The Erosion of Individual Responsibility

Obama did not vote for the deal in congress. And I will not vote for Obama again for other reasons.
Obama turned out to be just another politician without the balls to make the hard calls on things that need doing.
Better than Palin though.

did you vote for anyone who voted for the Iraq resoloution?
Did you and do you still support the iraq invasion and occupation?

Last edited:
Name someone that is NOT forced to buy car insurance.

If I had a list of people who CHOSE PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION I could give you a list of SEVERAL MILLION.

and driving a car is a PRIVILEGE!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT A GODDAM RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not believe health care is a right and never said so.
Hate to tell you my man but public transportation vehicles ARE ALSO FORCED TO CARRY INSURANCE.

Wrong. The federal government is "self insured"....they don't pay jack shit to an insurance company. Try again.

Last edited:
The far conloon right of the American spectrum fails to take responsibility for its collective action.

The electorate punished them in 2006 and 2008, and that is going to happen again in 2010.

Reminds me of school. Someone does something wrong amd next thing you know everyone loses a priviledge. Some warped code of not wanting to single out the actual problem and punishing them.

Can't buy decongestants over-the-counter because some bozos make meth out of it. Now everyone gets treated like a criminal with a snuffy nose.

Have a large number of uninsured motorists, so now I get to have part of my premiums pay for uninsured motorist protection. Some of these people also have three or more driving without a license convictions.

People can't wear their seatbelts, so now we have $3,000 airbags on cars.

A large number of people couldn't save for retirement, so we get Social Security.

Families can't be supportive of other family members, so we have to have a welfare system.

I am convinced the only responsible action is to participate in this debacle and join in the freeloading. If many of the 50% of us payingfor this crap become subscribers, the system falls on its own weight. The only alternative is to force people to be responsible again.

Employers no longer want to be in the health insurance business. It used to be a nice, low cost benefit they could provide. Now, it is becoming prohibitively expensive. More costs are now dumped on the employee. More employers are finding creative ways to avoid offering health insurance to new employees. Without government sponsored insurance pools, many more Americans will be locked out of the insurance market.

People scream that they don't want the government to make health insurance decisions for them.........Then why do you want your employer to make health insurance decisions for you?

More dishonesty...as expected.

You call employers letting their employees turn down coverage as employers making that decision? They allow an employee to OPT OUT of employer based health insurance and that's why 16 million Americans did just that!!!!!! A full 70% of them under 30 years of age!!!! They did NOT want health insurance and Obama just took that freedom from them. The Administration thinks this will lower premiums....nothing could be further from the truth....and now many of the groups that originally said that this law was a good thing are now sayiong it's not such a great thing after all. Funny. The more they read the law and see what it affects the worse off the country seems to be. Why is that?

I run three corporations so how I am being dishonest when I pay clse to 40K in health insurance premiums a year?
How many do you employ and howmany different scenarios do you have with health insurance companies?
The reason 16 million Americans opted out of employer health insurance is that they are young and dumb. They would rather have a new car. Name someone that is NOT forced to buy car insurance. Are you attempting to tell us with a straight face that the uninsured incur NO medical costs and it is the taxpayer that IS NOT paying for their entire costs NOW? The facts are, as you either choose to ignore them or just have have no clue about this subject, that unmanaged care and the costs associated with it for those tens ofmillions is the fastest growing area of run away costs other than senior dope plan and chronic disease care.
You are right in that the inefficiencies of having a third party, a for profit entity such as ain insurance company, having to fully insure the entire population, will cause short term premiums to rise just as it did in the car insurance industry. However, the fact that the uninsured will now be forced to join the managed care and costs system, just as they arein the vehicle insurance industry, underwriting will be universal as in the vehicle industry.
The current system of disease care is fucked my man. We pay 55% for 4% of the population to receive chronic disease care. We are one of the unhealthiest nations on earth. My businesses can not sustain the spiraling costs of the current blank check system where a large % of the care given is unmanaged for the uninsured. They have $ for their cars but not their own health. Priorities.

The famous car insurance defense. You are only mandated to buy car insurance if you own a car. The govt is mandating (forcing) you to buy health insurance just for living. That is a really poor comparison that has been debunked many times.

The government is not forcing anyone to buy life insurance. You will be taxed differently at the end of the year if you don't. That's your choice. You see, you still have a choice.

This is not going to be repealed, and the reform will be in its favor.

Get over it.

We let government apply the label of "too big to fail". That was our downfall. To try and say the Obama administration is not taking on more (or planning to) of our individual responsibilities than the Bush administration did is just spin.

Boosh is not president anymore. Or so I keep hearing from those who took personal responsibility for electing him twice.

Exactly, just tell that to rightwinger.

Damned right Boooosh is not president anymore.

We the People voted those who supported the Boooosh agenda out of power. In return, we elected President Obama to fix the damage inflicted by eight long years of Boooooosh.

When Obama took office in Jan 2009, he inherited the worst economy in 70 years. We empowered him to do what was necessary to fend off impending disaster. His choice of TARP, Economic stimulus, saving key industries have paid off. The market, in complete panic at the time Obama took office went from 6500 to 11000, GDP is up, Job Losses have reversed.

That is what "We the People" elected Obama to do

I am offwering health care insurance.
It has a 1 million deudctable and a 1million and one dollar maximum.

But it is insurance and we will not deny you for pre existing conditions either.

Just $9.99 annual premium.

The far conloon right of the American spectrum fails to take responsibility for its collective action.

The electorate punished them in 2006 and 2008, and that is going to happen again in 2010.

:lol::lol::lol:

How much of a brainwashed hack do you have to be to believe that? :cuckoo:

The government is not forcing anyone to buy life insurance.

Correct, they're being forced to buy health insurance.

You will be taxed differently at the end of the year if you don't. That's your choice. You see, you still have a choice.

No, it's a false choice. Either buy what we tell you to or pay a fine to the government. That is force and you know it all too well you dishonest Nazi bastard. If this had been a mandate passed by Republicans you'd be raising the roof.

There are many policies the government has implemented that take away individual responsibility and therefore take away individual freedom, the “bail outs” for one. In a way, when someone sues the government or wants a “bail out” from the government they are saying “please control our lives more” and the government when they accept is in turn saying “OK, you are not responsible for your poor choices, we will take that on, it is really our responsibility”. The precedence is then set and gradually more responsibilities are removed from the individual and passed to the government.

The difference is that rather than just gifting the money as a bailout, as was done under Bush, The Obama administration demanded collateral in return for the money provided. This prevented the company from continuing the policies that got them in debt and protected the taxpayer.
The result has been banks paying back the money they were loaned and some even resulting in Government profit. GM is now stable and is prepared to pay back the government money.

Bailouts are not the norm. They are reserved for critical industries at severe economic times. The economy was on the verge of depression and these government bailouts prevented it

and you wonder why no one takes anything you say seriously....what you post is the exact opposite of the truth....an outright lie. But then again, we expect nothing less from you and those who agree with your abject stupidity.

Anyone with half a brain and watches the news on occasion knows that the TARP is being repaid WITH INTEREST and the Obama GRANTS to States will never be repaid...

NOW SHUT YOUR FUCKING HOLE UNTIL YOU GET SOME FACTS TO POST.

:lol:yes, I guess you went to the USMB school of logic, just claim something is stupid and infactual and attack the person stating and backing up their position instead of actually showing us why its so wrong, or that you have a brain :clap2:

:lol::lol::lol:

How much of a brainwashed hack do you have to be to believe that? :cuckoo:

The :cuckoo: is you, buddyroo, if you believe the great majority of America is not laughing at our party, headed by the mouths of Palin and Bachman and Rush et al. Son, 25% of America will vote GOP, but show me where the polls are saying the Republicans are going to do well this fall. There aren't any; go look.

The difference is that rather than just gifting the money as a bailout, as was done under Bush, The Obama administration demanded collateral in return for the money provided. This prevented the company from continuing the policies that got them in debt and protected the taxpayer.
The result has been banks paying back the money they were loaned and some even resulting in Government profit. GM is now stable and is prepared to pay back the government money.

Bailouts are not the norm. They are reserved for critical industries at severe economic times. The economy was on the verge of depression and these government bailouts prevented it

and you wonder why no one takes anything you say seriously....what you post is the exact opposite of the truth....an outright lie. But then again, we expect nothing less from you and those who agree with your abject stupidity.

Anyone with half a brain and watches the news on occasion knows that the TARP is being repaid WITH INTEREST and the Obama GRANTS to States will never be repaid...

:lol:yes, I guess you went to the USMB school of logic, just claim something is stupid and infactual and attack the person stating and backing up their position instead of actually showing us why its so wrong, or that you have a brain :clap2:

Ah yes, countering with opinion and a conspicuous lack of facts and sources. Why don't you do some research on the reduction in repsonsibility being genetically related Dr. Gregg. Since that is your field and all. The government has already funded research to prove just about every issue a person might have is genetic. Alcohol, sexual perference, ADD, you name it.

saveliberty, for a change, why don't you post some evidence that's worthwhile of discussion, because if you are foolish enough to think all opinions are equal, yours is not.

Hey patek you pussy, I'm employed and very well educated thank very much. Thanks again for showing what a dumbfuck troll you are and a coward who has to hide behind his stupid neg rep comments, yet can't post in public for all to see his stupidity

Last edited:
saveliberty, for a change, why don't you post some evidence that's worthwhile of discussion, because if you are foolish enough to think all opinions are equal, yours is not.

Unfortunately these morons think that. Amazing how they never learned how to debate anything and use logic and reasoning.

Unfortunately these morons think that. Amazing how they never learned how to debate anything and use logic and reasoning.

Please can someone else tell me they see the irony of this post. I can't be the only one laughing my ass off!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Name someone that is NOT forced to buy car insurance.

If I had a list of people who CHOSE PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION I could give you a list of SEVERAL MILLION.

and driving a car is a PRIVILEGE!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT A GODDAM RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not believe health care is a right and never said so.
Hate to tell you my man but public transportation vehicles ARE ALSO FORCED TO CARRY INSURANCE.

Please show where YOU, as a rider, are forced to carry insurance.... those doing the driving under their privilege on public roads are bound to insurance laws of the states they drive in.... and you can damn sight drive on your own private property without insurance

You can walk, you can ride a fucking camel, you can build a helipad in your back yard and charter flights to work, you can invent the teleporter, you can salsa dance down the street, you can do many things that do not require you to pay vehicle insurance

quit while you are behind, winger

Forum List

Back