The Epoch Times

Well it continues, the Propaganda landed in my mailbox today with a copy of the Epoch Times. The RED SCARE is the theme which Trump and his far right kooks will run on to cover for his incompetency and inept response to the Covit-19 Pandemic.

• Facebook and Twitter are said to have dismantled thousands of accounts and pages identified as being part of a global network seeking to push misleading pro-Trump messaging.
  • NBC News reported that the Facebook accounts, which it said used fake identities run by people in Vietnam, had been linked to The Epoch Times, a pro-Trump conspiracy website.
  • The Epoch Times was second only to the Trump campaign in pro-Trump ad spending on Facebook with $1.5 million before it was banned in August.
  • Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
From the link below:

Facebook is said to have removed more than 600 fake accounts linked to a website known to have pushed conspiracy theories in support of President Donald Trump.

NBC News reported Friday that The Epoch Times spent millions of dollars to run ads through the network of fake accounts, which apparently were created using artificial intelligence and were run by Vietnamese users pretending to be Americans. NBC News said the network also included 89 pages, 156 groups, and 72 Instagram accounts and amassed over 55 million followers on Facebook.

Oh, and food for thought:

and,

And all you trumpsters who won't read these links are now free to attack the messenger (even when you won't read these links).

You don't like the 3poch times simply because you're a racist that hates Chinese people

The Epoch Times and its entire sprawling international Media Group is indeed a Falun Gong cult related propaganda network, now deeply involved not just in anti-CCP campaigns, but in pro-Trump campaigning. In Europe it is pro-extreme right, including even allying with anti-U.S. groups in Germany. It will probably be around for a long time as it tries to carve out a more “respectable” anti-Communist conservative posture in U.S. society. The best overall article on its history and present influence is the well-anotated Wikipedia article: The Epoch Times - Wikipedia

I have followed it on and off for years. Falun Gong holds regular, usually silent picket line protests outside Chinese embassies and consular offices all over the world, recruiting from the large Chinese emigre diaspora. Needless to say, its reporting on China usually lacks any subtlety, but still has a real Chinese cultural “feel” (reporting also on food, tradition, art). It is sort of a one-dimensional mirror-image in reverse of Chinese Communist Party propaganda. It also has engaged in outright lies, misrepresentations, spreading conspiracy claims, etc.

In some ways it is evolving like the Moonies’ media empire did in the 1980s. The Washington Times newspaper was financed generously by a billionaire South Korean industrialist and lunatic cultist and became the favorite newspaper read daily by Ronald Reagan. But because the Epoch Times internet empire is placing itself at the vanguard of Trump’s anti-China (really just anti-CCP) new Cold War initiative, it can prove far more influential and more dangerous, molding American public opinion in terrible ways.
ALL MEDIA, I don't care who it is, is designed to manipulate public opinion and is guilty of embellishment on many levels.

That said, I don't see anything redeeming about the CCP, it is a global malignancy just like every other collectivist government or agency.

The Epoch Times and its entire sprawling international Media Group is indeed a Falun Gong cult related propaganda network, now deeply involved not just in anti-CCP campaigns, but in pro-Trump campaigning. In Europe it is pro-extreme right, including even allying with anti-U.S. groups in Germany. It will probably be around for a long time as it tries to carve out a more “respectable” anti-Communist conservative posture in U.S. society. The best overall article on its history and present influence is the well-anotated Wikipedia article: The Epoch Times - Wikipedia

I have followed it on and off for years. Falun Gong holds regular, usually silent picket line protests outside Chinese embassies and consular offices all over the world, recruiting from the large Chinese emigre diaspora. Needless to say, its reporting on China usually lacks any subtlety, but still has a real Chinese cultural “feel” (reporting also on food, tradition, art). It is sort of a one-dimensional mirror-image in reverse of Chinese Communist Party propaganda. It also has engaged in outright lies, misrepresentations, spreading conspiracy claims, etc.

In some ways it is evolving like the Moonies’ media empire did in the 1980s. The Washington Times newspaper was financed generously by a billionaire South Korean industrialist and lunatic cultist and became the favorite newspaper read daily by Ronald Reagan. But because the Epoch Times internet empire is placing itself at the vanguard of Trump’s anti-China (really just anti-CCP) new Cold War initiative, it can prove far more influential and more dangerous, molding American public opinion in terrible ways.
ALL MEDIA, I don't care who it is, is designed to manipulate public opinion and is guilty of embellishment on many levels.

That said, I don't see anything redeeming about the CCP, it is a global malignancy just like every other collectivist government or agency.
I don’t much like totalitarian one party states myself! I certainly don’t expect any media group to be 100% impartial, either.

But we should know what the Epoch Times is. Likewise, we should remember that the CCP itself has evolved tremendously, as has Chinese mainland society. Many of the party leaders in China themselves were once targets of Mao’s “rectification” campaigns. XiJinping certainly seems an entrenched leader today, but it is not clear that his personal rule, or his factions rule, will remain unchallenged. In Russia, after Stalin there was Khrushchev, and much later Gorbachev. Such changes may not seem likely at the moment in China, but we absolutely cannot afford to throw up our hands and take an extreme position, or spread unfounded lies about them. That may work to make us feel better, to serve narrow political ends in the U.S., but it will have disastrous consequences for the future..

I am mostly concerned that U.S. policy will prove incapable of intelligently countering Inevitable Chinese challenges. If our policies are misguided, reflecting the crazy thinking of outright cultists, we will surely end up destroying our best chance of positively influencing evolution inside China, and likely set the stage for disastrous unnecessary conflicts in the future.

Last edited:
Well it continues, the Propaganda landed in my mailbox today with a copy of the Epoch Times. The RED SCARE is the theme which Trump and his far right kooks will run on to cover for his incompetency and inept response to the Covit-19 Pandemic.

• Facebook and Twitter are said to have dismantled thousands of accounts and pages identified as being part of a global network seeking to push misleading pro-Trump messaging.
  • NBC News reported that the Facebook accounts, which it said used fake identities run by people in Vietnam, had been linked to The Epoch Times, a pro-Trump conspiracy website.
  • The Epoch Times was second only to the Trump campaign in pro-Trump ad spending on Facebook with $1.5 million before it was banned in August.
  • Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
From the link below:

Facebook is said to have removed more than 600 fake accounts linked to a website known to have pushed conspiracy theories in support of President Donald Trump.

NBC News reported Friday that The Epoch Times spent millions of dollars to run ads through the network of fake accounts, which apparently were created using artificial intelligence and were run by Vietnamese users pretending to be Americans. NBC News said the network also included 89 pages, 156 groups, and 72 Instagram accounts and amassed over 55 million followers on Facebook.

Oh, and food for thought:

and,

And all you trumpsters who won't read these links are now free to attack the messenger (even when you won't read these links).

You don't like the 3poch times simply because you're a racist that hates Chinese people

Not surprisingly, this ^^^ post make no sense. You might want to try to attack me as does Pete tries and fails, he baffles with bullshit and actually believes he's someone with credibility.

I don’t much like totalitarian one party states myself! I certainly don’t expect any media group to be 100% impartial, either.

But we should know what the Epoch Times is. Likewise, we should remember that the CCP itself has evolved tremendously, as has Chinese mainland society. Many of the party leaders in China themselves were once targets of Mao’s “rectification” campaigns. XiJinping certainly seems an entrenched leader today, but it is not clear that his personal rule, or his factions rule, will remain unchallenged. In Russia, after Stalin there was Khrushchev, and much later Gorbachev. Such changes may not seem likely at the moment in China, but we absolutely cannot afford to throw up our hands and take an extreme position, or spread unfounded lies about them. That may work to make us feel better, to serve narrow political ends in the U.S., but it will have disastrous consequences for the future..

I am mostly concerned that U.S. policy will prove incapable of intelligently countering Inevitable Chinese challenges. If our policies are misguided, reflecting the crazy thinking of outright cultists, we will surely end up destroying our best chance of positively influencing evolution inside China, and likely set the stage for disastrous unnecessary conflicts in the future.

I share your concern with how our government is going to deal with China. While I do have a lot of faith that Trump is motivated to do what he thinks is best for the nation's interest, I'm not sure he has the best and brightest advising him or that he understands and is knowledgeable enough to make all the right calls.

Still far more preferable to hitlery or mindless Joe for certain.

I do think we need to start looking elsewhere for cheap labor and do more manufacturing in other countries where the labor and products might even cost more, because all we are doing is propping up or worst adversary at this point. I don't see the Chinese people as ever being able to shrug off the communist regime at any time in the future. That said I do believe the Russians remain wary of China and if we could just get out of the middle east the islamic radicals of the world might start focusing their attention on what the CCP is doing to the islamic population everywhere they have any influence. This would put China in a weaker position and they would have to focus more on defending themselves from closer to home rather than attempting to advance their dominance in our direction.

I share your concern with how our government is going to deal with China. While I do have a lot of faith that Trump is motivated to do what he thinks is best for the nation's interest, I'm not sure he has the best and brightest advising him or that he understands and is knowledgeable enough to make all the right calls.

Still far more preferable to hitlery or mindless Joe for certain.

I do think we need to start looking elsewhere for cheap labor and do more manufacturing in other countries where the labor and products might even cost more, because all we are doing is propping up or worst adversary at this point. I don't see the Chinese people as ever being able to shrug off the communist regime at any time in the future. That said I do believe the Russians remain wary of China and if we could just get out of the middle east the islamic radicals of the world might start focusing their attention on what the CCP is doing to the islamic population everywhere they have any influence. This would put China in a weaker position and they would have to focus more on defending themselves from closer to home rather than attempting to advance their dominance in our direction.

Well, respectfully Pete, I have to disagree with almost every point you raise. I haven’t time to answer now, however. Maybe tomorrow I can go into all this...:night:

Forum List

Back