has left since his arguments have failed.

Oh really, [phony, like these posts are civil? You have a funny idea of what's civil or not.

and you wonder why no one takes anything you say seriously....what you post is the exact opposite of the truth....an outright lie. But then again, we expect nothing less from you and those who agree with your abject stupidity.

Anyone with half a brain and watches the news on occasion knows that the TARP is being repaid WITH INTEREST and the Obama GRANTS to States will never be repaid...

NOW SHUT YOUR FUCKING HOLE UNTIL YOU GET SOME FACTS TO POST.

UOTE=PatekPhilippe;2195089]

Now to the rest of this babbling bullshit.....

So it's your 3 corporation running opinion that people who opt out of health insurance because they are "young and dumb" and incur healthcare expenses that the burden of caring for their "young and dumb" attitude should be placed on me?

Sorry...but FUCK YOU!

Hey patek you pussy, I'm employed and very well educated thank very much. Thanks again for showing what a dumbfuck troll you are and a coward who has to hide behind his stupid neg rep comments, yet can't post in public for all to see his stupidity

WWWWAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Synopsis of Dr Gregg's babbling...

squawk squawk squawk cackle cackle cackle chortle chortle chortle...look at me and my pretty feathers!!!!!
[
[
Note to readers: This debate monster has me on ignore. That is how good he is at debating. Got his butt handed to him one too many times.
[/QUOTE]

I went back through and read those posts. While the first four quotes you provided are not civil, they were not directed at you. The persons they were directed to fortunately did not respond in hostility.

The last two quotes were directed at you after you defended rightwinger and attacked Patek. The problem I saw was that you did not stop at just one attack, you did it a second time when Patek did not respond. It seems your only intent in this thread was to pick a fight. That is why I said what I did.

Perhaps if you were here for civil discourse you could provide some information on topic and relate to everyone whether you think we are losing (as a nation) individual responsibility or not.

You know what's absolutely hilarious? When a Tea Bagger is being interviewed:

Interviewer: How are you able to go to these rallies? Don't you have a job?

TB: I'm on Social Security. I have diabetes because I weigh 400 pounds.

Interviewer: Do you like your health care plan?

TB: Well, actually, it's my wife's plan. And yea, it's fine.

Interviewer: How do you get your medicine?

TB: Medicaid.

Interviewer: Why are you at the march?

TB: Because I'm sick of government handouts and Obama is a Marxist.

I am a moderate who supports Obama.

Between my personal and business taxes I am sure I pay more taxes than 95% of the t-baggers; at least.

By the age of many tbvaggers it is obvious they are on Medicare and probably other government programs.

We all want to minimize required taxes but t-baggers over stated position along with the hypocrisy of many I cannot take them serious.

They talk a better game than they live. The case with way too many conservatives

The humor section of the forum is here: Humor - US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Last edited:

I have to say, I know several local Tea Party members and none of them fit your fake profile.

Between my personal and business taxes I am sure I pay more taxes than 95% of the t-baggers; at least.

By the age of many tbvaggers it is obvious they are on Medicare and probably other government programs.

We all want to minimize required taxes but t-baggers over stated position along with the hypocrisy of many I cannot take them serious.

They talk a better game than they live. The case with way too many conservatives

How are you so sure about your statements regarding tea partiers? Why has this thread become about the tea party movement?

Do you believe we are losing individual responsibility or not?

If what the libs are attempting to present as fact were indeed true, it is even more remarkable. Here people that could jsut ride the system for their own benefit are saying, this is wrong. They stand something significant to lose. Basically the lib position is indefensable.

The Tea Party folks are living individual responsibility by confronting issues where they benefit.

How are you so sure about your statements regarding tea partiers? Why has this thread become about the tea party movement?

Good point.

I do feel the major factor contributing to most social problems is too many are not taking responsibility for themselves.
Not just financial responsibility but responsibility for our spouses and our families and those who work for us..
This is not an individual issues but can be an institutional or corporate lack of responsibility as we saw durring the financial melt down.

Taking personal responsibility for ones self is not a conservative characteristic any more than it is a liberal characteristic.
So many conservatives who scream about less dependency on the government and less dependency on the government are from the midwest and southern states where the agricultural subsidies are the back bone of their economy,
Many are older and are on Medicare and Medicaid. Many are corporate managers from companies that were bailed out by the subsidies.

We all need to take personal responsibility for ourselves and not use others or the government,
But before we blast others we better make our own house is in order.

I am a moderate

Oh.. that is FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!

Another winger attempting to mask their wingerdom

I am a liberal who takes responsibility for my self, my family and my employees. I pay more than my fair share of taxes both personal and business.
The taxes fund government programs that many conservatives take advantage of. I donate to many private charities.

I spend my time taking responsibility for my self and others rather than ripping the government that has provided me the opportunity to have the success I have had.

The tea baggers sound like the hippie radicals of the 60's who hated our government.

I am a moderate

I am a liberal who takes responsibility for my self, my family and my employees. I pay more than my fair share of taxes both personal and business.
The taxes fund government programs that many conservatives take advantage of. I donate to many private charities.

I spend my time taking responsibility for my self and others rather than ripping the government that has provided me the opportunity to have the success I have had.

The tea baggers sound like the hippie radicals of the 60's who hated our government.

Yup, one of the biggest bogus arguments constantly spewed by some conservatives is that anybody that supports gov''t helping people out in times of need means they just want a handout for free. I hopefully never expect to get any help from the government as I was blessed with intelligence and street smarts to make me successful in life, but I realize that not everybody who needs help is a lazy bum that doesn't want to work. Huge part of what has made humanity flourish, and is what separate man from most animal species, is helping out other human beings who may have problems, often times not solely based on their faults. They take the minority example and thinks it applies to all. Most people that support assistance programs never will receive any of their own. One of the bullshit, intellectually dishonest talking points people can make. I've never received gov't assitance, and likely never will, hopefully. But life is full of unexpected twists and turns, many time not due to any shortcomings of the person who needs it.

Let's see. Gi Bill of 1944 and several since. Integration of the armed forces in 1948. Federal protection of civil rights and integration. National Defense Education Act of 1958. NASA. Peace Corps. Americors. Medicare.

The above is a list of several programs of dozens by the federal government that positiviely changed American lives for the better.

Those who say all government is the problem not the solution can stuff it up their butts. That type of talk is looniness, and most Americans firmly know that.

The Tea Party and the reactionary right are an important minority, but they will not be the tail that wags the dog. The elections of 2010 and 2012 will result in massive Dem victories if the Tea Party manages the GOP platform.

Good point.

I do feel the major factor contributing to most social problems is too many are not taking responsibility for themselves.
Not just financial responsibility but responsibility for our spouses and our families and those who work for us..
This is not an individual issues but can be an institutional or corporate lack of responsibility as we saw durring the financial melt down.

Taking personal responsibility for ones self is not a conservative characteristic any more than it is a liberal characteristic.
So many conservatives who scream about less dependency on the government and less dependency on the government are from the midwest and southern states where the agricultural subsidies are the back bone of their economy,
Many are older and are on Medicare and Medicaid. Many are corporate managers from companies that were bailed out by the subsidies.

We all need to take personal responsibility for ourselves and not use others or the government,
But before we blast others we better make our own house is in order.

The root cause is an individual issue. The more government entitlements there are the more it becomes a problem. The government is training each generation to be more dependent on the government.

I have not made this a conservative vs liberal issue, although it is obvious liberals tend to create more entitlement programs. Many Republicans are just as bad because they are not really conservatives.

I am a moderate

You just said earlier you are a moderate. Which is it?

Yup, one of the biggest bogus arguments constantly spewed by some conservatives is that anybody that supports gov''t helping people out in times of need means they just want a handout for free. I hopefully never expect to get any help from the government as I was blessed with intelligence and street smarts to make me successful in life, but I realize that not everybody who needs help is a lazy bum that doesn't want to work. Huge part of what has made humanity flourish, and is what separate man from most animal species, is helping out other human beings who may have problems, often times not solely based on their faults. They take the minority example and thinks it applies to all. Most people that support assistance programs never will receive any of their own. One of the bullshit, intellectually dishonest talking points people can make. I've never received gov't assitance, and likely never will, hopefully. But life is full of unexpected twists and turns, many time not due to any shortcomings of the person who needs it.

Please provide the evidence of your assertion about "some conservatives", with quotes.

I agree, we should be helping each other out. Yet, on an individual basis. Forcing people to pay taxes where part of the money goes to a government bureaucracy just to pass a check to someone in need is much less effective and does not teach individual responsibility. When it is individuals who willingly help someone, that person who was helped feels differently than being handed a government check. It helps teach responsibility better. There are actual names of people this person who was helped that he/she feels responsible to thank and/or pay back some day.

People ought to be held responsible for those things over which they had some serious measure of control.

For those things which no individual can truly have control, government will have to do.

Please provide the evidence of your assertion about "some conservatives", with quotes.

I agree, we should be helping each other out. Yet, on an individual basis. Forcing people to pay taxes where part of the money goes to a government bureaucracy just to pass a check to someone in need is much less effective and does not teach individual responsibility. When it is individuals who willingly help someone, that person who was helped feels differently than being handed a government check. It helps teach responsibility better. There are actual names of people this person who was helped that he/she feels responsible to thank and/or pay back some day.

Please provide documentation with quotations for your assertion "Forcing people to pay taxes where part of the money goes to a government bureaucracy just to pass a check to someone in need is much less effective and does not teach individual responsibility."

Please provide documentation with quotations for your assertion "Forcing people to pay taxes where part of the money goes to a government bureaucracy just to pass a check to someone in need is much less effective and does not teach individual responsibility."

It is called our welfare system, look it up. Do you believe our welfare system overall teaches us to have individual responsibility?

Forum List

Back